Reviews for Fathers, Lock Up Your Daughters
maphie chapter 3 . 7/19
Sad.
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 3 . 4/7/2014
Sad but not the horrible flaming car crash I was envisioning.
youngandmature chapter 3 . 10/12/2013
Aww :( Do you envision Edward ever coming back?
robissosexy106 chapter 3 . 2/6/2013
You should really continue this story it is really good! :)
kmfroggi chapter 3 . 10/24/2012
aw man, thats really the end?! dang! i wish edward take that big block and come back to town and show them he's good enough for bella!oh well! hehe. great lil story anyway! thanks for sharing
red-in-wonderland chapter 3 . 7/25/2012
No matter how many times I read this story (this is my eighth or ninth time) I always cry at the end. Always. I like the ending, but I also keep imaging a few years later, Edward comes back to sell the house, and Bella is still in Forks. Sometimes when I imagine it, Edward has a girlfriend, and sometimes he doesn't.
After reading this so many times, I always like the ending but I always want them to have their HEA.
Anyway, great story. The ending makes me undecided. But I love this story.
Wonderwallthefirst chapter 3 . 7/24/2012
No! Please post another chapter ;)
BELAVERA chapter 3 . 4/12/2012
If it wasn't Forks, Charlie Swan would be unemployed! He did so many things that the courts frown upon (while trying every thing short of murder to get rid of Edward). He forgets that he raised his daughter to be a fine, obedient daughter. He goes overboard (sound like that at first he is just jealous of the new car). He starts not trusting his daughter. He completely forgets that "you get more flies with honey, not vinegar." The more he shows Bella that he is boss, hurting her physically, hurting Edward, trying to overwhelm both of them, the worse things get. You were right, he was just an angry old man because Edward wouldn't play by the "good ole boys" rules! I have no sympathy for Charlie.

I also have no sympathy for Rose. First, she had no right to treat Edward that way. She was trying to bring him down. She took out her own low self esteam on Edward. She acted like a fool! Second, I would never let her baby sit MY CHILDREN! SMOKING around my child would be beyond unaceptable! She has obviously turned into the trash she was. It sounds like she is single. Bella was right, in the end-she should have left with Edward. She seemed to be bringing out his good self. In the end, Charlie knows he did Bella wrong. In spite of what he said, Bella wasn't allowed to grow up in his eyes. He never taught her to be independent. He commited just about the worse emotional sin he could on his child. Yes, he took care of her, loved her, but he's an old man. What will she do when he dies?
ordinary vamp chapter 3 . 4/3/2012
I've read this three times since I first found it. The ending hurts every time. I feel so badly for Bella and Edward - they'll never have their happy ending :(

This story is so well written and captivating! I loved the writing. Well done.
allthingsHHH chapter 3 . 3/18/2012
Awww... that's a little sad.
scarletoctopus chapter 3 . 3/6/2012
I loved this story so much! Edward reminded me of James Dean/Marlon Brando, getting into mischief with his wandering hands, and Bella as Daddy's Little Girl but still gutsy and determined not to fall under Edward's charms.

I also enjoyed how you used Charlie in the story as the overly protective and stifling father and Sheriff. He isn't a bad guy but his actions lead to his daughter's heartbreak, something that no parent wants.

I'm mixed on the ending. I like the way you've gone with it, heartbreaking and incredibly sad. It makes Edward and Bella seem more real, they are human and make mistakes. Bella's love for her father is admirable even though you're urging her to leave with Edward! I wanted more from the ending but I'm okay with it.

Again such a lovely story with great characters!
Capricorn75 chapter 3 . 2/26/2012
That was heartbreaking. But very well-done.
reesessweetie chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
gah, after going back to this chapter, i realized that you gave us a warning ahead of time, that it won't be an HEA. i completely missed seeing that. sorry, i'm really bad at reading a/n's.
reesessweetie chapter 2 . 2/20/2012
when i first read this, i thought it was meant to be under 'humor'. i definitely didn't expect this ending... i just felt so sad for edward. he's lost his parents, dropped out of school, and now, he's looking for love. i wanted bella to be the one to help him but she wasn't.. i wonder what will become of him...
reesessweetie chapter 3 . 2/20/2012
this story is zoo depressing! i kept expecting edward to prove charlie wrong, to show him that he's a good person inside and will treat his daughter with respect. but he never got the chance... it's so sad...
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »