Reviews for Stained
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Some how this dosent suprise me
The Anonymous Forgot my name chapter 6 . 5/29/2013
I absolutely love this story, have no doubt about that. But as I was re-reading it, I realized that Optimus's reaction was jossed by "One Shall Fall". In this story, he's all about giving Airachnid a chance at repentance, and dissuading Arcee from revenge. In the episode, Optimus was ready to flat-out kill Megatron for what happened to Raf.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 6 . 8/31/2012
This goes beyond any rollercoaster. At least in one of those, you know you will arise at some point. Arcee is out of that hope.

During my experience writing fanfiction, I have found out that writing emblematic characters, whose personalities have been exposed again and again in all the series, movies and comics, is the hardest thing to do. In the case of Optimus Prime things get twice as hard, precisely because he’s the most common character and the one whose personality component we Transfans should know the best. Why? Maybe because there’s no space left for error, not even the tiniest one, if you want to write a good story. When writing Optimus Prime, there’s only two ways to do it, no place for shades of gray. Stereotypes do that kind of thing.

But you won the battle here. Your Optimus Prime should be voiced by Peter Cullen, and I think he would welcome the serious dilemma that his character is being forced to face during this story. This is the way to write a character like Prime, respecting his personality and at the same time enhancing it by challenging it with realistic conflicts. It may be easy to picture Prime acting in a situation like, let’s say, the Decepticons raiding a power plant, but when having to confront the death of a human boy and all the ties that bind such a tragedy to his warriors and to himself, then the situation cannot be handled in a cardboard way. So let me congratulate you again for keeping Optimus just as he is, and for making him grow as a character. At the end, we know he will have to make a decision; he can’t satisfy everybody, as in this equation ethics generally have very little to do.

As for Arcee, what can I say about angst so big? As deep as she is buried in her personal pit, she still refuses to fully admit her responsibility in Jack’s death and continues in her search for a culprit. That’s what makes her more hazardous, even more than having lost three partners now. Her hunger for revenge and the desperate need to get rid of the thing staining her has become her sanity. In such conditions, she’s as unpredictable as she is deadly.

Thank you for another wonderful chapter. This story should be canon.
Foxbear chapter 6 . 8/26/2012
Wow, I can almost hear the demons of insanity chewing away at Arcee's processor.
It is more than slightly unnerving to watch her come unraveled like this.
Forgot my name chapter 6 . 8/26/2012
Crap. (Scrap?) I don't think I can take any more suspense.

Gah, the emotions I felt while reading the end bits. So powerful. Poor Arcee.
Starfire201 chapter 6 . 8/26/2012
I feel pretty bad for Prime. He's stuck between the proverbial rock and the hard place. He wants to protect Arcee, but at the same time, he knows she has to face the consequences of her actions. In any case, June took that decision out of his hands.

And where that is concerned, I think Arcee is right, to a point. June may well want revenge, even if she doesn't consciously realize it. But I suspect that her desire is blamed very much at Arcee. If anything, while Airachnid may have created the situation, she wasn't the one who killed Jack, and June knows it. It is likely that grief is powering June's reaction right now, but I suspect she will likely be thinking no differently. She may blame others, including herself, but it is definitely Arcee who she holds directly responsible.

Here's hoping Arcee makes the correct decision in the end.
Forgot my name chapter 5 . 7/20/2012
I have only the vaguest idea of how the next chapter will play out. I look forward to reading it.
Uia chapter 5 . 5/5/2012
A heart renching read. Thats all I can really say.

Like others, I agree that your portrails are pretty much in the area. Loss is not something which is a spot on thing to show.

It is hard. I remember waking up to body heat against my chest almost every day. When he was taken, my whole being changed, that heat is gone and its never coming back. Someone just brushed off my loss a week later like it was nothing, but I felt no anger at them. Not even anger at the one that took his life from me. Its just a cold, empty feeling.

Revenge won't fix things. Its something I thought about. It gets nothing. Sure it gives you a goal, a drive, but you burn out in doing so, it becomes your entire life. And once finished, you have nothing to live for, and most people kill themselves, for once you take revenge, the anger and hate is gone. You see what you did in the name of one you love, you realise that it would Never be what they wanted.

On the flip side, if you dont go for revenge, you still end up feeling cold. You question the value of going on without them.

Arcee can chose either revenge or emptyness. Revenge sees her go mad and at the end even if she gets revenge the act breaks her like I said.

If she turns icy like I did. Well then you have a super weapon. Ten times more dangerous in a fight because she simply wont care. No moral code. No mercy. Tiredness and wounds would just be ignored. But again, after they win the war she would have no purpose to live.

Offline from revenge after killing the Cons and realising what she's done.

Offine though icyness because there is nothing left at the end of the war.

Offline though grief and pain to follow jack.

Take your pick. Nothing will be good. I understand Arcee's rage. But you need to know that in that state she will think everything though. I sure did. I had a 4 hour conversation after he died in my arms with no one. Just sat there. Holding him. Talking to myself.

Everyone thinks of anger because its what we as humans assume would happen. At first yea, thats true. After that brief few days of rage and hate your just empty. The truth is your just numb.

3 plots that would work for the next part. Arcee is going to look at her self just like I did.

Either she goes rouge after revenge (mostlikely will be fatal for her regardless of if she gets revenge or not).

She can walk out into the desert, tell Jack she loves him and offline herself to follow him. (I thought about it. Because I couldn't see a future without him. Still don't TBH. But I manage. I made a promise to watch over someone and I will do it.)

She can lock herself away and report to prime for duty a few days later. She would be Ice. The job would be everything. No mercy, no regard for wounds or exaustion. A walking shell of a being. She'd be a super warrior but at the end of the war there would be nothing for her and she would mostlikely offline herself. Her mind set would be just war. Thats it.

Unless you have another plot entirely of course.

I probaly did a very bad and useless job in writing that. But I hope I gave you a inside look to things.

If you want you can mail me at

at

I will answer a few questions on what my feelings were and still are like if you wish for insight.

Just remember. The rage and anger burn out quickly for it is consuming. Coldness.

Even in revenge (if she goes for it) she will be ice. Logical and cunning.

Rage that sustains itself during revenge is close to madness. Be aware of the difference. For the rage that is driving your revenge, the rage feeds from you and your drive for revenge. So your drive gets worse and the rage to feed it larger. Thus madness.

That probaly was completly unplesent to read, but I hope you have a clearer understanding of revenge now. It is not what most assume it to be.

Uia
koi chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
bestficasdfasdfasdf

Just all my feelings
Foxbear chapter 5 . 3/4/2012
Wow, this story is heart wrenching to the point that it is hard to read but the plot keeps pulling me on.

Excellent grammar and sentence structure.

Keep up the good work.
atsik101 chapter 5 . 3/4/2012
A great chapter as always but man...OUCH...the part with June and Arcee was way too harsh.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 5 . 3/4/2012
Now this was a brilliant essay about tragedy, about the sequels it leaves for those who stay behind.

A loss of this nature has many stages, absence and void being some of the most devastating. Jack is becoming more absent by the minute indeed, but the empty space inside of June is only being filled with darkness. But what else is to be expected? She lost her only son in one horrible way. But besides the death itself, the many things that surround his demise leave both wounds and doors open to future conflicts.

And it’s unavoidable that June starts to distribute blame, or to consider the zillions of possibilities that could have resulted in his son remaining alive. It was a very powerful moment when she thought about Miko or Raf being the ones dying instead of Jack. That’s what a mother would do in this situation. Concerning their children, a mother’s only ethic value is the welfare of her offspring.

I think June will come to a point in which she will find herself being the most guilty of all. She was never comfortable with the idea of Jack being involved with the Autobots and the dangers this association represented, but she wasn’t firm enough to keep him away from them. Even though Jack would have resisted – as he did in the series – he was a minor and June could have put her feet on the ground. But she didn’t. In a way, she also underestimated the danger of getting involved in a war between an alien race.

But it seems that June is very far away from turning her attention to herself. Right now it’s much easier to blame Optimus, the government, and especially Arcee.

The scene between June and Arcee was utterly powerful. You have painted June’s feelings so well that when this canvas was displayed, all we could do as readers was stop breathing. I can’t find a better word to describe it than realistic. Both Arcee and June give chills, so real and so raw that you can smell them.

The promise of revenge seems so pitiful compared to the hatred June is feeling towards Arcee. Wow indeed… that last scene was something else.

Eagerly waiting for an update!
Lionfire42 chapter 5 . 3/4/2012
This chapter was amazing. I can almost feel June's pain. Keep it up.
Starfire201 chapter 5 . 3/4/2012
Sometimes, changing focus is what does it when we have writer's block. Been there myself plenty of times. And with a story like Carrying, you need to have all the focus you can get. Especially given the topic you're touching on.

When you deal with serious topics, you do need to handle them very carefully, and what is true with Carrying could also be seen as true here in this chapter of Stained. Grief is a very intricate process and there is no "one size fits all" way of handling it. The way June was acting here could be seen as very plausible, compounded by the fact that she can't announce his death and can't bury him, at least not openly. Not only that, this is her only child. I know it must hurt enough for any parent to lose a child. Having none of my own I couldn't even begin to imagine how much. But to lose the only child you have means any future is completely cut off, especially if that child is young and has no family of their own. It must be a sickening kind of grief to feel.

And she has also lost her only child to an alien war, which increases her anger even more. Even given that Jack did try to back away at one point, he didn't end up staying away for very long, and the Autobots, whatever their personal feelings on the matter, did not insist the children stay away from them and out of any potential danger that could arise. June's anger and hatred towards the Autobots and Arcee in particular is understandable on that count.

She wants nothing more to do with this, and who can blame her for that? Even through the grief, she is well aware that what Arcee plans to do will not restore her son to life and she seems to realize that Arcee is trying to deflect her own responsibility. I can well imagine who she is calling and why.

Dark chapter, but certainly a very powerful one in a lot of ways.
atsik101 chapter 4 . 1/6/2012
WOW! Just ...WOW This story is...WOW!

I can soooooo much see Arcee on a killing spree like Umma Therman in Kill Bill, but you have to consider that Airachnid will go Off the radar for a wile and Arcee will be so much field with grief and lust for revenge that she will go AWOL and totally ignored her Autobot Moral Codes. And that is the worst think if you are a Decepticon and happened to be beetwin Arcee and Airachnid. I can see Arcee going all out and interrogating a few Cons in “Sow” or “Hostel” type interrogations.