Reviews for Paper Flowers, Purple Grass
tricorvus chapter 1 . 2/25
oh my god that made me cry. I haven't read those books in dog's years but that brought it back.
You have a gift, with your writing. Nourish it. Expand it.
Rock on
FireStarDragon chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Wow... this gave me chills and nearly brought me to tears! I loved it! It was sad and sweet and just amazing all around. You did a truly fantastic job on this story. Thanks so, so, SO much for writing this!

JaneScarlett chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
This was beautifully done. In character AND well written... plus how you linked in items like the jewelry, the manuscript, the memories from childhood...
just absolutely loved this.
autumncs98 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Beautiful. This brought me to tears and I loce how you brought in all the small details. It made it seem so much more real.
GrayRainbows chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Oh, this gave me chills, it is so bittersweet. I really love how you've incorporated all the small but important details from the various books-the jewelry, the memory of Cathy's childhood room in pink, the twins and their breakfast time antics, etc.

You remembered to include something about Cathy's manuscript! It seemed that her writing was mostly forgotten, during Seeds, so I like this reference to it, and the thought that she still cared to have her story told.

Most startling and moving-to me, anyway-is Cathy's acknowledgment that she forgives Corinne, finally! That was quite powerful!

Nice overlap of her last living moment, and her spirit receding, when Trevor finds her. This is all so very well done! It's going on my favorites list.

Thank you for posting it.