Reviews for How Gallant He Will Be
Zoey67 chapter 4 . 7/7/2013
Continue PLEASE! Its pretty much the best RarityxMacintosh i've ever read!
Inkweaver22 chapter 4 . 11/30/2012
Very good so far. I think this is the first RarityXMacintosh fic I've seen. Can't wait to read more.
TheSkullKid chapter 4 . 5/26/2012
Moar. Moar fanfic needed.
Phoenix'sSoul chapter 4 . 5/14/2012
Very nice so far. Looking forward to seeing where things go, and where BigMac disappeared to. "Until the Next Chapter"
Brog Sceal chapter 4 . 2/29/2012
Now, I'm not going to give a proper review here until the fic is done, as this is one of those stories that really needs to be taken as a whole, but there are a few things I want to comment on.

First, I really like this choice of ship and I feel we don't see enough of it. Big Mac is quiet polite and self sufficient. He's powerfully built and runs his own business with his sister. This alone makes him a good match for a Rarity ship, and that's ignoring how well the two characters personalities compliment each other. I've always held that Mac ships well with Twilight, rainbow and rarity as all three have very forward personalities and attitudes that compliment Mac's own.

Second I want to offer my support for you SGT. This fic is fun, competently written, and this is the first time I've seen the apple family so well represented en-mass. At first I thought that you had a few too many involved. It made it hard to keep track of, or get a really good feel for, each individual character. But, once I started trying to treat the non-canon members of the family as one whole character, it actually started to flow really smoothly. It give one a sense of what it must actually be like to deal with that many of the apple family at once. Like they are some kind of overwhelming swarm. I like it.

Lastly, and this really is a nit pick but it bugs me, you kept saying Rarity flicked her horn. How does one flick a horn? A horn is a bone. It cannot move, and ergo cannot be flicked. You would be better saying something like "with a swift inclination of her head" or perhaps even "a twitch of her neck". Try to keep in mind the physiology of the animals you're writing about. Some of them, like pinky or R.D., give more leeway than others but in the end it's best to err on the side of caution. Watch your descriptors and always try to constrict any zany behavior to pinky. This hasn't been a problem with you yet, but apparently without Faust the writers of season two have forgotten, so I worry that the fans might lapse into piss poor characterization as well.
RandomFanguy chapter 4 . 2/26/2012
Up to this point in the story I could tell you were building up to something. Now we're getting close.

Everyone's still in character and the story itself is progressing well. Well done.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
Cerberusx chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I like Big Macintosh's suit, but his tie should have been a bolo tie in y opinion. But then again I love pinstriped suits. Hell I've got a few suits my four!
The Japanese Wonder chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
Very well written, I must say. The cast is delightfully in-character, and it looks like it could almost be the script for an official episode. Favorited!
Shadrahk chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
So far I've loved it. I like how everypony seems so in character!
HollyWrites chapter 4 . 2/1/2012
GoneandNotHere chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Oh My! I love the concept for this story and it is very well written! It is being added to my favorites. Please check out my MLP story; if you'd like to, of course.
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 4 . 1/30/2012
I look forward to reading what happens next in your story
obstinateRixatrix chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
First of all, I am just stupidly giddy that this fic isn't dropped. Welcome back, hope you didn't have a very stressful move, good luck finding time and internet, any anything else I might've forgotten to say.

So far everything is flowing just fine! The pacing works, and I kind of like how the crisis/cliffhanger isn't blown out of proportion, but is still suitably intriguing. I am thoroughly hooked! But if you ever have problems like that, I've found it works to start a general outline and add random details you know you want to include, like a part of dialogue, a scene, all that stuff, and then actually write it fully when you've got an idea on how to start. That way you know where you're working towards, and you can sort of build around it. Pretty standard, but also pretty helpful.
Hopefox chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
It's wonderful that you've updated this again! I've been looking forward to it.

I like the way you've let the Apple family blend in at the Gala with Applejack and Rarity's help. Their enthusiasm and sense of wonder is really cute.
obstinateRixatrix chapter 3 . 12/31/2011
I've got to say this is my absolute favorite pairing in the entirety of MLP: FiM. Of course, that means that this ship is one of the lesser loved ones, and it's pretty darn hard to find decent fanworks of any kind for it. But man, this fic is just fantastic! The characterization is spot-on, the writing is incredibly good, and just the general style of it is very easy to visualize. There is gradual build up to the pairing itself, but not in an impossibly slow manner, and there's enough going on that the ship isn't the only thing going for the story and I just really want to read more! I can't wait for the next chapter, and I do hope you update soon~