Reviews for Deus Ex Machina
sanekittens chapter 11 . 8/8/2023
Beautiful. 3
s8501 chapter 11 . 7/5/2023
Hi!

So, I am not sure if you still get any emails associated to this account, but in the off chance you do, I wanted to leave a comment. So, masochist in me somehow told me to rewatch glee, and what i really should have done is just sift through the fanfiction, but after watching two seasons and re-remembering some of my favorite fics, I have been in a deep, dark faberry spiral leading me to re-reading your story. Anyone that was a fan of the show probably knows the anguish all this has opened and I can only assume you are sending me your sincerest thoughts and prayers.

BUT I just wanted to say, I remember reading this fic a lifetime ago, and loving it [I was late to the height of faberry but it was almost better for me anyways]. Now, over 10 years and what feels like a lifetime has passed and let me tell you, your story is still. so. good. Not good like when you loved something as a child and for eat it 15 years later and you love it not because it is good, but because of the nostalgia wrapped up in it. No, this story is just plain good, now and then, and all the moments between. The voices you gave each character were SO spot on, I dont know if you wrote this while watching the show or not, but I could hear each one saying each one of these lines. It was sweet, and funny, and utterly heartbreaking, and I found myself slightly embarrassed to be a grown as adult woman crying over it during my lunch break (very dignified, single tear drama, but nevertheless). The story was original and heartfelt and did turn the characters into hyperized versions of themselves, which I appreciated.

All this rambling to say, I am not sure how your life has been, or is going; I am not sure if you still write all the time, or if it was a passing moment in time that you think about occasionally, but I really wanted you to know that after all these years and moments that have passed I remembered your fic 10 plus years later, enough to want to re-read it, and it still hit me like a firetruck as I went through it. You have brought me and I am sure 1000's of other people joy and happiness and excitement in the same way a favorite novel does. Maybe even more because we were able to see a reflation of something we loved cared for by someone else that loved it too. So I hope you see this, and I hope your life is going alright, and I hope it all brings a smile to your face. Sending you good thoughts and vibes. -S

ps had to log out to write this because at some point past me already gushed over past you.
ACuteAngela chapter 11 . 5/10/2022
Greatest story ever, gave me goosebumps and heartache multiple times but the ending was sweet enough to make my heart swell. Loved it!
sblvthe chapter 11 . 8/11/2021
this was such a rollercoaster ride. just like everyone else, i do wish that there was a sequel to this fic. i loved this story so much, definitely will revisit it again. thank you!
fablary chapter 11 . 8/10/2021
this is the sweetest story ever 3
I look forward to come back once in a while to reread it
I just wish there is a sequel
Brit.Brat1992 chapter 11 . 3/19/2021
Please make a sequel to this beautiful story!
BellaBerry12 chapter 10 . 2/21/2021
beautiful story honestly
quinnfabrayswife chapter 11 . 12/21/2020
wish we could’ve seen just a bit more of the aftermath and what ended up happening with quinn’s family. maybe even seen michael and somehow dealt with him?
bidyys chapter 11 . 10/2/2020
Just an incredible story and journey, the author should be very proud of this work. If you can read this story and not become emotionally involved then you probably should find another genre.
I read this several years ago and thought it was one of the better Faberry fictions to be found.
I just finished reading it again, now I will say it is among the very best.
Thanks for the hours of enjoyment this story has brought to me and so many others.
I hope you are continuing to write on some platform.
keepcalmnstfu chapter 11 . 8/22/2020
this was... everything that I hoped for in a fanfic. just... wow. the writing was phenomenal, the characteristics on point, comedic timing and deep cutting emotions. can't believe I haven't read this one until now, but I'm so glad I eventually did. thank you for this amazing story.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/16/2020
I read this at least once a year. It never gets old. It’s beautiful every time. Thanks for writing this
fabrayctrl chapter 11 . 4/9/2020
I'm so speechless right now I've started this out of curiosity bc ppl told me to but I was expecting nothing but a heartbreak at the end of this and.. wow. What a fucking ride that was. Thank you my heart is so full rn
suckmyalex chapter 10 . 1/29/2020
I always think about this fic every now and then and I usually reread parts of it too but this time I reread the whole thing from start to finish and I still can’t get over how good it is. Hands down one of my favorites. It’s 2020 and I’m still not over it lol. Hope you’re doing well :)
CasualReader2422 chapter 2 . 10/27/2019
Read this again for the first time in over 8 years. It still gets me. I wish this were a movie! One of my favorite supernatural fics in the Faberry universe!
Guest chapter 11 . 9/27/2019