Reviews for Soul's Light
Abominatus674 chapter 18 . 10/27
Amazing story. Dresden was really well characterized, and his interactions with the children were both 'realistic' and made sense. My only issue (apart from the fic's apparent deadness) is the lack of actual impact Dresden's presence had. The adherence to both Evangelion and DF plot seems very restricting. For one thing, how could Dresdenverse rune magic have enhanced an Eva? Wouldn't his ability to actually penetrate an AT field be a bigger deal?
Brenden chapter 18 . 10/27
Mayhem296 chapter 18 . 5/20
Very cool story so far.
Looking forward to reading more.
Sdarian chapter 18 . 5/3
This has been really interesting. I'm liking how you've combined the series for this story.

Looking forward to reading more of this. Good luck!
Sdarian chapter 4 . 5/2
How are you reconciling the whole Angel-I have a literal fallen angel in my head- and Angel-Space monster that everyone calls angels- issue. If they are angels at all, then Lash should have all the knowledge about them. I would expect to see Harry make mention of this.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/23/2014
Y U NO UPDATE! (Insert face)
ZecoreZecron chapter 18 . 10/15/2014
This is how you write a Dresden files crossover. I think this is maybe the second best that I've read.
RennarD chapter 17 . 7/2/2014
...and she very softly said: "Draaaagon...Slave!"
spicarus chapter 12 . 6/17/2014
There is a problem with some of the changes you've made. Well, a problem for Shinji at least.
Morgan's appearance during the fight with the fourth angel and the changes this chapter made to the episode where Shinji ran away actually take away two of the key experiences that led to Shinji becoming friends with Toji and Aida.

I also noted that Aurora was present, that would indicate that the Summer Knight story didn't happen. At least I think Aurora that was the story in which Aurora was killed by Dresden because she had basically gone insane.

I wonder how that change would affect some of the later interactions between the Courts of Summer and Winter and Harry. For example Small Favor.
spicarus chapter 10 . 6/17/2014
I good look inside the mind of Shinji.

Now, is Raith-sensei Thomas' younger sister? The one Thomas wanted to see avoid becoming a vampire of the white court?
spicarus chapter 9 . 6/17/2014
It should be pointed out that the angels were looking for Adam not Lilith. In fact Nerv thought they had Adam; although Nerv didn't get ahold of what they thought was Adam until Kaji arrived with Asuka. Since it was Kaji that was transporting the angel.
And it wasn't until the last angel, the one posing as an eva pilot, that the mistake was clarified.

Of course, that's just going off of the T.V. series.
spicarus chapter 6 . 6/16/2014
So, is Dresden taking Kaji's place?

As for Colonel being the most inherently badass rank...I'd have to disagree. I'd go with Gunnery Sergeant. While that's a non-com rank, it doesn't have people like Colonel Klink associated with it. And everyone knows it's the professional non-coms that make the military actually work.

If you consider that in the T.V. series Nerv was not highly regarded for at least the first half of the series and that the personnel directly under Misato's command constituted a platoon, then Misato's rank of Captain actually makes a lot of sense. Misato only wielded large scale authority on certain very specific occasions in the series.
spicarus chapter 5 . 6/16/2014
So the White Council is responsible for the Twilight series? What were they thinking?

And so Misato starts, or is that continues, her long bout with alcoholism.
Isamu chapter 18 . 6/15/2014
I really liked this one. I didn't know how you'd handle Dresden being among that level of high tech especially, and I think it worked out pretty well. Rei learning the tao of Peter Parker was also amusing.

There were a few rough spots, but nothing too bad. I don't know how much Dresden would go along with NERV at the level he knows. They're kinda dark. But, Dresden has done some iffy things in the past. I think someone outside the inner circle, Murph or Michael, pointing out what was going on in NERV and how kinda "ends justifying the means" it is would have gone a long way. Maybe that was something planned. As was, I'm guessing, Dresden's daughter being the American pilot?

All in all, fun story!
Jigoku no Yami chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
DAMN IT! THis was going well, and i was enjoy it so very much. Please, update.