Reviews for The Summers of Our Discontent
a chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
This is much better than most of the X-men/Buffy crossovers I've read, but a couple things bothered me.

When you describe Scott and Jean as "two figures huddled against the wall of an alleyway" it almost sounds like they are cowering in fear. Scott and Jean would not cower in fear. (Even if movie-verse Jean is a wimp compared to comic-verse Jean.) Scott and Jean are capable of doing a great deal of damage individually. Together they could easily handle a demon. At the very least they would be fighting it and not screaming and huddling against walls. They have -students- with stranger appearances and more dangerous powers than some of the demons from Buffy-verse. They would not be shocked into inaction by something green and scaley.

I also really don't believe Scott and Jean would react fearfully to seeing Spike's "game face". They are friends with Henry McCoy for crying out loud. And once again they have -students- who look stranger. Since this is movie-verse rather than comic-verse I can accept they don't already know about vampires and magic, but why would seeing Spike's "game face" change their minds? Piotr can change his skin into metal, Mystique can morph her entire body, and Kitty can run through walls, etc. etc. A vampire going into "game face" is hardly impressive from where they're standing. Now seeing one drink blood or coming across a bloodless corpse might shock them, but not seeing a face morph.

Scott and Jean don't lead normal lives. They would take most Sunnydale stuff in stride. The strangness of the demons/vamps would probably be easy for them to accept. On the other hand, it would probably be difficult for them to accept that demons are EVIL and need to be killed. They do devote their lives to promoting tolerence for those that are different. They might want to rehabilitate the monsters instead of kill them or even emphasize with them and think that they are just "misunderstood."

I do like, however, that you brought Hank into the story and give him a say in what happens to Dawn. It always drove me nuts the way the show handled the custody situation.
APhantasm chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
I haven't quite finished the first chapter yet. But Hank is a downright S.O.B. If I had been Buffy I would have kicked him out of the house and told him not to come back.
ji chapter 4 . 12/22/2008
aw
pulmicort7 chapter 4 . 2/15/2007
Wow. I really loved this story. Two of my fave fandoms in one awesome plot. Very sweet. Is there a sequel? The X-Men visiting Sunnydale or the Scoobies visiting Xavier's? Anyways, awesome story, very well written. You've got talent! Thanx for the great read!
zeo knight chapter 4 . 2/8/2007
this is actually good
buffyrules-115 chapter 4 . 11/3/2006
touching truliy tuching this is a very good story and i hope u do a sequl
Sophophobic chapter 4 . 7/26/2006
Wonderful. Not to long, but not to short. And now I must go to bed. I will read the sequel tomorrow. :)

-Sopho
Nightgazer333 chapter 4 . 8/29/2005
I like this! Who it's great! They're blended perfectly!
rmthiowb chapter 4 . 3/25/2005
*claps* that was really good! it's about TIME someone finishes a btvs-x-men crossover! i'm gonna check your profile for a sequel. if there's not one, there should be.
rmthiowb chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
that was one LONG chapter!
Naitch03 chapter 4 . 3/21/2005
Well, this si the first COMPLETE Buffy/X-Men crossover I've read, and I got to say it was excellent. My only real critique was that it should have been longer- maybe show Dawn at the Institute for a while before Glory showed up, show her developing a friendship with Rogue and Jubilee. But other than that, it was a great story. Hope to read more by you soon.
Silver Warrior chapter 4 . 1/20/2005
Sweet gig you got here. I love stories like this one. I am sad that Buffy killed Ben herself, but there ain’t much that can be said about it, is there?
mj chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
u stole the title from the story bout willow and buffy going to hogwarts, u stole it! i know u did dont deny it!
Acacia Jules chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
SO not getting this. Dawn was sent to Buffy in the form of a sister so Buffy would feel obligated to protect her. The Powers would have NEVER allowed for the Key to have been just sent off that way. Hell, Hank would have never gotten the idea in his head. Why do you think he never showed up again, suddenly became a dead-beat Dad, after having been such a loving one for so many years? Because the Key had to stay with Buffy. So Buffy could protect it. It had to be NEAR her so the job could be carried out properly. By sending the key across country, that would basically be handing the job off to someone else. Glory, would have focussed her attentions elsewhere.
gidgetgirl chapter 3 . 4/4/2004
Wow. I actually bought it. The whole thing: the fight, the action, the characterizations. All of it. Brava.