Reviews for Superman: New Beginnings
Shaltir chapter 1 . 1/8
I like that you downgraded Supermans powers a bit. I like that you made him seem more human. And the writing quality itself is actually not bad, despite what other people are saying.
I hate that every woman that sees him is obsessed with his muscles, physique, etc. and that all the women in this story can seem to do is talk about men and having sex with men. I applaud you for making women that are physically powerful and in positions of political power, but that doesnt mean that youre writing believable female characters. If youre going to have female main characters you should at the very least be able to pass the Bechdel test.
Roses Of Yuushi chapter 5 . 8/6/2017
Though I love your story, I do have a critique of your portrayal of the Justice League in the beginning. They aren't really meant to replace police officers and do their work for them. I honestly think that would make humanity far too reliant on Heroes. The Justice League is really meant to take care of things humanity can't defend itself against. Hostile aliens, super powered beings, divine entities, natural disasters, and so on.

I honestly think that if they did try to get as involved as they could with stopping comparatively minor crimes, that would be bad for mankind in the long run. That's the same basic reason they can't to step in and stop all wars, depose dictators, or take down unethical businessman even though it is certainly within their power to do so.

I don't disagree with the reason you have certain characters dislike them, becoming too disconnected from humanity is certainly a bad thing. I just don't think I can agree with some of the reasoning behind that conclusion.

But other than that, this is one of the best superman stories on this entire site. His development as a character, his difficulty getting a hold of his identity, and the more human aspects of him that are so often overlooked in comics in terms of his uncertainties and doubts. You struck a fantastic balance between people being in awe of him, with the inherent tragedy of his character. Fantastic!
MIK23LIK chapter 1 . 7/22/2017
wanted to love the story but you made superman look like a weak guy against grundy so had to quit.
Guest chapter 18 . 6/11/2017
You mentioned those 'islamic' armies, everything you point out is correct, that they are terrorists, and so on, but you are wrong about one thing. They aren't islamic, actually they are just the opposite. They claim they are muslim, but they actually seek to dirty Islam religion.
Islam is a religion of equality and modesty, totally NOT what those terorists do. You can research Islam religion to see just how diffrent it is then those terrorists pose.

I know i ranted, but it is just wrong how you showed them as islamic, i don't blame you though, because some people really work to dirty Islam, and fill people with lies I just hope you, and people who see this rewiev will take this seriously and make some research. But other than that, this was a nice episode.
Waka Nibbolo chapter 10 . 5/28/2017
Ok. I gave it two more chapters, but this is painful. A Few things before I go. To perfect English is actually a thing. Contractions are your friend unless your a robot. Though the plot is really interesting, the writing needs a looking over badly. No real spelling errors, just a lot wrong with commas and run on sentences. Get that fixed and this could get real good real fast. And finally, prepare for a rant. Superman is the strongest DC hero. Full stop. The dude has in cannon lifted infinity and eternity. I shit you not. He is functionally immortal, and the more yellow sunlight he absorbs, the stronger he gets. Twice as much under a blue sun. Please don't do the bullshit depower thing that makes him "realistic". Superman isn't about being realistic like Batman. It's about a God amongst men and the choices he faces as a nearly limitless being and trying to be a hero.
Waka Nibbolo chapter 4 . 5/28/2017
My one complain might not seem like much, but it's killing this story. USE FUCKING CONTRACTIONS! Your characters sound like fucking robots.
ProfessorNafis chapter 41 . 3/2/2017
Awesome story
Guest chapter 27 . 2/21/2017
Green arrow wouldn't be having sex at a time like that
Vanafindiel chapter 5 . 11/21/2016
You need to use commas way more than you do. It's kinda frustrating when a sentence runs on without them. See, you have complex compound sentences everywhere, but you lack the proper punctuation.

For future works, when you proof read, and you find places where you naturally pause within a sentence, add a comma. This works rather well when you read aloud. We unconsciously know grammar, we just don't realize it.
ShiftFrame chapter 41 . 11/6/2016
This story made me laugh my ass on and cry in happiness, relief, and sorrow. It is brilliantly well done and I thank you for writing it, it punched me in the feels many times and I absolutely loved it. You did a great job!~ :D
grg213 chapter 12 . 7/27/2016
Ok Im really enjoying the fic so far but you are so much more focused on everyones angsty relationship bullshit that it makes up more of the story than anything else makes me feel like I'm reading the DC version of twilight.
Tarix chapter 41 . 7/16/2016
Great story, thank you for writing it.
Guest chapter 41 . 7/11/2016
Good story. Can't wait to read another. Love the superman / black canary is very rare pairing. I wish there are more stories like this.
Guest chapter 41 . 7/9/2016
Superman / Black Canary
Batman / Zantanna
Green Lantern ( Hal Jordan ) / Hawkgirl
These are good pairings that deserve some more stories. Maybe do a reboot the Justice League animated series with Hal Jordan and Barry Allen replacing John Stewart and Wally West as Green Lantern and The Flash. And Black Canary and Zantanna as founders of the league with the others.
Other than that keep doing what you're doing. Hope to read another one of your justice league stories.
Guest chapter 41 . 7/6/2016