Reviews for Those of Great Ambition
potterlockedintheshire chapter 7 . 9/23/2011
I think you wrote Goyle really well! I thought his point of view on the Gryffindors was quite interesting. Great job.
livingondaydreams chapter 6 . 9/14/2011
This is why I adore you. Even though no one can pretend to be capable of fully portraying Snape in just 100 words, you wrote this beautifully and it wasn't too sappy. I'm not feeling very eloquent at the moment, but I loved this. Keep up the wonderful work! I'm looking forward yo what you have to say about Goyle.
rainydaydreams chapter 6 . 9/12/2011
Oh, I just love this series (set of drabbles?). It's all deep and thought-provoking and everything I ought to be saying but honestly can't think of.
juliarchive chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
Can't wait to read the other house drabbles :D great job!
livingondaydreams chapter 5 . 8/12/2011
I think the 'I'm special, I'm not ordinary, I can talk to snakes' attitude never quite left him, to be honest. It was the driving force (other than his fear) behind his quest for power. Extremely in character - I'm glad that, even though this *is* about Voldemort, you called him Tom Riddle and made it rational, not "And then I will kill Harry Potter and then rule the world!1! Mwahahaha!1!" Props to you for not mentioning the Boy Who Lived once in this. Voldie did have roughly 75 years of life before Harry was even born, after all. (He was born in ~1926, I believe.) And really, he was (initially) more concerned with conquering Death than killing some kid.

And so, before I get terribly off topic, excellently done. Keep up the great work.
livingondaydreams chapter 4 . 8/12/2011
Again, neglected far too long. Another extremely in character drabble that was written beautifully. Andromeda would be a Slytherin, I think. It would have been mentioned if she was something different, like Sirius. I loved the bit at the end: "But she just might have clapped under the table when he ended up breaking tradition..." Wonderful.
livingondaydreams chapter 3 . 8/12/2011
Okay, I should have reviewed this a longlonglong time ago. My deepest apologies. Slughorn was superbly in character. The mix of indecision and the ability to choose... brilliant, although I'm certain I didn't explain it adequately at all. I'll just assume you know what I mean and move on some reason, I really loved how you put a great deal of the sentences in the passive voice and focused on "one makes choices" and "all must choose" instead of Horace. It seemed to fit him very well. Excellent job, m'dear.
lucierivera chapter 2 . 7/27/2011
More please! :)
potterlockedintheshire chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
I liked this, but it was insanely short. Is there going to be more about Draco? I feel as though he's one of the Slytherins that has the most potential to be shown in a more positive light, so I'd really like to read more about him.
livingondaydreams chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
Once again, you amaze me with your ability to get inside people's minds. I liked they way you made it sound like that's what he was telling himself... there was a bit of uncertainty behind the words, which fit him very well (during HBP, at least).Keep up the great work.
potterlockedintheshire chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I liked this chapter, and I'm very interested to see where you go with this story. I hate the prejudice against Slytherin House, so I'm hoping that this will show some of the characters without painting them as antagonists. Can't wait to read the next chapter!
livingondaydreams chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Bravo. You've managed to make Pansy Parkinson almost make sense, which I never thought I'd see. Favorite line: "But why lose any more? She isn't going to die! She's done nothing wrong. So she does the only logical thing." Brilliant.