Reviews for Descent
Kataphraktos chapter 6 . 12/20/2012
It is a credit to your writing that reading this fic ALMOST made me want to write a Tendo gangrape omake.
Dummy Perception chapter 6 . 11/16/2012
I was really absorbed with everything that has happened. After all that Ukyou's been through, I don't think that I'd be able to live with that either. But then things started going a 180 degree turn (I guess that happens because worse couldn't happen anymore), and I guess it justifies everything.
Although, I still don't understand how Ranma's being an outcaste had to matter so much to be able to change everyone's feelings towards him... and Nabiki has been too cruel. I thought she only did the "setting up a fake invitation to lead her on and show her he didn't care," but even went too far with planning to set her up with an animal. She's too young to be like that.
Anyways...great story you got there.
And I loved how you settled things with Shampoo. That was the best ending for her I've read in fanfictions so far. If Ranma would've done the same with Ukyo, she wouldn't have to experience all that.
But as they say, we only get better when we're at our worst.
I dunno, but I think I just did a reflection, not a real review, cause I hardly saw any holes in your story plot. It's flawless in a way, maybe got a few mistakes or so, but none that contributed to its greatness..
Keep writing. I hope to read more from you soon. :))
Saggit chapter 6 . 9/29/2011
Excellent story. And like all the best ones, it seems inevitable, given the characters in it, until you've finished and started reading something else which is also excellent, and posits a completely different result with the same people.

But the complexity of the people here, and the way they interact, really has edge (serrated ones, too), and I have a feeling I'll be returning to it, again and again.

Thanks.
dimriver chapter 6 . 8/22/2011
Nice story
uzukun7 chapter 6 . 8/8/2011
Damn that was a rough story to swallow. Great prose and excellent storytelling, but ridiculously dark and ooc for everybody involved. The tendos and ranma's mom end up looking ridiculously evil and heartless (especially kasumi who is an angel). Ranma was just a coward not facing off against them to get closure. and worst of all was akane who just seemed to have empty feelings for ranma all along. I understand you're writing an angsty ukyo fic and the only way it would work was with the parameters you set, but still it was tough seeing everybody treat ranma so coldly after everything he went through for them (especially akane). In either case I look forward to your other updates. Laterz
Aaronmizuno chapter 6 . 8/5/2011
Another great fic. I'm really glad that there are people like you who still care enough to share thoughts on this series. In particular, I really liked the Shampoo aspects from early on. Good interplay there. It felt balanced, if a bit extreme on the Tendo's end. Then again, in order for anything to change in that situation, one side has to go a bit bananas.

Thanks for this. 3
slaaneshgod chapter 6 . 8/5/2011
I like this story. I honestly would love to see more of ranma and ukyo and those trials and even shampoo. This was fairly indicative of the way things like this go in the real world much of the time and I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you for writing it.
shanejayell chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
Heh. OKay, depressing as hell but... good ending. Ukyo and Ranma ride off into the sunset.

Wouldn't mind seeing... maybe a sequel, looking at Nabiki growing a concience. Just to see how THAT played out.
billy13579 chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
Great story... You really bring out the darkest sides of the Tendos and Nodoka. Kasumi may be all smiles but, with this set in the 70s/80s plus her prim properness, her thoughts on such a classification of "dirtiness" could go either way.

You ended this well, although I hoped for more on Ranma and Ukyou as they move on... Given that this is set in the 70s/80s, perhaps a sequel set in contemporary times? That would certainly be a worth while read.
Wonderbee31 chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
Good to see that the two of them got a happy ending, as well as seeing Akane seemed to have grown up just a bit also.
Brian chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
Have you read "Bitter End" from Zen? Not exactly Ukyo angst (more like *everyone* angst). Very good, if rather sad.

enderverse chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
Horray for decently happy but not boring fluffy bunnies ending.

Much better than pointless dumb angst or happily ever after.
Khinsu chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
This was a good ending, it suited the story well. Anything happier would have felt out of place after all, but it didn't end in a depressing manner which I enjoy about your writing.
GeshronTyler chapter 5 . 8/4/2011
Ah, I remember those "Ranma's an Untouchable" fics from the FFML...

Well, I'm unapologetically a Ranma/Akane fan, but I've never been an extremist in that viewpoint. Else I wouldn't read that many of your stories, would I?_ That said, I'm glad you found a way to sweeten the bitterness of the situation before the end. I've always been fond of Ukyou, and don't think I've ever _hated_ any of the Ranma cast. At least Ranma and Ukyou have a chance to start a new life, and nobody seems to have been scarred too badly by the turmoil.

Thanks, read you next time.
ignoto82 chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
Nice work, nice work indeed.

I didn't expect an Akane first person wiev as last chap.

Just as like I didn't expect it was Nabiki to dirty her hand to "remove" Ukyo that way.

As I said good work