Reviews for The Grafting
the brown cow chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
Awww shit, you made me cry
Blue Raspberry Boy chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
This is a really amazing song-fic. It fits real well with "When Night Falls", I thought. It also captures the relationship between Rex and Ahsoka. Great job :D
Owlrose chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Aww so sweet, I'm glad you put them back where the independence started for Rex. It's nice that you made it one of those happy, fluffy stories. Considering Order 66 it's always nice to read stories that imply that the characters will survive and that there is hope for everyone involved. And Rex got his family, yay that always gives me the warm fuzzies. Perfectly written and completely charming. You my friend have another winner of a tale. May the Force be with you.

~Rose
Kelana-ti chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
... Whoah. An amazing story. I'll have to check out that song, too. :D
Admiral Daala chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I loved everything about this story. It was sad and sweet. Loving and caring.

"Suu had taken Ahsoka 'under her lek..." very sweet!

I loved how you showed the tender side of Rex as a parent and I actually got a little sobby at the end! Well done )
Queen chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Afraid this is going to be short since I've got to run, but it was good to see this up! I'd half forgotten you asked to write something set in the Homestead 'verse! XD

It was lovely to see Ahsoka and Rex as parents. I do have kind of a hard time seeing them really settling down the way Cut did, but it's an interesting scenario to explore (in here, in my own fic...), and a different approach than them taking in padawans in need of training (though the end result is quite similar, in terms of building a family). Also liked how you mentioned that Rex understood family is more than genes. It was really a nice touch, and makes sense for a clone whose family outside of other clones would have to be built on more than just genes.
DoubleEO chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
I'm not mad and I know you are capable of fluff. :D AWWW, I think that the pairing is cute. :D they're only what? 7 or 8 years apart. It's not like she's 40 and he's 20.
outlaw hunter chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Wow that truly was fantastic! You wrote Rex acting like a father so realisticaly. As soon as I saw the baby was named Jayson i couldnt help but smile;) I remember reading Queen's Homestead and your writing seemed to blend nicely with that "fan-verse". Your both definitly my favorite authors! Also, Rex with an Obi-wan beard? WIN
SerendipityAEY chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Very touching one-shot! I think it fits very well having Ahsoka and Rex fighting awhile - needing to fight back with the pain if it still raw, but eventually things would get so hard and I really enjoyed reading the possible future of them settling down. Those quiet moments are so important and meaningful. Nice job!
laloga chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Did you plan this? You totally planned to publish this after the "Rema" chapter, didn't you? :P

Loved the "full circle" feeling of this story, how you begin and end with Freda and her son. It felt very poetic. I also loved the theme of parents wanting their children to have better lives than what they had - I know it's something that most parents share - and how you used it with both Freda and Rex.

You've captured "mature" Rex and Ahsoka perfectly here! (Rex with a beard!) They're still themselves but a little quieter, a little wiser. Particularly enjoyed this: "She turned on her side, her face not even an inch from his own, letting him feel her words through the air, and well as hear them from her mouth." Lovely description!

My favorite part was definitely Rex rocking Jayson to sleep; so tender and sweet! "Rex continued to sway, bending his legs in a steady rhythm, listening to the whistling song of his sleeping son." Loved the detail that you put into this moment, it was just perfect.

I liked how 'adult' Jayson was reluctant to talk to his parents about his true desires; of course they'd encourage him, but kids rarely see their parents as 'people,' and the moment between Rex and Jayson felt incredibly realistic.

If I have any complaint, it's that there wasn't *enough* of this. I would have loved to see Ahsoka with Jayson, Rex teaching him to walk, etc, but I know that's not what this story was about. You had a specific goal in mind, a particular theme, and (to me) you pulled it off with aplomb. :)

Lovely job! I was excited to see this in my inbox when I got home from work!
captainrexbest35 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
me likey i was sad that rema died after all that they went tru but i know that there will be a happy ending i will update sunshine this week cus ive been working on it all week