Reviews for Blue Effect
Perseus chapter 15 . 5/7/2013
when can we expect the next update?
Estel88 chapter 15 . 11/3/2012
great work!but,is this story on hiatus?
InfiltratorN7 chapter 2 . 8/4/2012
Great story, loved the pacing and character development. Good work :)
SupernalGodzilla chapter 15 . 7/12/2012
Great! I just read the last three chapters, very cleaver about what Shepard and his crew were doing when the collectors attack happened.

Over all I say that I LOVE THIS STORY!
joti52887 chapter 15 . 7/2/2012
Very nicely done, and very faithful to the game. I thought the sparing matches were nothing short of genius. I thought it was weird that u were going to do LOTSB after the suicide mission but after reading the very end of the chp at makes sense and I like ur setup can't wait for the next chp. Do u plan on continuing thru ME3?
beastlynerd chapter 15 . 7/1/2012
great job
Sturnus chapter 14 . 5/17/2012
Its a great story, you really give a cute angle on the hole Liara Shepard romance. Though after chapter 8 (Shepards awakening), the story lost its touch on the romance, because the dialogues is almost 100 % like the ones in ME2.

(I have to note, that i have not read the redemption novels, so i don't know which parts of chapter 7 and 8 is yours to credit. But either way their good).

Tali recruiting mission, Horizon, Garrus loyalty mission, conversation with Aethyta etc. They are all non-important to the romance, especially when there is no difference from playing the game itself.

What made your first 8 chapters great is that you focused on scenes YOU made up: Liara waking up in the Med-bay, her talks with Tali, her thoughts and crush on Shepard, the first joining where Liara found Akuze in Shepards mind, her memories of their last moment before the Normancy was blown up. These are all GREAT because they are not from the game (made up scenes).

You were also able to modify the missions on Therum, Feros, Noveria and Virmire. My favorite was the one on Therum. It had a good amount of combat scenes, which also is interesting because you make them detailed (it don't have to be all romantic :) ), though most importantly you modify a great deal on the dialogues and mission setting: Garrus and Ashley leaved at entrance, Shepard giving Liara food (nice touch), Shepard carrying Liara in his arms and Liara tricking the krogan and geth with biotic levitation.

It really takes the magic away from the story, when you put in scenes like the conversation with Sovereign or the confrontation with Wrex. ESPECIALLY when they are almost 100% accurate with the game. A good one of these was the conversation with Shiala on Feros, because Liaras crush was involved in this.

Chapter 9-14 is (sorry too say it) quite boring. They are filled with too many scenes from the game that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the romance. You even made the reunion scene a complete match to the scene in the game (you might disagree, but it felt like it), which was really disappointing, not even a "I've missed you" came out of Shepards mouth. It did not feel like they had ever been in love.

I would really love if you don't write the recruiting missions, loyalty missions, conversations with Thane, jack and Aethyta etc. into your story. Or at least keep it on a low level. Instead focus on writing your own things, like Liaras nightmares in her apartments and her conversation with Tali in chapter 14. Also, I really like this character Jim, he is a nice mysterious touch to the story.

I hope you can put my words to good use, when you write the next chapters of Blue Effect.
BloodRaven55 chapter 3 . 4/22/2012
Nice story, keep it up, you might want to check grammar and spelling but apart from that it's a very good story
Mastermind4892 chapter 14 . 4/15/2012
"Even had a batarian demolitions expert, not the most charming guy but he could hack anything."

Demolitions AND hacking? I think it was a former STG operative that was the demolitions expert.
nim istar chapter 14 . 4/15/2012
missing page breaks, but good chapter.
Kadzin chapter 13 . 4/2/2012
Thanks :)

Next chapter is already in progress.
w1p chapter 13 . 4/2/2012
Good story, please continue...
Kadzin chapter 12 . 3/15/2012
Yes I am well aware of pretty much all the theories that are going on at this moment. Not going to give away any spoilers, but if Bioware does not decide to give ME3 a proper ending, I will write one myself, just giving everyone a heads up. Still it will be a while till we get to that point in the story, there is a lot of story to cover.
Guardian54 chapter 12 . 3/15/2012
You, too, must be aware of the Indoctrination Theory for the ending, and how you wake up back on Earth surrounded by rubble if your War Assets are over 5000. The Citadel scene was a LIE! It was an attempt to indoctrinate you! YOU CAN STILL WRITE A HAPPY ENDING (In that Liara and Shepard stay together after the war)!
Kazrack chapter 11 . 3/13/2012