Reviews for Blue Satin and Cowboy Boots
Please update. I love this story!
cheshire15 chapter 30 . 12/18/2016
Hope to see an update, but either way, I really like this story. Thanks for it
Guest chapter 30 . 12/17/2016
hope u have plans to finish this story.
AmazinMaggie chapter 30 . 12/17/2016
I think it was great! AND I WANT MORE MORE MORE
nicole chapter 30 . 10/27/2016
It's been months since this was updated & years since it was started. Where are you?
Guest chapter 30 . 7/18/2016
Love it! I'm hooked!
ArdenSkye7 chapter 30 . 6/20/2016
Hello there! :)
So, while I am a new reviewer, I also want to apologize for only now leaving a review instead of one for every chapter. But in my defense, I was insanely sucked up into this magical (and addicting!) world you have created. Am hoping that an extra long review will help make up for my lack of number of reviews?! :)
I devoured your story! Seriously, I think I knocked this lovely gem out in an afternoon? :) It's insanely brilliant, well written, suspenseful in the untraditional sense, and charming. I promise to expand more on that momentarily as I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I've read so far.
I think what initially drew me in after your synopsis was the idea of the time period. As a lover of all things Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters etc., I always seem to be ecstatic to find other stories written around the same time. I've also rarely encountered pieces where the setting isn't early 2000s to modern. Sure, I've found a couple that take place in and around 1917 with Edward as a human...but this? Well, *smiles* I think the fact that I knew it was going to take place before that time frame hooked me in. Plus, and somewhat ironically, I was hoping to get a lot of Jasper's "darlin'" timed in, too; the irony comes into play because I never knew I needed Edward Cullen to call Bella "darlin'" until now. Of course, I swoon whenever (which I must admit, reveals of often I read fanfic lol) Edward calls Bella "love" because a) it's adorable; b) it's my favorite pet name; and c) I find it so endearing and more heart felt than being called baby/babe etc all the time. *shrugs* I've always thought it swoon worthy for Jasper to call Alice "darlin'" or even to Bella or Rose good naturedly. Why it never crossed my mind that Edward couldn't do the same, I'll never understand. But now? Hehe, well, now I'm gonna want it all the time.
Which nicely transitions into my next point/reason I was captivated. You have a spectacular gift in your writing and story telling. Also, though, the diction and dialect all throughout has stayed so thoroughly in character it's flawless (and also put me in the mood for fancying myself a good southern lass for the evening!), I couldn't stop reading. Well, the nice little chemistry between Bella and Edward didn't hurt matters either.
Can't express how surprised I was to learn the fourth (well, okay, technically second) Cullen brother ended up being James. Usually if I read a fic and learn there's more than three, my automatical assumption is Carlisle. So, when I learned James was the brother, I then made the assumption that Carlisle and Esme would be their parents. After this last chapter, however, I have been corrected again. *squeaks* I'm stoked to see how you'll decide to incorporate Esme and Carlisle into the drama/mix! But how clever of you to create such a merry motley crew! And to top it all off, had me thinking they were misfits/outlaws (well, not thinking...*clears throat* knowing) and then there's sweet, innocent, coming of age Isabella who's been raised as a good God fearing girl of her time. *cackles wickedly* Well, that may have been a huge portion of why I was curious to see how you would play out the plot. It's similar but different enough of a parallel between canon. Like I said earlier, it's a gem and utterly brilliant!
So before I forget this thought...will we ever learn who bought that beautiful fabric that our lovely Bella had her eyes and heart set on? At first, I thought I may have been Edward. Then, after meeting Rosalie (whom I adored INSANTLY, though not always unusal, but was such a relief to have her portrayed like you did. Bravo!) I thought maybe it was still Edward, but Rose would be in charge of possibly making a dress of Bella, especially after she had Bella trying on various dresses and Bella thought Rose was memorizing her size or the like. Of course, life for our Cullen family has no room for such muses; but one can speculate, yes? I thought it would have been romantic for the dress to be used as Bella's wedding dress. :) Also, I was curious too because of the title and am wondering how it'll all play into the greater plot.
I will admit to being antsy. You said there's a lot of story left to tell; which I am stoked and thrilled about! I'm just nervous. You started the last chapter with Charlie's perspective (which scared me because I was confused if that was Bella's reaction to Edward's proposal), and I was like noo! Not another heart attack. And by that reference I mean the heart breaking, tears infested boarding on a sob fest reaction I had in chapter 26 when I thought Bella was gonna let Edward ride away. Geez, Louise, I was in such a tizzy from the chapter before that, and then finding out one of the Cullens had been shot (and secretly wishing it was James) but not being able to reconcile Bella's fears it may have been Edward or Jasper. But man did I about lose it from the moment he came riding in all bloody on the horse... I couldn't figured out if I was anticipating a short reunion or what. Afraid Ben would find them: twice, actually...once when Edward first arrived and then after their lip lock. Was totally terrified Ben or Charlie would stumble upon them and shoot Edward dead. Which also made me think of that scene in the Disney movie Pocahontas where she saves John Smith's life...hehe, a little silly perhaps, but it gave me a microscopic level of security that if such a circumstance were to arise, Bella would stand up for herself and wouldn't take it. Of course, I don't see that ending prettily, so I'm ecstatic that situation never unraveled...yet? *shakes head firmly* At. All. :) Moreover, I was in a right state after Edward asked/gave her the thought in the first place. I wanted her to go. Live a little Bella! It shouldn't be THAT much of a decision, especially if it meant NEVER marrying Michael Newton. *shudders and takes a deep breath* But then I thought how hard it would be to leave her family. I had a similar realization as she did. I thought it would be hardest for her to leave Abby (who is ridiculously adorable, by the way!). The whole leaving for marriage thing though? That makes sense. So, despite all the heartache for our two favorites, that time needed to happen. But what happened to make Emmett get shot; but not only that, shot in the back as Edward said? Poor Rosalie. I hope Emmett pulls through. Also, Edward and Bella are adorable. And no matter the adorableness, I'm terrified they're gonna get caught. For some reason, I feel an inkling better if they are caught AND married. Of course, this will no doubt anger Charlie to the high heavens and probably wouldn't faze him to make up some excuse to comfort his self and still make Bella marry Michael after killing Edward of course... See. Too much anxiety lol. Well, that and the fact I am enamored with contemplating theories when reading. :) I'm not even sure if I wanna start sprouting about theories from the end of this chapter. Hmm...right now I'm hoping it's simply one of two things: a) Bella's nightmares or b) Jasper and Alice found them. I would be thrilled to have Alice and Jasper tag along...but...*fidgets* I'm so terrified the Forks posse will catch up. I'm not ready for that show down. *pauses* but a double wedding would be nice! :) hahaha
I will also say it's a little refreshing to see the Volturi not involved. Of course, that doesn't mean I would be disappointed and stop reading if you decided to include them. (For one, it's your story, and another I love it too much to really leave it!) I have had feelings, before Edward told Bella, that perhaps the Cullens were mixed up with the Volturi. Which could still be the case. *shrugs* but I AM so very much curious about the Cullens and their background. It's a perplexing combination of mystery and open book. And that's all a superb compliment to your writing skills! Additionally, I have enjoyed watching the character development and the expansion you played with. Job well done! Even though the story is basically Bella's, I think it's her growth that I've enjoyed the most. All thanks to Edward, of course! ;)
I hope my jumbled up thoughts made some sense lol. While I noted you have been working on this particular piece of a while, and promised to get back as soon as RL allowed you (that's more than understandable!), and the promise of HEAs, I still felt your story deserved appraisal. I won't beg that you update at a fixed time. I would casually cajole you with cookies as a motivation tool along with muse inspirations lol. In all honestly, I wanted to profess how awesome Blue Satin and Cowboy Boots is and to say I hope you are able to find the time to continue and potentially finish the story at your own time. RL is crazy. I hope life has been treating you kindly. Thanks so much for deciding to share. I've fallen in love today and can't wait to see where the rest of this path is headed; even though I'm on the rocks about being caught up and not having the reassurance of a next chapter to calm me down. :) All the best! ArdenSkye
Lissagirl26 chapter 30 . 6/17/2016
Really hope that there will be more and this story will finish off with a happily ever after.
Kurious1 chapter 30 . 6/16/2016
I don't trust that my inbox will alert me when you post the next chapter, so I am constantly stalking the site for updates on the story. I have been waiting since February. Please just throw your loyal followers a bone or something. Your stories are good, fun, and very interesting. Please update as its summer now and I was hopping that you would complete the story during this season.
akjamma chapter 30 . 6/13/2016
So you really weren't back? Then why did I start reading this again?
IsabellaEdward17 chapter 1 . 5/7/2016
Sounds interesting..
trbhasspkn chapter 8 . 5/1/2016
i am laughing out loud at your phrases like "Rocks and sticks" and "cobs of corn" They are so funny!
trbhasspkn chapter 2 . 4/30/2016
This is a great start! You have me hook, line, and sinker! Yay! I've been looking for a good fic for awhile now :)
rubell chapter 30 . 4/24/2016
better alice and jasper than charlie and the 'posse'
kristina.bowes chapter 30 . 4/19/2016
Love this story can't wait to see what happens next! Hope you update soon!
2,624 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »