Reviews for Loving the Impossible
SapphireShelle91 chapter 23 . 7/5/2012
Well done. This was a really good fic. It dragged a little at times and I did wonder how you were going to wrap everything up because you really did have so much going on, but you managed to do so nicely.
Keep up the great work!
SapphireShelle91 chapter 18 . 7/4/2012
I don't find John OOC for finding out and protesting against Rose and the baby being used as human shields. I'd be worried if he didn't through a hissy fit. Though I do find the fact of how little Rose and he think about the baby is a bit OOC.
I mean, Rose didn't think about her child during this chapter, even though the baby is going to be used as a human shield along with her. And I understand the whole one life in exhange for saving thousands, but still as a mother, I would not be ok with my child's life being sacrificed along with me. I would not be ok with that at all and I doubt Rose would be as well.
But otherwise this is a great fic so far, can't wait how to see how it ends.
jcogginsa chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
very interesting start
timano chapter 23 . 6/3/2012
An enjoyable story. Dragged just a little bit at times, but enough excitement to keep my interest nonetheless. 10 out of 10 stars!
timano chapter 14 . 6/3/2012
I've just come across your story, and ordinarily I wouldn't review it until I get to the last chapter, if it's finished-but I had to stop and tell you how much I laughed out loud at the denoument in this chapter! (The part about Rose having to watch her subconscious lest it give too much away...) ;-)

p

More importantly, I think the idea of using the dream as a way to release Rose is inspired. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this story (which I'll do right now, and review again at the end).
Roses Near Rivers chapter 21 . 4/28/2012
Omg the "rock bands" where hilarious. At least I thought so, but I love corny jokes.
eisamiller88 chapter 23 . 1/8/2012
"Adieu" is German. ;) LOVED this story. You got the characterizations just perfect. It did get a bit confusing at certain points, but I think the conclusion tied things up very nicely. :)
Virginia I chapter 23 . 12/12/2011
Well it was an interesting read...

but the story is sooo convoluted! Dear lord!

enjoyed it none the less.

chip chip
BundleofContradictions chapter 22 . 11/27/2011
I love pie! And review replies!

The rock theme is cute. Mentioning it in story is kind of meta, it breaks the fourth wall and feels out of place. But I'll forgive that because *Rory* figured it out, and it's fun to watch him giggle over things everyone else is oblivious to!

The nursery in the TARDIS made me think that the TARDIS has a Room of Requirements, like Hogwarts. Knowing that the Tenth Doctor was a Harry Potter fan, he could have designed one! Love the view of the Doctor's study, complete with a backwards-ticking grandfather clocks and remnants of his past incarnations. Did you have to do research to include that, or are you watching Classic Who?

The yellow triangular gadget is neat, too. I like how everyone has a role in the story. Yes, Rose is doing more of the heavy lifting, but Amy has stuff to do as well.

Questions:

1. Do individual Mican names have to do with rocks, or did you come up with them randomly?

2. Will the previously unknown ability of part-cyborg Micans to speak be essential to the plot (or come up again)? The characters who heard them speak seemed genuinely surprised.

The site's giving me a hard time logging in, but I'm the same BundleofContradictions who reviewed before.

Good luck on the concluding chapters!
BundleofContradictions chapter 17 . 11/23/2011
The Micans are interesting adversaries. They have a strict militaristic idealism, but they suffered a great tragedy that would make anyone nervous, which makes them relatable. I'm having trouble picturing them in my mind, though. For some reason, I keep thinking of the Ood.

I like Kyrm, but I know I'm *supposed* to like him, so I'm not sure that counts.

I'd like to mention that I think the way you show characterization through dialogue works pretty well. Jack is naturally suspicious, the Doctor is always trying to be diplomatic, Rory makes intelligent observations, John is nervous because his family is at stake...it comes through in their dialogue and small actions.
BundleofContradictions chapter 14 . 11/21/2011
Okay, when all the principle characters start dying off in the middle of the story, it's going to be retconned [TM-Torchwood Pharmaceuticals]. That's a given. The twist was pretty good, though. Got to compliment you on your knowledge of Greek myths and Rory's fascination with them.

So, does everything Rose told the group in the warehouse still stand? Pregnancy, replacement, kidnapping mother & childit's all a bit familiar somehow, but I'll still give your version a chance! :P

Also, please don't do that again. It was too depressing! Thanks!
BundleofContradictions chapter 12 . 11/21/2011
I feel guilty, 'cuz I've read 12 out of 22 chapters without reviewing yet, and you love reviews! Write it at the end of each chapter. I love review replies, so I kinda know what that feels like. ;D Also, for a pretty well written, thought out, intricate multichapter story filled with fun characters who get to meet one another when they've yet to meet each other in canon (though they should), this story has a strange lack of reviews, and it deserves more. So here goes:

Points, Critiques and Observations:

-I found this story (IIRC) via the TV Tropes Doctor Who Fanfiction rec page, which is a pretty big honor.

- I'm pretty new to Whoniverse fandom, but one of my favorite things about it is the random, quirky, all-over-the-place dialog between characters, and you've captured that well. Characters merely describing how they met and their most recent adventures sound off the wall when they're trying to make those subjects into casual conversation. That's a good thing; it's fun! And I loooved the Dump-Heap-People-Who-Worshiped-Amy story, complete with poor Rory being prepared as a sacrifice! LOL

-I'm glad you didn't stretch out the part where the Doctors were trying to keep their identities secret from their wife/companions, respectively. I'm also glad that Rose, Amy and Rory pretty much figured it out on their own, because they're clever and that shows respect towards their respective characters.

-sometimes I want to grab Rory by the shoulders, shake him and scream "Nurses are cool!" Because, y'know, they are. Anyone who's ever been hospitalized can tell you the priceless value of a good nurse, male or female. Doctors (The good title character (and Martha Jones) notwithstanding) are overrated. *sigh* it's just hard to get over societal expectations of not only gendered jobs but inferior vs. superior ones...

-I loved how the random things John found in the library's couch turned out to be important. Even the banana! ;D

-Rose being behind this mix up could be a great twist, but I have to admit that I'd be dissapointed if her experiences basically mirror what happened to Rory, Amy and Melody in "A Good Man Goes to War." Especially if Amy and Rory aren't steaming mad about something similar to the trauma they went through being inflicted on another couple. This hits very close to home for them and they should start showing signs of anger and determination to set things right asap. I had to suspend my disbelief whilst watching Series 6 that they weren't more upset over their circumstances.

-Some thoughts about clones: IMHO, clones are two individuals who share the same DNA. Identical twins are natural clones, so clones are basically siblings. Now in science fiction, sometimes "clones" are created by mixing up DNA or even adding another person's DNA (Superboy, for example, is usually written as a hybrid Superman and Human clone). Ten's clone, AKA Handy, AKA John (I think I like the last name best), was formed with Donna Noble's DNA mixed in with Ten's, which would make him more like Doctor and Donna's *son*. Except I'm not exactly sure if it was a 50/50 mix, or more Doctor and less Donna, plus he has all the Doctor's memories of ten lifetimes, despite being about two years old, chronology wise (hey, Jenny accomplished a lot at only a few *minutes* old!). He is definitely a separate individual from Ten, though. I'm not exactly sure how to classify him: more sibling, more son, something in between, or something completely different? I'd love to know what you think of this! :)

-I love River, and I love Jack, but they need to be interacting more. Preferably with one another. They're the two biggest flirts in the Who-verse!

Was that a good review? Good luck with the rest of the story, and thanks for writing it!
That lil' ol' Blue Girl chapter 22 . 9/12/2011
Eeee update. I'm still pretty confused about what's going on, but I'm looking forward to seeing how you're going to wrap this up. Again this is a wonderful multi-doctor story and I've enjoyed watching it unfold.
That lil' ol' Blue Girl chapter 21 . 8/27/2011
Ahh cliffhanger. D: But I can't wait to see how this is all going to wrap up.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 21 . 8/27/2011
Complex. Interesting. Well done.