Reviews for Hurtled into Chaos
A Markov chapter 30 . 5/26/2015
I enjoyed this very much. Your take on Hawke's character is interesting and engaging as is your attention to her companions. I particularly liked the way you wove in the humourous aspects of the narrative and I think you struck a good balance between drama and humour. You kept me interested and engaged for ~200K words and I thank you for it. Off to the next one.

-Alex
jmorris1501 chapter 30 . 11/22/2014
This is quite honestly one of the best stories I have ever read, and I really look forward to reading the sequel. All of the characters had just the right amount of darkness to them, and rather than just bulldozing through all the fights, each was an epic of it's own. Thank you for a great story, keep well, and keep writing.
SatoshiKyu chapter 27 . 3/13/2014
Oh god Bethany going into the deep roads never ends well. Took her with me on my first playthrough cause a friend told me she ended up joining the circle (or something to that effect) if you don't. Strongly considered stabbing him in his sleep when she died of the blight... As I wasn't playing a mage and I'm very much not at all fond of Anders, Bethany was really my only option for a dedicated healer, so her loss was particularly painful.
SatoshiKyu chapter 7 . 3/13/2014
Fairly annoying how they all just kind of forget how Bethany and Varric totally disregarded perfectly sensible orders and are thus directly responsible for the injuries they were so mad at Hawke for concealing... I mean yeah she yelled at them but even that was never really remarked upon.
Sybylla18 chapter 14 . 9/8/2013
I've read the entire story and enjoyed it a lot. I recognize that this was originally posted a while ago, but I wanted to request that you consider editing your content warning: what you wrote isn't dubious consent, but rape. She doesn't want it to happen and can't refuse without consequence, which means she can't consent, no matter if he uses physical force against her or not: she's still "performing" under duress. I only bring it up because while I can handle dub-con - so I didn't think I needed to skip the section in question - the scene was a lot more than I was prepared for, and I would have skipped ahead if I had known. Thanks for possibly considering it, and I'm looking forward to getting started on part 2.
Peres chapter 30 . 6/8/2013
So, Grey Warden Bethany it is, and unless she plays a far more prominent role here than she does in-game - which I wouldn't put past you and Misery - we won't be seeing much more of her. A pity - I don't have a great deal of time for either of the Hawke siblings usually, but I liked her here.

I loved Misery's growth - perceptible, but subtle. You're not in a hurry, and that's good, because anything rushed would feel fake.

Onto the next book!
Peres chapter 28 . 6/8/2013
Maybe I'm just a helpless Fenris fanatic (okay, ther'e not really any maybe about it) but I really like what's building between him and Bethany. I'm not sure whether it's headed towards romance, and I'm not sure whether I'm hoping it is or put off by it - but the beginnings of trust and the understanding... it's very well done.

Also Varric and Misery are building well. I hate romances that just suddenly explode into being - it's lazy and actually not all that romantic. Trolling Bartrand is classic.

I'm very curious to see whether this ends up Grey Warden Bethany, or if you've got something else in mind - you clearly enjoy taking a third option. I was also playing with the idea of Grey Warden Misery... but, come to think of it, after that crap they pulled on Malcolm, I can imagine the organisation has a high spot on her shit list currently. Hm, hm, hmmm.
Peres chapter 26 . 6/8/2013
Misery smirked. "I told my friend here we should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque, but do you think he listens? Oh no, he's all 'I'm the dwarf here, my people built the Deep Roads, blah blah'. Well as you can see, we're clearly lost and probably already missed last call at the tavern."

I can see that excuse getting a lot of work.

I really liked the changes to the Corypheus fight. It's a lot of fun as a boss fight, but you're right, it makes no real narrative sense. I blame hitpoints.
Peres chapter 20 . 6/8/2013
Oh man, Lucien. Loved it. No Shadowmere, though?
Nice to see Leandra and Misery's dynamics. I dislike the way she gets sidelined so often, or Flanderised into "Must marry Hawke off" - you've retained a bit of that, but you're balancing it well.
Peres chapter 19 . 6/8/2013
That damn Skyrim joke!

Nice parallel for Misery with the duPuis/Montfort thing. I am also intrigued to see how Isabela makes out at the party...

Also meant to say, I love how Varric and Misery are developing.
Peres chapter 13 . 6/8/2013
Talk about the quick route to drinking yourself to death... I laughed so hard, though.
Also, the Gather Your Party sign is priceless.
Peres chapter 11 . 6/8/2013
So here I am (blame Seika's badass art for finally pushing me into something I'd been meaning to do). I was going to wait until the end to review, but I just had to say something about how much I loved Linu! All your fourth-wall references are golden (I noticed the geth/Shade thing myself!) but Linu and Grimgnaw were priceless. I'd pay to see Grimgnaw at the Tethras family reunion.

I love the way you poke fun at all the plot holes and inconsistencies, and your command of the various voices is fantastic. I liked Misery's reactions to Isabela and Fenris particularly.
DangoDaikazaku chapter 18 . 3/29/2013
Pfft that's hilarious. LOL
Pint-sized She-Bear chapter 30 . 1/7/2013
Ok, I waited until the end to give a review because it was already completed by the time I was able to read it. This was much better than I expected and although Misery took a bit to warm up to, it was well worth the lost sleep reading :D. Thank you so much for writing this. On to the Part 2.
hinatalover445 chapter 10 . 11/22/2012
Wow. If the Dalish acted that way in the game, I would have slaughtered them all during Merrill's Quest. Great story though.