Reviews for The Sparrowkeet Series
bluchromed2002 chapter 2 . 2/18/2019
loving the entire story as I read it.. I must say this gives me a completely different understanding of azula
moviefan-92 chapter 21 . 2/18/2019
I like how both Zuko and Katara immediately dismissed the healers the moment they insulted their spouse, however indirectly.

Wow, Suki and Mai. Didn't see that one coming. Poor Sokka.

Ha, Toph doesn't know who the father is. It's wrong, but also feels accurate.

Geez, getting The Talk at such a young age. Yikes.

I already mentioned how Aang opening up his chakras shouldn't have changed him personality-wise, just made him able to accept that he needs to let go of the things he loves and be able to for the greater good.

I actually think it was the right decision making Kazumi a non-bender.

You go, Katara, accepting that Agni Kai.

This was a very well written story, especially the first chapter (that one was my favorite). The broken timeline made it a little difficult to follow, but it was still very well done.
moviefan-92 chapter 20 . 2/18/2019
I don't think Aang opening his chakras would cut him off emotionally. It was meant for him to be able to understand that he can and will lose the things he loves and to accept that and make those sacrifices when necessary, be it a person or an object. Once he accepted that, he could achieve a form of enlightenment and tap into the Avatar state at will, but he wasn't willing to do that in the show, which is why they needed to do the rock thing to forcibly open his chakra.
moviefan-92 chapter 15 . 2/18/2019
What they did in the series was another stupid decision. They basically deus ex machina-ed Aang into unlocking the Avatar state y hitting his back on that rock just so they could do the "hero gets girl" trope. That's a big mistake from a writer's perspective. They totally missed a grand opportunity for some major character development on Aang's part. Even if they did still want to make Kataang happen in some way, it was a stupid decision and a missed opportunity, not to mention a total cop-out.
moviefan-92 chapter 12 . 2/18/2019
FFN wasn't letting me post a review last chapter for some reason, so I'll post on this one.

Just so you know, the format you used for this chapter can be used on FFN (I used it for a 2 different one-shots I wrote), it's not not encouraged. So you can put the actual chapter here. If you choose not to though, then you should know that the link you provided above is incomplete due to the way FFN doesn't allow web-links, and it deletes those they detect. You should do it like this:

audreyii-ficDOTlivejournalDOTcom/27888DOThtml

Be sure to state that the DOTs are to be replaced with actual periods, maybe bold/italicize/underline the DOTs too to make sure they stand out so people don't miss one (this is what I do, and it works).
moviefan-92 chapter 6 . 2/17/2019
This is one of the biggest reasons why I don't like Kataang. Aang is not only whiney and childishly possessive of Katara, he acts like she's his, even before they got together, and at times even pretty much forced his feelings on her. He was not ready for a relationship, and even if he was, he certainly didn't deserve Katara.
moviefan-92 chapter 1 . 2/17/2019
This was great. Can't wait to read more.
hanarobertson4 chapter 11 . 2/9/2019
Ho
blissedoutvixen chapter 9 . 2/7/2019
This was a great chapter! You're are really good writer, and all the different points of view and types of chapters in this fic are really fun, I love it!
BellaOfTheTower chapter 21 . 2/5/2019
I.. I must admit I was always apprehensive when faced with reading this series. For actual years, I refused to read it. Call it intimidation from how everyone and their mothers hyped this series up, but I felt it would ruin me. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m an idiot. However, I don’t regret not reading this until now because now that I’m older, I’ve found I’ve gained a much greater appreciation for brilliance. And this... this was brilliant. Thank you.
the yellow flower chapter 21 . 2/4/2019
This follow up was so satisfying! Honestly, I think my favorite part was about Mai and Sukki. Totally makes sense to me. And yay young Lin! I love Toph but it was so clear (in this and in Korra) that her upbringing was rough with little innocence involved. I thought everyone was aged very well and developed in believable ways. Thanks again. This story was awesome
the yellow flower chapter 20 . 2/4/2019
My eyes are stinging. This was exceptionally beautiful to read. It healed as much as it hurt and I adored the numerous perspectives from different characters. Your ability to not only get the dialogue right but also to understand the inner workings of different characters thought processes was mastery. I really hope you didn’t mind all my reviewsas an author myself, I always appreciate them when they come so I hope you did too! Thank you for the grand story-telling! I genuinely look forward to continuing this take and checking out your other stuff!
the yellow flower chapter 18 . 2/4/2019
Chilling.
the yellow flower chapter 16 . 2/4/2019
Ahhhhh great duels!
the yellow flower chapter 15 . 2/4/2019
WHOA. You denied yourself Legend of Korra for this FF? I’m SO impressed at your level of dedication! Also, poor Aang. This was a great chapter to give us more insight on how hard things are for him from his own perspective.
1,265 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »