Reviews for The Sparrowkeet Series
Tim C. Girl chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Ooooooh... Now, I don't think you could have given me a better gift than one of my favourite authors getting a crack at one of my favourite guilty-pleasures (yes, I mean Zutara!)

And humm. WOW. SUCH a treat to read a well-developed captivity tale that's mature and honest and realistic, and... well.. just plain GOOD. So thank you, and I sure hope you don't stop there with this pairing. Even if it puts other things that I'm looking forward to on hold. :)
syrrah chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I was wondering what you would be up to next, and you have been busy. Over 17,000 words! I don't even know this fandom, but I will read anything you write. Thank you.
AnnaAza chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This is one of the best Zutara oneshots I've ever read in a long time. Your writing was excellent, and you changed the Cliche Katara as Zuko's Prisoner thing into an amazing and realistic story! This is worth ten stars out of five, four thumbs up, and many more reviews! I loved how the relationship progressed. Azula was perfectly bitchy. Mai, I thought was being a little jealous/murderous, but it surprised me when she aided Katara's escape. The ending with Zuko and Katara holding their element blades at each other's throats was so tense, and I worried that something would really go downhill. Love the ending! This oneshot was funny (especially when she pictured Sokka, Toph, and Aang's thoughts about what she did), climactic, action-filled, perfectly tense and angsty, and a realistic approach on the whole capture thing. I still can't believe this is fanfiction!
mwhale chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I loved what I've read from you with Dark Angel and was not disappointed with your experimentation in this fandom. I hope you continue to write more for both.
snarkhunter chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Love this. I started reading the first version - the unfinished one. And I was confused by the ending. Then I saw this and realized ... wow.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Oh my GAWD this fic is EXCELLENT it's so very AWESOME and why can't this be CANON?

-rereads own comment- Well, it's been a while since I used capslock that much in just one line... But this story more than deserves it. You may have stretched out the timeline from canon but you kept everyone perfectly in character, even Azula's odd start-of-third-season phase of "I care about Zuko even though I think he's pathetic and an obstacle in my way to the throne".

"Katara thinks that Azula lies to Zuko far less than Zuko lies to himself." SO TRUE.

Oddly enough, I feel most sorry for Mai, bystander to their developing relationship. She'd been harboring that crush on Zuko for years, even in his exile, but now that they're together again at last... Mai really is a noble woman, in every sense of the word; she lets the lass who won Zuko's heart go free, for Zuko's own sake.

There are so many things about thic fic that I absolutely adored, I don't know where to begin. The 'what would they say', comparing birthday presents, talking about homes, the sparring matches, sneaking her out on deck, I... It's all Excellent. A.
chromeknickers chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I left you a review on LJ, but I thought I should leave you one here, too. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed your narrative style and your ability to tell an involved tale with such wonderful brevity. I was enthralled by your descriptions of their sparring, both bending and otherwise, and I think you did a wonderful job with characterisation (especially Azula's). Simple yet eloquent, a real pleasure to read.
TheMightyErrg chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
WOW! That was great! I especially like how the relationship developed and wasn't forced or 'just happened' like so many fics do. Very well done. Looking forward to more of the same. Thanks for posting !
Roots207 chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This was an awsome story! I loved it so much!
Alessa-Assassina chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
BEAUTIFUL!
irishleesh93 chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This was amazing, I loved it. I don't know what else to say, this story is just to good for words.
Ozuma thy Awesome chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Sobody named Ann Rae stole your story. You should look coz that's illegal. U worked hard on this. But they only have like the beginning 6K words. By the time u read this, u might be to late coz someone already told them. So... Yeah. Great story
wordslinger chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I always thought Zuko would be the best person to help Katara through her anger issues. And I just love them so much together. You did a beautiful job. Loved this.
Sandra Evans chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This was absolutely beautiful.
cretin chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I still don't have the words I want.

This was the perfect mix: hurt with a little bit of funny.

And the ending was amazing.

Just ambiguous enough. WAS his honor restored? Did he decide to say screw it, steal the plans, and find them?

So so good. And you will NOT be hated for this. Not at all.

I stand by my earlier assessment.

Holy Shit.