Reviews for Timeless
Simon wanna be chapter 4 . 1/19/2014
Wow...that was a hard read...I mean to be able to feel and experience what had actually taken place as if you were the one living it. I must say that I really enjoyed the flash backs and the sense of loss that you were able to convey and describe. I do believe Razor/Jake did in fact beat that person to death, but I think it was an unconscious thing. I guess the saddest part to me would have to be the fact that Jake was all alone and the only he dare trust was his old freinemy. I mean you have stooped pretty low to if you go and see someone whom you've pretty much considered the bad guy. I think it was a great tragedy story with an too tragic and plain ending. Please don't think I am hating on your ending. I am marveling at the irony at how Jake died. I mean Chance/T-Bone died in the line of duty with a hero's ending, where Jake on the hand died as a plain citizen without heroics and it seemed almost wasted. I mean if you look at it, T-Bone died to save Razor and yet given that extra time to live and make the most of it he was unable to. I suppose though that they were such good friends that Jake was completely lost and had a desire to die and he was unable to die by his own hand. I mean he wasn't able to jump off the cliff and he wasn't able to die in the fiery plane crash and yet he is killed when he stands up for what is right. I suppose that's the way it had to be. I mean the SWAT Kats always did what was right no matter the cost and damn the risks. He even had an open door to freedom and a new life and yet he didn't take that and show himself a coward.

I guess I am a little saddened that you didn't write a follow up chapter to tell us what all happened to the robber and the clerk. Also I was hoping that you would have given us an insight on what the city and it populous thought of the tragedy. At the least I was wondering what Both Farrel's were thinking as well as Callie when she found out who they were. I mean I don't think it would have been very long, just long enough to convey what happened and what was done for his funeral. I mean did he get any honors? Did they clean/clear his name and then make the duo a statue thanking them for watching out for the city? Did they turn their fallen hero's into villain's? I guess it's for use to figure out.

I wonder if it made sense to Ferral that his daughter was at one in love with one of the SWAT Kats. I also wonder if he figured out who it was. On a side note I wonder what ever happened to Ferral when he shot and killed Dr. Vipor...I mean it's a lot like Jake when he killed that thing who killed his partner. I suppose the rules didn't apply to him like the rules applied to Jake who was a vital part in helping to protect the city. I guess in the end though you get a lesson from this, it's that even hero's who fall are not given the grace that should be allowed for a one time event. That or all hero's have a tragic and sad demise.
purpledragon6 chapter 4 . 11/17/2012
That is so sad yet sweet.
ulyferal chapter 4 . 4/8/2012
Wow! Beautifully written and a real tear jerker too. The only complaint I had at all was the constantly bouncing of memories then reality. I think it might have worked better if the memories were in Italics. But other than that, so very nice to see such excellent writing style.
Cody Furlong chapter 4 . 11/15/2008
This is an amazing story, it is deep and emotional and beautiful. I loved it! It was sad to see them die, but at least they can be together now. I wonder if Chance would be waiting for Jake and be there to greet him? Again I'm really sad that your're not going to write any more, you are a really great writer.
Dragon Trainer chapter 4 . 12/31/2006
I have to admit that this is a very lacklust ..ending. IT was going so well, but to end it after he managed to survive the plane crash ...I think to a certain extent that you just gave up. Sorry, if my assessment seem unfair, but I could almost read a much bigger story line in there ...that you just crushed at the end for seemingly no reason.

Was the guy really dead? Did Razor really kill him? You had directions pointing towards the truth in that, and was Chance really dead? NO remains were found ...why all these inconsistances ...if in all reality he was dead, and why all the doubt and quick saves ...if it was all meant to end this way. NO ...it didn't have to have a happy ending, but one that seem more of a conclusion than a quick end would have been nice.

Overall, you can tell I dislike the ending, but the rest was wonderful. I love the sense of memory in it, and how Razor was losing grasps on reality. Very sweet.
Ho Kong Yung chapter 4 . 11/8/2006
For sometime now I read alot of fanfic but nothing is compared to this(except the Usagi Yojimbo Fanfic: Usagi's Gift By: Matthew Pegg). Alot of drama is played out in this as it grabs the readers attention and draws him/her into the stary. More compelling and words cannot describe how detailed and masterful this writer did on the foreshadowing and the sense of freedom of Jake Clawson as he stares into the open road.

When I read and watched all the episodes of SWAT Cats I started to realize close Jake and Chances relationship is to more than just friends they were brothers. It was sickening but none the less appaled by the actions that were stirred from the Criminal "Judge" as he annihalated T-Bone but started to rekindle the memories between Felina and Chance Furlong. You have a good foreshawdowing in the beginning of the gold ring between Felina and Chance and the actions taken between each other.

What is more compelling is the sense of moral that is displayed at the end when Razor tried to save a store clerk. It doesn't matter who you save, the city or a single person , a hero is a hero no matter what he does he is willing to put his life on the line help others.

This piece of work is now one of my top ten fanfics and I salute and compliment you on your story telling. You demonstrated techniques that are well beyond your years (other wise if you are young)and taught how strong and close the relationship between Chance and Jake.

Well Done! )
Wyvern chapter 4 . 10/12/2006
Oh my GOD! This was GREAT! Dude, you almost made me start bawling! I have been wanting to read a sad SK story like this for a long time, thank you man!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 4 . 9/18/2006
The glimmer of the jet-black, radar-absorbing paint shone brightly, and in that moment she saw Jake’s silhouette. Razor, the SWAT Kat, alone, holding his hand to the canopy.

The moment ended, and the Turbokat dropped downwards.

“Permission to engage?” the other flaking pilot pleaded as they sloped in a loop in pursuit.

Felina held up the ring Chance had given her so many years ago. Why she still carried it she did not know. She clasped it in a fist, as she closed her eyes, leveling off her descent.

“Do it.”

That was amazing - but you are so cruel ... to save him only to kill him again. But the 'open road' - the way you handled the dramatic conflict - was amsfterful. But you broke my heart. 'Not with a bang but a whimper...'

...going off into a corner to cry now.
Kristen Sharpe chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
I know I already gave you my two cents on this chapter, but I thought that I would leave a review here as well. Firstly, again, thank you for completing this despite the long hiatus.

This story always got to me, from the first chapter onward. This final chapter was no exception. I read the entire last portion with that sense of impending doom that comes when you just know what's going to happen. And, I was mostly right in what I thought would happen. But, how it actually played out surprised me. What was even more surprising was that I was okay with it by the time you were done. I don't like sad stories. I don't like character death. But, darnit, you made it work, and you made me like it. This, of course, means you are wholly evil.
WindScar8 chapter 4 . 8/31/2006
that was beautiful, I don't usually like character death but this was done well thank you, to often do we just forget about our heros, thank you for a good story.
Elizabeth the Bathog chapter 3 . 7/18/2006
O.O please to more
Sarah chapter 3 . 7/22/2004
This is really, really good. Please write more soon! Please?
scarecrowe chapter 3 . 11/30/2003
Wow, I was gripped!
I will also admit *blushes* that I got a little teary when T-Bone died...apparently. I did notice an inconsistency here though - Lit. Feral I believe reported that they had 'found the remains' when asked of the certainty of T-Bone's death - then later on, Jake noted that remains hadn't been found. Just something I thought I ought to point out.
I gasped a lot in this - that usually means that I'm hooked, and it sure did here. A lot of things going on - the relationship between Chance and Felina, and that bringing in a connection between Feral and the SWAT Kats, and the whole business with The Judge - very active, and I feel that everything will tie together eventually. I'm also hoping Feral's right in that it was too perfect, and that things didn't go as they seemed to.
Also comments on style - very descriptive with great use of imagery, and careful choice of wording, in particular the technique used at the end of emotive paragrapghs - 'Feral watched the stretcher ascend'. Very effective in demonstrating the impact of what has just happened.
The flashbacks also work nicely - rather sad, but they work well to incorporate another level of depth into the story, as well as to explain a few things such as Felina's discovery (or maybe the discovery of her discovery _) of the SK's identities.
Well, I'll quit chatting and leave with the hope that this will be continued soon. I was very impressed. ;)
Dirty ~
Kristen Sharpe chapter 3 . 8/5/2003
Another awesome chapter, Matt! You pulled some interesting surprises out of your bag of flashbacks this time. Not that I thought you wouldn't. I know you too well to ever think any assumption I make about any plot of yours will be fully right.
VVhiplash chapter 2 . 7/17/2002
Wow, this story is great! The action, the suspense, the raw emotion, the tuna...just the right blend of natural herbs and spices to give a story the kick it needs! Keep it coming!