Reviews for Loghain's Push
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I tried DA:O but never got into it. Although a I read the first novel.

Interesting and well written first chapter with good cliff-hanger at the end.

Only one tiny concrit. Your use if the word "ass" (4th para from the end) does not seem to fit with the eloquent language you use in the rest of the story. It seems out of place. Not that this spoils the quality in any way.
ShiftySpaceCow chapter 11 . 10/10/2011
I love it! Fantasy warfare always makes for an awesome story, and the civil war was waaaay too downplayed in the game.
ShiftySpaceCow chapter 11 . 10/10/2011
Kendoka Girl chapter 11 . 8/6/2011
Thanks so much for your support, EE!

I'm think of the DA2 apron of Kiss the Arishok :P

Yes, I am totally writing the kitten scene in the future.

Work is finally slowing down and I can get back to reading and writing.
PadawanMage chapter 11 . 8/1/2011
Omg, I laughed so hard reading this, I almost fell off the stairmaster!

I'll bet it wasn't just Zevran's eyes that bulged...P

ok, the image of Sten bare chested, baking cookies...will...never...ever...leave me. I wonder if his apron says 'Kiss the Qunari'

'Warrior gloss' sounds like something out of a racy (ala Kama Sutra) catalogue...maybe from Orlais? lol

From now on, I will look at cookies (ahem, warrior cakes) and forever wonder about battle sprinkles...

ooh, will you write Morrigan talking to the Warden about her 'plan'...too bad she couldn't do something like in 'Excalibur' where that other witch made herself look like Arthur's wife and did the horizontal mambo with him. )
PadawanMage chapter 10 . 8/1/2011
Nice Ghostbusters reference...then again, demons and darkspawn (oh my!) are everywhere anyway!
PadawanMage chapter 9 . 8/1/2011
Ack, I'm getting a 'Princess Bride' vibe with the Arl wanting to marry Anora...dirty old man!
PadawanMage chapter 8 . 8/1/2011
Eh, I thought the Warden's hand slipped and she missed. )
PadawanMage chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
Interesting dichotomy here...the Warden leads and no one questions her (except for Sten, maybe P ) but Cauthrien is almost sneered at by the people under her. Tells you something about the quality of the soldier here...
PadawanMage chapter 6 . 8/1/2011
I really do love how you do your homework and research the language and customs of people...it makes for more authentic reading!

For some reason, I still see two Merrills in this story: one from each game. Honestly, I don't like the 'animaga' elves with the big eyes and the ears way too...pointy. my take, anyway...
PadawanMage chapter 5 . 8/1/2011
I shudder to think what the 'dreaded insertion/extraction tool' looks like...
PadawanMage chapter 4 . 8/1/2011
lol, whenever a villain says something like, "No, it took a littleā€¦persuasion. I have a skill for such things, you know."

All I can see is Howe, in front of a tied up Margarine, stomping his foot several times and, like a whiny little boy says, "Tell me your plans! Tellmetellmetellmetellme!"

Marge; 'No.'

Howe: 'Aw!'
Eternal E chapter 11 . 8/1/2011
This chapter was indeed full of laughter, I loved pretty much every line and observation from Morrigan, the competion of friendly insults with Shale, the frenemies was an awesome word, did you come by that yourself or is it a real slang term?

The way she played Zevran was really funny as well... grizzly bear, so there are limits to Zevrans apetite as well D

Sten in a cooking apron just made my day as well, I can almost imagine the apron having "kiss the cook"-slogan, just too funny of a scene, although just as in Samurai culture warriors were expected to compose, or at least appreciate, poetry and do ikebana

I can see the kind of discpline it takes to become a cook to be appreciated in Seheron. D

Still doesn't make it any less funny.

It reminds me you should do, if you haven't already done(my memory fails me for the moment), the Leliana/Sten interraction about her finding him playing with a kitten(or training it as he calls it), and possibly Morrigans flirtations with him, which ended, surprisingly enough with Sten having the last word, it's not often Morrigan is scared wordless D

Oh one might have thought that fighting side by side with Alistair this far would've raised Stens respect for him enough to allow a few cookies, but no, the little girl is more worthy D

I should point out that I think the dark ritual was known to Morrigan from the beginning and I think she mentions that is the reason Flemeth sent her with them, but it is a small enough change I suppose so it doesn't really matter

Looking forward for next installment
Ygrain33 chapter 11 . 7/31/2011
Lol! Your Morrigan has an unexpected sense of humour, not to mention the big soft spot quite close to the surface these days. And a hot scene with Alistair, wow! So many promises for the future... can't wait to see the Landsmeet - and was that a mention of Awakening down there? Can't wait to see you tackling these! I just wonder, will you keep the updating rate? :-)
Wolfox6 chapter 11 . 7/31/2011
Ohhhh, very intriguing chapter. Definitely heartbreaking peek into Morrigan's upbringing.

Loved the "warrior gloss and battle sprinkles". :D