Reviews for He Didn't Have To Be
00DeadAccount00 chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
That was a really nice piece. I was very emotional, and also very gripping, good job! :)
phie chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Oh, my! You succeeded in making me do something I rarely do: tear up & cry. I suppose it is because I can relate to this story so well. You wrote it beautifully, and captured the emotions perfectly. Well done! :)
dan34 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
bla bla bla bla your story melts
Comment person chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Touching, very touching. It's great to know that Candace loves her step-father...but still a father. Good job.

From, Comment person
RomanianPrincess chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
This was really cute. I love how you spanned a couple of decades of years of her life with specific stories like that. Like, you really brought the point across. I think it could have been effective if you had a hard time with her dad earlier in the story, or a longer, more involved story, or multiple stories. It kind of felt stuck on at the end of the story. But really, that's probably just a personality thing. You really did a fantastic job with this.

Also, I was confused with the last line. She wants to be half the mom her dad wasn't? Like... I didn't understand. But other than that- LOVED the story :D You're great.
MeanMrsMustard chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
This is a beautiful story. It's the first fanfic from Candace's perspective I've seen. I especially liked the bit describing the time between Phineas' birth and Linda and Lawrence's wedding. Great job!
ZaxSauce12 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Wow that was really touching it almost made me cry.
Better a Freak Than A Fake chapter 1 . 7/13/2011