Reviews for The Birthday
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Good story. It seems here, Sam is remembering Frodo in celebration of his birthday. I thought that was nice.

Good work. Mind if I put your story in my community, 'A Hobbit's Comeback', on this site?

Aria Breuer
Emily chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I enjoyed it quite a lot, never fear, though I can see how it might be difficult to write.

Thank you a million times for definitely stating that this is not slash. The worst part about LotR fanfic is the mentions of Frodo/Sam slash.

I like the way Sam celebrates Frodo's birthday in the end. What a great idea. : )
G chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
-This is a Deeply Beautiful Story!
-you did a meaningful job of describing how the Shire was just not the same without Frodo-and in turn emphasizing how one person can make such a big difference in the lives of the people around them
-Your caring, wise, and understanding Rosie characterization shows how she was the perfect wife for Sam
-the "letter" idea was a lovely way for Sam to pay tribute to Frodo's birthday
wyn chapter 1 . 2/7/2003
Wow. Awesome.
wyn chapter 1 . 2/7/2003
Wow. Awesome.
Elbereth chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
For this being what you say is 'the most difficult' piece you've ever written, I thought it was simply beautiful. Very poignant and sad, but a bit of hope for Sam as he begins to live his life as one and whole, as Frodo had wanted, until they meet again. Thank you for writing.
A Elbereth chapter 1 . 12/16/2002
I'm sorry, but I have to review this again. I read it over today, because I am on a fic-reading spree, and I've liked this one the most that I've read today... out of about 30 fics... It's too sad to describe in words, and too good to be able to only read it once. I was speechless in my last review, and didn't give you my proper compliments. You are so gifted, and you impress me with the huge impact you set in these non-AU stories! Its hard to make a story so awesome when it isn't at least slightly un-true to the books... but... no, these are very true to them, and so tremendously out of this word beautiful! *lots of positive words there-whew* I'm in admiration.
Mistress-Samwise chapter 1 . 10/27/2002
*talking to a group of authors, nodding and occasionally pointing to story* See, fellas? *This* is how you should write fan fiction! And it only goes to prove that you *can* have fun without slash! *group of authors nod in agreement, scribble furiously on notepads*

I don't have enough time to tell you how fricken good this story is. I would go on for ages. I just wish I hadn't run out of space on my favorites list. Bah! Overflow list for me.
A Elbereth chapter 1 . 10/26/2002
I don't know what to say. My makeup is all dripping down my face. My heart felt emtpy like Sam and Frodo's did when they were separated for so long. I'm speechless.
katakanadian chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
Very nice. I like stories that believably expand on the books without going out of character. It appears you see Rose as being sort of a female Sam. Me too :)
HeidiCat chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
Oh, s**t, that was intense! ::sniff:: Damn you, you just made me cry!
lindsey chapter 1 . 5/15/2002
This is so good! I was thinking of writing a fanfiction...I'll never be able to equal this!

I luv it!
Pervy Hobbit Fancier not signed in chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Wow...this is beautiful. It's so sweet, but kind of sad at the same time. It almost made me want to cry for poor Samwise. "...know that your Sam's always done what you asked him to." Aaaawww!
acorngirl chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
I have read and reviewed some of your work on "Nindaiwe" and I think you are a gifted writer. I am glad to have found you here.:) This was a wonderful story that nearly brought me to tears. You write Sam and Rose so well. I am also extremely happy to find a story that depicts Sam's love for Frodo without it having to be slash. You have portrayed it with the purity it deserves, a rare find in this place.
Ron's Girl chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Another beautiful story by one of my favorite fanfic authors. Your stories are just wonderful - I especially love the way you write Rose... far too many fanfics portray her as resentful or jealous of Frodo :o. You portray her as I would wish her to be - understanding and caring. And the way you write Frodo and Sam's relationship is just perfect.. their affection and love for each other is my favorite part of LOTR.. and there is nothing slash about showing love to your best friend.

The ache and longing in Sam's memories of Frodo bring me to tears (actually I've been in tears over all of your stories). This is beautifully written.. you may not be entirely happy with it, but I for one love it. Sad, heartfelt, and just beautiful.

I look forward to more. :)