Reviews for Child of the Drow
Seville chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
Please continue this story! It's really interesting!
Sadiera Manx chapter 13 . 10/18/2012
Love your story!
Nedy Rahn chapter 13 . 12/26/2011
Your story about Nuitae is very enjoyable and interesting. I like that you have her in a position that places her in a society that will test her very resolve. I suspect that she is not neutral to good and evil, but perhaps favors the light over the darkness. However she seems to be neutral as to order and chaos and is likely to use either as needed to gain advantage for herself in the long runs. I say what I do about the light and darkness because of her response when Zalnashir's life was placed into her hands by Ilharess Vyrashzna. Jalil Nuitae will have to do something with Jabbruk Zalnashir in order to prove that she is indeed a Jabbress rather than an ordinary female. Though in Drow society of the Underdark her station is still lower than either a Yath'athrin (priestess in training) or a full fledged Yathrin (priestess). However her taking the track she is will be of benefit for her deception. Now she has to deal with Zalnashir in a way that will save her face before the Ilharess (Matron Mother) and leave the Second Son living, but in her service.
Lady Fellshot chapter 12 . 12/6/2011
Trey needs to fall into an abyss. I'm rather left wondering if his insistence that Nuitae become a drow in everything except breeding is leading up to some betrayal. Actually no, I'm hoping for that so that maybe Nuitae will grow some motivation and direction of her own. Sigh.

At this point I would rather have a story about Siathshian than Nutiae and creeperboy. Much better character outline so far for her.
Lady Fellshot chapter 11 . 12/6/2011
I'm getting left with the sad realization that Nuitae is not in fact telling her own story. Rather Trey the jerk is dictating it and she's going along with what he wants to do now that he has someone who hates drow but looks like one to do it with. There's a lot of time spent with what Trey wants, but I'm still left wondering what Nuitae actually wants to do.

Also, that whole section about explaining the differences between drow/human mixes and drow/light elf mixes seemed pretty much like an info-dump. any differences should already be obvious from upbringing, outlook and how the character carries themselves. Over explaining in the dialog leaves the characters feeling more flat than before.
Lady Fellshot chapter 9 . 12/4/2011
*eye twitches*

I think that the order of things perhaps needs some work. And the exposition as well.

It looks like you want to explore the cultural fun and games of having a child resulting from two races who usually hate each other's guts sort out her identity, but you aren't really establishing either side of the dualism equally. There's a lot of shouting about how Nuitae is a surface elf, but there isn't a lot in her mannerisms, or things that might have been established from her village to really solidify that assertion for this reader aside from her repeated declarations. There's enough variation across the spectrum of elves that a moon elf will likely react differently from a wood elf or a sun elf. Establishing Drow behavior and how Nuitae perceives them to be, is easy, since you opened up with an unprovoked village raid.

There's a great deal of potential, but it's chasing its tail a bit overmuch.
Lady Fellshot chapter 7 . 12/4/2011
I like a good bit of character to character byplay, but I'm still waiting for someone to say, hey let's go find a diviner and have them tell me how to reach my mother" or something. Also it seems like someone from her originating village could have volunteered to help her. I don't like the degree of isolation on Nuitae when there wasn't anything about her being an outcast from her elven village.

I hate having the feeling that I'm supposed to like a character when I don't see anything to like about them. :/ I still want to see whats-his-name die in the privy.
Lady Fellshot chapter 5 . 12/4/2011
"I've never seen an elf dressed so heavily."

Never heard of the chilly season called winter has he?

All snarkage aside (of which I do on reflex, pay it no heed), I'm more than a little worried that Nuitae doesn't seem to be heading in a direction with a plan in mind. I think she's trying to find her mother from the first chapter, but that is getting subsumed by Wonder-jerk Boy.
Lady Fellshot chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
I'm getting a brainwave: Terian is going to blackmail Nuitae into a partnership using a lock of horse's hair and a dead twig. I'd hope that mind flayers eat his brain, but I'm not sure if they'd find it. _
Lady Fellshot chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
Somehow I think that I could have done without the previous chapter. :P At least there is plot movement in this one.

I now want Terien to be eaten alive by hyenas. Wolves will do in a pinch though.
Lady Fellshot chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
I would like Terian to die in a fire. It's nothing personal, but anytime I see a character so firmly cast as "love interest" I want them to die in a fire. Also, my first impression is of an arrogant ass.

A side note, I do find it strange that Nuitae doesn't exhibit anything of her mother in her appearance, but I suppose I'll have to blame that on the sourcebooks.
Lady Fellshot chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I'll admit to being rather thoroughly confused through this first chapter. I get that Tsa'neth doesn't particularly like the place he comes from, but the hows and wherefores of a drow having a congenial relationship with a surface elf whose village is apparently on someone's raiding list seems tricky to say the least. To regard him well after a big nasty raid where friends and family died seems sketchy. I found the chapter more than a bit problematic with that first scene in place.

That being said, I think I would have preferred starting with the second scene... Although I still have trouble with a mom telling her kid (who thinks that she came about via an act of violence) that her father would accept her more than a bit disturbing.
Zireael07 chapter 13 . 10/28/2011
I love the story and the small snippets of FR lore, like the bautha z'hin style. Brilliant!
Reinamarie Seregon chapter 7 . 9/10/2011
i like yr fic, does Drizzt come in? Or just your own drow? I like elves a lot and have commented before. i'm glad u update
Phoenix Skyborne chapter 9 . 9/4/2011
This is a very well-written and very interesting story. I look forward to more!