Reviews for It's the Only Life You've Got Arc 1
em-1803 chapter 5 . 9/4/2013
Wow this was once amazing story. I had my hesitations but I guess those were all unwarranted. Amazing writing and story telling. You made the characters your own.
SandandSea1 chapter 5 . 4/6/2013
Had to read this again before diving into the second arc... just as amazing as I remember it. I'm looking forward to the next arc. Thank you for the read.
AJ chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
Absolutly marvelous! Just wonderful! Loved it! Now I'm off to read the second story all over again.
MsSir chapter 5 . 1/14/2013
Thank you.
Darkness.Reaper chapter 5 . 1/13/2013
Wauw this story is amazing, beautiful, romantic and so much more! Fell in love with it from chapter one and just couldn't stop reading until the end, it's wonderful :) Some parts of your story got even my heart beating faster :D especially love the part where Andy is do dominant when they went to dinner in that ''secret'' club for women. Thank you very much for this amazing story, loved everything about it :)
CSIBradley chapter 5 . 6/28/2012
Simply beautiful. Thank you for such an brilliant read.
CSIBradley chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
The tension you are able to create in your writing is just phenomenal. I love your writing style and I can't wait to keep on reading. .. yum
LethalPoison chapter 5 . 4/10/2012
Amazing!

I couldn't stop reading it
bsofthewest chapter 5 . 1/11/2012
Arch 1 is just stupendous. Arch 2 even better. Just have to say Thank you!
Scout-Reads chapter 4 . 12/13/2011
I liked the reflections here:

/she felt strangely unburdened, no dry-cleaning, no book, just Andy, delivering herself./

"I've always hated labels Caroline. The only place they belong is on clothing or purses; not on people."

Too true:

"You should know better Miranda, when you test me I will always rise to the occasion."

I love this line:

/With women it's like there are no rules as to who takes and who gives./

I think plenty of lesbians I know even don't understand that there aren't any 'rules to follow' unless you make them your rules.

I'm glad you have Andrea aware of her being dominant and analyzing this new freedom she's feeling in letting her primal urges go. I was noticing a bit of the trend with Andy being the somewhat more dominant one, and I'm glad that it's discussed here. Miranda's eagerness to explore or at least conscious decision to not hold back is making for an exciting and unique read. I like that you don't shy away from the anal play and also that you do emphasize the hygienic parts. That just reminds me how in a previous chapter Miranda went to the restroom; yes(!), characters should pee. Barbie-doll characters who never need the bathroom, or to brush don't do it for me.
Scout-Reads chapter 3 . 12/12/2011
Oy, Miranda is complicated. But that makes sense.

I like that Miranda seemed to catch that Andrea was mesmerized by her neckline.

This was pretty sweet:

"Many things Doug. Slowly with reverence, and then fast and hot with no restraint at all."

Miranda toying with her and then getting her another drink is definitely going to lead in a good direction.

I'm glad you showed Andrea's fear of being a quickie more than her excitement of being an option. Good differentiation.

Classic how Miranda was analyzing herself fetching drinks and realized that it was part of her dating ritual. Self-awareness is hot.

Of course, Miranda did seem to lose some of that while she was trying to do a preemptive strike against Andrea.

I enjoy possessive Miranda and the symbolism of her biting Andy's shoulder muscle was nice.
Scout-Reads chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
This was pretty amusing :)

'...not be smacked in the groin with a particularly striking image of The Queen as she held court in the boardroom.'

I like how Miranda did see Andrea and feigned like she didn't for the sport of it with Nigel.

The description of Andy's outfit this first reintroduction was nice.

I enjoy more of Andrea's pov and keeping a bit of mystery on the side of Miranda, but that said, I think you're doing admirably of not making Miranda too transparent.

As I'm reviewing while reading and not after reading, I'm currently getting a vibe of either danger, or more excitement than she thought on this N.Y. subway article.

This was a pretty good line:

'She slammed the cover closed and locked it back into the desk drawer, as if imprisoning her words would somehow contain the emotions.'

I like that you show a realistic emotional response with Andy's Dad; it's not love OR hate emotions, but a conflict of religious brainwashing over reality. (Sorry, got a little worked up over the subject)

The moment with Bethany in the kitchen was also a nice way to add more dimension to the story. Having Bethany only needing to say one word for Andy to realize the topic, was pretty well done also for displaying her awareness and closeness with her cousin.

The moment where Andy is cornered by her Uncle plays nicely with showing how Miranda has influenced Andy to be gay...I mean to show her spine and in an 'ice cold way'. Her Mother's responce was equitable and also showed care.

Hay, good display of that Mother's intuition as Andy starts to show her hand. Oooh, and a bit of Mother's good-intioned-manipulation. Magnifique!

Hilariously accurate: "membrane-thin napkins"

I liked the previous emphasis on Andy NOT frequenting Starbucks. However when she departs from the company of her Father, I can see it being an anchor of familiarity that brings her back home to New York and Miranda.

It seems with Miranda's concurrent wet-dream, that she is quite ready to persue sex with a woman. I liked the description of Andrea being the "stalking panther." Also you show an affinity for unique and sexy writing: lucky me ;)
StreepPeeps chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I absolutely love this story and have read it many times! Please tell me that ARC 2 is in the works and on its' way soon! Perhaps as a Halloween Treat...just sayin'...

Thank you so much for sharing your talent!

Tammy in Seattle, WA _
Gun Brooke chapter 5 . 9/16/2011
I absolutely love and adore this story. The chsracterization of Andy and Miranda are spot on, yet evolving naturally with this sensual story. The sex is among the hottest in MirAndy I've read. If I should nitpick about anything, it would be about the use of 'the older wonan', 'the editor' etc, instead of using names, her and she. Minor thing...which didn't keep me from adoring this story.
Ryoshu chapter 5 . 9/4/2011
very lovely story. lots of steamy scenes and wonderful little twists and surprises. I like how you portrayed the twins so distinctively. thanks for sharing this and I notice it says arc 1, i will definitely read another arc if there is one.
46 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »