Reviews for Once Upon a Fairy Tale
Atariel Tsukai chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
Oh my gosh - what an emotional story! I admit, I started to get really upset when Hikari called off their engagement. And I actually teared up when she saw that Takeru's girlfriend was wearing a ring at Yolei's wedding. I got really hopeful right at the end at the little information about it having not been her ring, but then my heart was torn out all over again when they left the airport to meet up with her family! Overall, it was very well written, though!
Marchen Meines Lebens chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
Having these scenarios make me felt that no matter what the situation about their relationship, Takeru and Hikari will better be definitely end up with each other than anyone else, something I don't understand about that epilogue (Crest of Love plot-armor FTW :()
Kimi Deathberry chapter 1 . 3/14/2015
OMG! The story is beautiful and sad, but I loved it.
confession bear chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
Fan art brought me here.
I'm in tears right now. What a painful yet realistic ending! Excellent read, minimal errors :) I enjoyed this a lot thanks!
Royal Knight Zero chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Great story, very well written. I found this while browsing Deviant Art.
Requiem17 chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
Oh gods...I cried...

Stunning and perfect, I doubt there's anything better in the 30k stories
CloudXLightning chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
God, this is beautiful. Sure I prefer they end up together, but I have to agree. Sometimes, what matter is how the story end..

Yaken chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Im speechless, this was amazing, so complete and sad:(, you described perfectly all the emotions for everyone, you know i LOVE the happy endings but still this was so touching so it didn't really matters, congratulations
And oh " Kyoto Gazette" like japanese rock group "The GazettE"?:)i love them
Dr. Psych37 chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Jesus. This just broke my heart. Gah. Takeru. Hikari. Gaaaaaah

(I'm American and grew up watching the dub, but since my recent foray into the Digimon fandom, I've found myself using the Japanese names and the English nicknames interchangeably.)

*goes off to read Perhaps Love*
candified.smile chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
This. is. so. sad. You're a brilliant writer, and you don't have the recognition you deserve.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
it is such a gret story but...its so sad i can understand why you ended it though, though i still wish they would have ended up together
Squit Ayumin chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Wuthering Heights is one of my favourite novels, yet it never occurred to me to relate it to Takeru and Hikari. How clever and fitting!

Perhaps Love ripped my heart into a million pieces, yet it repaired it with the end. This one just destroyed me all over again. People think I'm rubbish because I hate sad endings. I understand them and can respect when they are necessary, but it doesn't mean I have to like them. Life can be so sad, so I like when stories are optimistic in a way life isn't sometimes. This story reminds me how ruthless life can be. That isn't to say I didn't like it! On the contrary, it solidified further how much I love your writing style and extraordinary talent. It's so tragic how everything turned out for them, but this story was such a reflective depiction of life. I enjoyed it very much, even though I want to die a little inside, ha.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This is a great read! And as much as I hate to say it, I can see this happening at the epilogue. It's realistic, and that's how many love stories end up being.. even though everyone wants the fairy tale ending.
livingINmyDAYDREAMS chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I've been reading your new story and decided I would see what other Takari stories you had written. After reading this I realized that you are really good at writing sad love stories. I love how romantic it is, but hate how sad it is. However, a lot of realistic love stories end this way. I enjoyed your story though, no matter how sad it was. You are a great writer.
Solastice chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
This is a great story, I love that the author has good knowledge of the universe beyond just the tv show. The line Mimi said about how people go to New York to get over Hikari, that's reference to what Daisuke did in an audio drama. Great detail.

Otherwise, what can I say, truly a heartrending story. That last scene at the airport is just, the writing is just too good. So few words, so much feeling.

"Ours... isn't."

"I never stopped."

"I know."

I don't know if you're still around, but I would love to read the other two versions of this story. I'm a sucker for retelling a story and seeing how it could end differently.

One question I have is, do you think it's destined that the two of end can't end up together? I'm guessing no, but I'd have to read the other two versions of your story to find out.