Reviews for Shadowchasers: Journey to the Future
Schwarzwald Hunter chapter 2 . 9/17/2017
Rereading this story again. One of my favorites.
Schwarzwald Hunter chapter 3 . 9/9/2015
THAT WAS INTENSE.
Lonely Ghost666 chapter 5 . 9/26/2013
A much shorter chapter than I'm used to from you, since you're usually one to put a lot of good stuff in at a time, but it's understandable if life is hard and making it difficult to work with. Regardless, I hope you three can update a new chapter soon and keep this story going, compilation works are a wonder and rare to see, especially ones that work out. So I'd love to see more of course.

Also... I called it! Wukong! Go Monkey King!... although I'm pretty sure Journey to the West is a Chinese tale.
Lonely Ghost666 chapter 4 . 9/26/2013
Three Duels in one episode. That's got to be a rough thing to handle and keep track of. I know the Duel with the Shikigami was a bit hard to follow because it wasn't able to vocalize its moves. Still, it was a wonderful thing to see in all cases. Strategies that were almost successful in defeating the Shadowchasers, only for them to pull a come from behind win. But now the curious nature of the two items taken from the temple. A sword that's clearly got dark powers, taking more than just one's life I can assume. The other an egg that hatched to reveal a... I'm not sure. Sort of reminds me of Son Wukong.
Lonely Ghost666 chapter 3 . 9/26/2013
And there's MetalOverlord for sure. A bit of comedy, a little twist here and there (like the supposed love slave angle), a bit of a gothic undertone with the mannerisms of some of the monsters and their appearances, even if they're D&D originals. What gets me is I just finish reading about Tharizdun and such in Shadowchasers: Torment, only to hear there's yet another divine entity of greater power and evil. Wish I knew more about Dungeons and Dragons so I'd know this already. Still, something exciting to look forward to then.
Lonely Ghost666 chapter 2 . 9/26/2013
I can definitely see Lux-Nero's work in this chapter. The same sort of banter between good guy and bad, the same focus to certain details, all of it. I can certainly see how the changes in the Ophidia world of sorts has come into play here, which I haven't seen in any other work yet. It's kind of refreshing. Seeing a Snakeblooded Shadowchaser is one as well. Poor guy though, getting a raw deal there.
Lonely Ghost666 chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
An interesting venture that explains why you're not as regular in updating your other Shadowchaser story. Well I must say, the quality is top notch. The first chapter and I'm already having a WTF moment from Gyuki's odd behavior. The Yokai was quite unfortunate though. Milling Rock monsters only makes things like Megarock Dragon all the more powerful and easier to summon. Hopefully we'll see more on the bull-headed demon, but for now, more of the Shadowchasers is going to be good.
Rocket Knight 777 chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
Welcome back to the land of the living. I thought you had close up shop for good. This was short, but effective. That's all I got. Wonder where those people went, who attacked them, and what happens next. Until then.
0ccam's Razor chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
Not much to say... A rather small chapter that probably could have served as the opening to a larger chapter.

Still, I'm glad this fic is back on track. I'll keep my eyes open for more.
Rocket Knight 777 chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Three duels at once? Boy are you guys ambitious. Anyway, all of them were great duels. What a way to come back.
0ccam's Razor chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Whoa, three duels in one chapter. That isn't easy to do.

I never imagined someone would use the Shadow Slayers, a group that I believe I mentioned once or twice in my files. I should mention that they are not mercenaries, as they seem to have been depicted here. Each one has their own reason for opposing the Shadowchasers, and each one is unique, but they rarely sell their services out to the highest bidder.

Anyway, I have a general idea what the deal with the egg was.

Again, the three simultaneous duels was an okay idea. It was hard to keep track of them all. (It was too bad that the Wicked King of Yomi couldn't show up, but I guess that might have been copying the duel between Jack and the Familiar too much.

I'll be waiting for the next chapter.
Ruin Queen of Oblivion chapter 4 . 11/27/2011
Well, that was very interesting, great chapter and great duels, but really, rabbit cards, that's strange.
John chapter 3 . 9/2/2011
Why is it that people always not to end the world. No, it's no get a good meal and play some games, or go and watch some tv. Eh, Villians.
Seeker of the Soul chapter 3 . 9/1/2011
Now, as a few others have already commented on this I suppose I'm beating a dead horse, HOWEVER it does need to be mentioned. The duel was fast paced, exciting, and very over the top. The problem is that it does seem like you were going for an endgame sort of duel pretty early.

Now its quite possible you three don't plan on this being a very long story. Keeping a collaborative effort going along with your own personal projects is hard work, so you might just have this story planned as a short work.

Still, it seems that this chapter made Ao look like a much stronger duelist than his two allies. Tai Foom Boom is also extremely similar to the Inugami card from Shadowchasers: Risen Nemesis. Yes it starts with 2000 attack, but level 8 synchros aren't actually difficult to summon and it can super easily reach above 3000 points with the ability to nuke the front field OR back field very easily. Yes its not as broken as Judgment Dragon...but that's not saying much is it?

I still thoroughly enjoyed the duel, it just seems that this duel was drastically different in terms of the sort of cards used and the pace, as opposed to the last two which were more realistic.

Drama is great, and I love exciting duels (the big draw of Yu-Gi-Oh!), it just felt like you were pulling out all the stops too quickly.

That aside, I found Aurum and Naga's conversation at the start of the chapter played out very well. You made it clear that the characters were friendly and familiar with each other without unnecessary filler. You handled exposition in such a way as it flowed well in the story. It was two friendly colleagues discussing work related matters in a way that didn't scream "Hey reader, guess what happened?"

Aurum and Naga get more time to shine as actual characters with personalities in this chapter than Ao did, which I think is a weak point for this chapter...but also a strong point. The best writing of the chapter was before Ao appeared. I really enjoyed Naga's line about sounding hypocritical. It was funny without being excessively silly.

The 'foreshadowing' opening section was your standard 'mysterious mystery people discussing mysterious mysteries' stuff. Not terribly interesting, but at least useful for making it clear that there are people working in the background with mysterious (how many times will that word come up?) motives.

Overall, while I enjoyed this chapter, I think it was probably the weakest overall of the first three.

I look forward to seeing what your trio comes up with as the story continues. Oh, and nice to see something other than Tharizdun mentioned as a mighty evil. That chained bugger gets really old.
Witty Phantom-GP chapter 3 . 9/1/2011
Wow, you're really going all out, considering that this is just the third chapter...

I must say that Ao is doing a good job in replacing Naga as my fav character. His deck consists of one of my fav deck types since the begining of ZeXal and the custom support is amazing.

While I like the fact that you have shown us such a wild duel, I must say that you have to come up with some pretty damn broken cards, if you want to top Ao's appearance in this chapter. While I get that you want to get to the action, it might have been better if, in the first chap, Ao would have gone out to arrest a burglar, or some mob that was making a deal in the harbour, then chapter 1 and 2, in that order, and then this chapter as number 4. That way, Ao's debute could have focused more on introducing him properly and less on a great looming evil. The opponent built up in Dance Macabre was the following as well: Animated rag doll, fire wraight, dark knight. It's just basic logic. When you start of with something big and you then come up with something small, you disappoint.

I DO really like this chap, I just want you to know how much of a strain it's gonna be to top this...

I AM eagerly awaiting the next chap, and I hope you can learn from my review. I don't mean that egocentric.