Reviews for A World History of Magic
Neko the Queen of Donuts chapter 5 . 6/26
You wanted suggestions for the nations' lessons? For America and Canada I'd probably go with the Salem trials and their magical community being formed. Germany and Prussia would most likely pick something about the Dark Arts- I can just see them doing that, and presuming there were magical battles in the WWs, the Germans/Nazis would have probably used a lot of curses. England, well, they all know the ancient history of his country and so England would probably (being the tsundere he is) try to show off to the other nations with some particularly illustrious times in his history. France, of course, could talk about Beauxbatons and the link for his country between magic and the culinary arts (meanwhile insulting England's cooking, this would be a great opportunity for a fight). Russia, I have no idea but probably along the lines of magical wars and (particularly) the Cold War and everyone can see the crazy side of a certain Russian in a scarf. I'd bet Austria would be able to factor music in somewhere along his lessons, and his -unfortunate- marriage to Hungary. Hungary, on the other side of the coin, would probably talk about her magical culture and stuff. What else? Spain would probably rave about Quidditch and the Baltics... I don't know about them. The Asian countries Korea, China and Japan would find a way to talk about a lot of history and trading, most likely, and Greece would just mumble incoherent things about magical creatures while sleeping with a cat on his head (for extra effect the cat should totally turn into something as he's mumbling about it). The rest I have no idea. I hope this helped, and that your writer's block is overcomed, and that you can update soon! Good luck!
scelecat chapter 5 . 3/13
Please update, I love this story and the charecters are really spot on
RandomBushGirl chapter 5 . 2/23
awww man
this story is SO GOOD!
please tell me you haven't abandoned it!
RandomBushGirl chapter 2 . 2/23
They may be slow but they're so awesome!
RandomBushGirl chapter 1 . 2/22
Yes! YES!
THIS IS AMAZING!
I love it!
anotherwebnerd chapter 5 . 11/3/2016
THIS FANFIC SO FAR IS REALLY GOOD!(I got a good laugh from chapter 4) But I'm wondering when will you write again? You are such a great writer, I hope the fandom will all be hearing from you soon!
Camikazi chapter 5 . 9/5/2016
Great story I had fun reading it! I really hope you update, or could at least just share the history classes of the other nations. Like not even in story form just what their classes would go like. Again amazing five chapters I loved the Italian twins and including Alfred's fear of ghosts was great. Fitting so many characters into just five chapters in an incredible feat, especially when not all of them are attending the school. And I love how you even included Germany and Canada and the baltics even without having to write so much. I felt it just enough not over used and not underused. 13/10
animevampire123 chapter 5 . 7/5/2016
This is a really good story. I hope you update soon!
TouchDouche chapter 5 . 7/2/2016
When I saw Herr, I couldn't help but think of Herr Schtick, and now I can't breathe because people ship Germany with a fucking stick. I SAW A SUGGESTION FOR A GERMANY X HERR SCHTICK LEMON FF
Guest chapter 2 . 5/8/2016
I really love your story! I like that you included Yong Soo, but please don't insult korea too much.
the Oracle of Akemi chapter 5 . 1/26/2016
This is a fantastic story! I can't wait for the next update.
Winged Serpent of Light - BOTM chapter 5 . 10/20/2015
Dragons would be an interesting discussion, as it would include multiple different nations...
But then again... that could get chaotic...
But who cares!
WriterGreenReads chapter 3 . 9/22/2015
Oh, I get it. I was a little confused when you didn't make them teenagers, but now it makes sense! And this is really, really well written by the way.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/19/2015
I don't know if you're updating anymore cough*butyoushould*cough, but there is an interesting story behind the founding of Lithuania's capital, Vilnius. Grand Duke Gidiminas was hunting in a sacred forest. When he slept in the forest that night, he dreamed of an Iron Wolf (GeleĹžinis Vilkas in Lithuanian) standing on the top of a hill, howling with the power of 100 wolves. The Duke had his dream interpreted by a pagan priest, who said that the Wolf represented a great castle and city that would be the capital of Lithuania and home to its monarchs. I hope that this helps and don't give up!
YJV chapter 5 . 5/3/2015
I love this! Why have you not updated? When are their secrets going to be revealed?