Reviews for melodies of ocean blue
Wolfstarcastic chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
Brilliant, I haven't read a Lucy/James fic in ages; this fic reminded me why I love them so much.
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
So beautiful and intricately written. Happy Writing:)
centralperks chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Well, took me long enough to review, didn't it?

It was so lovely, Pearl, seriously! I kept forgetting that I liked JamesDominique... ;) Your descriptions of them were so lovely. I love James in this, he's not a jerk, but not always considerate, but you can't help but love him. And Lucy with him is so sweet, but wrong, and it's gorgeous.

Oh, and I loved the last part.. those last three notes bits. How gorgeous, seriously. I loved how they knew what it was, and how it seem insignificant to everyone else. It was so beautiful. Great job, and keep writing!

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DEDICATION, IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY &hearts&hearts&hearts
darklightningdevil chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Aw, this was so sweet :) and I love the way you portrayed them both in this
lowi chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
This was absolutely wonderful Pearl! I adored it so much, and especially the "theme" with the piano.

Really really beautiful, I think you captured everything perfectly, their emotions and feelings were all displayed fantastically!

Amazing work Pearl!
ladymacaroni chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
amazing. amazing. just downright amazing.
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
they really do make an interesting couple :) I love your headcanon with the nextgen characters XD
candycity chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
This. Is. Genius.

The ending is...amazing. I'm completely incapable of writing happy endings, and yours are pretty much genius.

Keep writing, 'cause you rock.

xx Avril
schwans chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Wow, just wow. It's so descriptive and read so well. I am totally in love with the characterizations of both James and Lucy. And the use of their eyes through the story was just a great reminder of their being related.
currents chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Beautiful, Pearl :)

James(ii)Lucy is so beautiful, isn't it?

You did it wonderfully, it was the perfect blend of angst and romance :)

Love from,

Summer
chasingafterstarlight chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Pearl. But. This is terrific and it shouldn't be but.

Ravenclaw Lucy who was hesitant and impulsive at times and wow, she was a great character and perfect with James and I loved her and James was as equally perfect and I want to marry him and I think I like LucyJamea now, thank you. Lovely job.
thelilacfield chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
'Just silken secrets whispered against her petal-glossed lips and tender kisses breathed down her throat and hands that promise velvet lies across the length of her body.'

'All his scars from Quidditch and schoolyard fights and hexes that never healed are scrawled across his back, tattooed into the fabric of him, memories of times gone by and all those days when she sat by him in a bed and wiped the blood from his body with her miracle-working hands.'

Frickin' frick, why are you such a good writer?

You've got me shipping LucyJames instead of RoseJames now :)

Amazing :)
george's firework chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
That was... just beautiful. Pure and utter beauty translated into words and put into a fic for all of us to devour with our greedy eyes.

I loved the way you painted them both, the way you used the prompts, the way you made me feel just how much was against them and how scared she was but how much she wanted it anyway.

Despite the title already being beautiful I think you should change the name to 'Beauty' and the summary to 'Warning: contains items of a rather beautiful nature.'
Blu V chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Very touching. Love the extended metaphor you use comparing love to the ocean (drowning, damp, loosing yourself, blue, etc.) Very well thought out and very well written ]
iliads chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Pearl, this is wonderful, gah. Stop being such an amazing writer!

But seriously, I loved every word of this. I love how it started as an accident, but turns into something much more. And don't even get me started on your characterisations of James and Lucy, ugh, they were both so amazing, flawed, but they worked so well together, however wrong it was. I also loved the whole feeling of togetherness at the end, and this: "Come on, Lucy. We can do this. Together. We always have." It just conveys so much to the reader about their relationship, their childhood, and ... wow.

Your descriptions and diction are lovely as always. The beginning really stood out to me, with "silken secrets", "petal-glossed lips" (/loved/ this description to pieces), and "broken, hopeless glory". So, so beautiful.

I'm going to stop rambling now and tell you that I think I officially have been converted to this pairing. Amazing work, Pearl, and thank you for the dedication. :D