Reviews for A World History of Magic
Camikazi chapter 5 . 9/5
Great story I had fun reading it! I really hope you update, or could at least just share the history classes of the other nations. Like not even in story form just what their classes would go like. Again amazing five chapters I loved the Italian twins and including Alfred's fear of ghosts was great. Fitting so many characters into just five chapters in an incredible feat, especially when not all of them are attending the school. And I love how you even included Germany and Canada and the baltics even without having to write so much. I felt it just enough not over used and not underused. 13/10
animevampire123 chapter 5 . 7/5
This is a really good story. I hope you update soon!
TouchDouche chapter 5 . 7/2
When I saw Herr, I couldn't help but think of Herr Schtick, and now I can't breathe because people ship Germany with a fucking stick. I SAW A SUGGESTION FOR A GERMANY X HERR SCHTICK LEMON FF
I really love your story! I like that you included Yong Soo, but please don't insult korea too much.
the Oracle of Akemi chapter 5 . 1/26
This is a fantastic story! I can't wait for the next update.
Winged Serpent of Light chapter 5 . 10/20/2015
Dragons would be an interesting discussion, as it would include multiple different nations...
But then again... that could get chaotic...
But who cares!
WriterGreenReads chapter 3 . 9/22/2015
Oh, I get it. I was a little confused when you didn't make them teenagers, but now it makes sense! And this is really, really well written by the way.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/19/2015
I don't know if you're updating anymore cough*butyoushould*cough, but there is an interesting story behind the founding of Lithuania's capital, Vilnius. Grand Duke Gidiminas was hunting in a sacred forest. When he slept in the forest that night, he dreamed of an Iron Wolf (GeleĹžinis Vilkas in Lithuanian) standing on the top of a hill, howling with the power of 100 wolves. The Duke had his dream interpreted by a pagan priest, who said that the Wolf represented a great castle and city that would be the capital of Lithuania and home to its monarchs. I hope that this helps and don't give up!
YJV chapter 5 . 5/3/2015
I love this! Why have you not updated? When are their secrets going to be revealed?
ArtofthePlate chapter 5 . 3/22/2015
I really like how you sorted the characters, and I must say, thank you for not exssagerating Korea's, um, quirk. Lots of fanfic writers make that his entire character, but you're handling it well. Please update?
briana.schmidt1 chapter 2 . 2/8/2015
Salem witch trials, also Jeanne d'arc and any major leader of nations in the past could have been magical, like napoleon Bonaparte was a goblin or a freed house elf from England, who used his magic to disguise himself. And in America, slaves were actually treated better than house elfs were, even if the slaves had no magical abilities whatsoever. PM me if you like my ideas, or if you need help with other topics for the countries to teach.
Maplehockey chapter 5 . 1/9/2015
Hi! I just finished reading your story.
I'm from Korea, and seeing the impersonation of my country made me feel all happy inside x)
Korean mythology and magic focuses a lot on stuff like faeries, royalty (like, a sun princess, for example.) and animals.
One of my favorite korean legends is the one about the creation of the stars, moon and sun.
It starts off with three girls, whose mother goes away on a trip and leaves them behind. A tiger comes and kills the mother, taking her clothes and trying to trick the girls into letting him in so he can eat them.
"Oh, mother,what red eyes you have!" The girls remark, and the tiger makes up an excuse about getting pepper in his eyes, making them red.
"Oh, mother, what yellow hands you have!" The tiger tells them that he as working with yellow clay, so his hands are stained a yellowish color.
"Oh, mother, what a hoarse voice you have!" He lies that he had been invited to a festival while he was out, and he sang so much that his voice became hoarse and deep.
The girls, thoroughly convinced, let him in. Tey saw too late that he was indeed a tiger.
While the tiger was starting a Fire in the oven, they ran from the house and climbed up a pine tree. The tiger tried to follow them, but couldn't climb.
The elder sister told him that if he put sesame oil onto the bark, it would be easier to climb. Instead, it just made him slip down. The second sister said that if he took an axe and put notches into the tree, it would help him climb.
It worked, and he neared the girls quickly. They prayed that a golden bucket would be sent down from the heavens, and it did. They began to make their way to the sky.
The tiger prayed as well, and another bucket was sent down, but this time the rope was rotten. He was soon right behind the girls, when the rope snapped and he fell back down to earth and died.
The girls arrived in the heavens and took up the position as the sun (eldest), the moon (middle), and the stars (youngest).
There are many other folk stories in Korea,but this one is my favorite J
Your fanfiction is great so far! Keep up the good work!
CloudCarnivore chapter 5 . 12/24/2014
Please continue this soon! Its been years! :D
Natekleh chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
Merry Christmas. Finland is bring presents so yay and bit to early to say this but whatever
Amelia Jones 123 chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
You should really make America talk about voodoo, the Salem Witch Trials, or some Native American magic and creatures