Reviews for A World History of Magic
I don't know if you're updating anymore cough*butyoushould*cough, but there is an interesting story behind the founding of Lithuania's capital, Vilnius. Grand Duke Gidiminas was hunting in a sacred forest. When he slept in the forest that night, he dreamed of an Iron Wolf (Geležinis Vilkas in Lithuanian) standing on the top of a hill, howling with the power of 100 wolves. The Duke had his dream interpreted by a pagan priest, who said that the Wolf represented a great castle and city that would be the capital of Lithuania and home to its monarchs. I hope that this helps and don't give up!
YJV chapter 5 . 5/3
I love this! Why have you not updated? When are their secrets going to be revealed?
ArtofthePlate chapter 5 . 3/22
I really like how you sorted the characters, and I must say, thank you for not exssagerating Korea's, um, quirk. Lots of fanfic writers make that his entire character, but you're handling it well. Please update?
briana.schmidt1 chapter 2 . 2/8
Salem witch trials, also Jeanne d'arc and any major leader of nations in the past could have been magical, like napoleon Bonaparte was a goblin or a freed house elf from England, who used his magic to disguise himself. And in America, slaves were actually treated better than house elfs were, even if the slaves had no magical abilities whatsoever. PM me if you like my ideas, or if you need help with other topics for the countries to teach.
Maplehockey chapter 5 . 1/9
Hi! I just finished reading your story.
I'm from Korea, and seeing the impersonation of my country made me feel all happy inside x)
Korean mythology and magic focuses a lot on stuff like faeries, royalty (like, a sun princess, for example.) and animals.
One of my favorite korean legends is the one about the creation of the stars, moon and sun.
It starts off with three girls, whose mother goes away on a trip and leaves them behind. A tiger comes and kills the mother, taking her clothes and trying to trick the girls into letting him in so he can eat them.
"Oh, mother,what red eyes you have!" The girls remark, and the tiger makes up an excuse about getting pepper in his eyes, making them red.
"Oh, mother, what yellow hands you have!" The tiger tells them that he as working with yellow clay, so his hands are stained a yellowish color.
"Oh, mother, what a hoarse voice you have!" He lies that he had been invited to a festival while he was out, and he sang so much that his voice became hoarse and deep.
The girls, thoroughly convinced, let him in. Tey saw too late that he was indeed a tiger.
While the tiger was starting a Fire in the oven, they ran from the house and climbed up a pine tree. The tiger tried to follow them, but couldn't climb.
The elder sister told him that if he put sesame oil onto the bark, it would be easier to climb. Instead, it just made him slip down. The second sister said that if he took an axe and put notches into the tree, it would help him climb.
It worked, and he neared the girls quickly. They prayed that a golden bucket would be sent down from the heavens, and it did. They began to make their way to the sky.
The tiger prayed as well, and another bucket was sent down, but this time the rope was rotten. He was soon right behind the girls, when the rope snapped and he fell back down to earth and died.
The girls arrived in the heavens and took up the position as the sun (eldest), the moon (middle), and the stars (youngest).
There are many other folk stories in Korea,but this one is my favorite J
Your fanfiction is great so far! Keep up the good work!
CloudCarnivore chapter 5 . 12/24/2014
Please continue this soon! Its been years! :D
Natekleh chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
Merry Christmas. Finland is bring presents so yay and bit to early to say this but whatever
Amelia Jones 123 chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
You should really make America talk about voodoo, the Salem Witch Trials, or some Native American magic and creatures
Natekleh chapter 5 . 12/3/2014
I know this is like the year 2014 and you like never had updates since but how about like France do charms class or hehe swisserland and liestiean or however his sister name is spelled (sorry) do hehe Defence Against the Dark Arts hehe
TheWeirdGirl chapter 5 . 12/2/2014
What an awesome story. Continue please?
FlamingJazkinz chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
Lovely story! I truly enjoyed reading this one! The pacing is great and plot is good, really hope you update soon!
neverchange5986 chapter 5 . 11/2/2014
Please, update this wonderful crossover.
The State of GA chapter 5 . 10/12/2014
Hello! This story is amazing, with proper grammar, funny and intriguing jokes, a nice story line, and its just wonderfully put together. I was thinking for maybe America, my stupid brother, could teach something about Voodoo. Its common magic in Louisiana so I thought- why not? Anyways, please continue and use my idea? I really enjoy reading this!
DrowningWolf chapter 5 . 7/21/2014
This is good
A very enjoyable read

If you ever want, i can give you some info on Polish legends. And by 'some' i mean the origin of the name 'Warsaw' and 'lublin' the founding of warsaw this one legend abput this fish and other stuff, so just ask any time if you want.
SlytherinSnake6886 chapter 5 . 7/1/2014
Oh, you simply MUST write more! I can't get enough of this story! If you don't mind me asking, because it may be a bit rude (and I don't intend to be be rude, I just get curious), when do you plan on updating this story? It's been almost two years, and I was wondering if you've given up. But, I did read the author's notes, and noticed it took you almost a year to upload this chapter. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you!
Имейте замечательный день!