Reviews for Slayer's Gate
Peanut Gallery chapter 25 . 6/20/2013
Well Dam, True a first class Work of fiction, from humor to characters your were spot on. My inner critic is sitting in a dart lonely feeling useless, good job.

Thanks for a Great Read,

Peanut Gallery
crvenashkorpija chapter 25 . 5/12/2013
Nice...any sequels? Really funy story...:-) Amusing to no end :-D
Guest chapter 15 . 2/22/2013
im still reading this because id like to know what happens but to be honest...you've got the makings of a good story but the execution, on the other hand, is a bit...off. the pace of your story, the speed at which you're moving events and "twists" aren't having as great an impact because you're throwing so much at the reader in so little time.

and the interactions between characters-yes, there will be tension and strife, these are two dynamically-opposite groups with the same agenda after all; who've both got a little bit of self-righteous indignation going on-could also do with a little work. i don't mind the genetic matches for the kids, that's your choice so whatever, and the who one-warrior-sees-another thing that the Jaffa got going on with the Scoobies is expected BUT it's like you can't decide whether you're keeping them all-Buffy, especially-in season 1-3 or post-season 8 persona. please, just choose one.

if they're at the stage where they're considered mature and responsible enough to handle having control of the Stargate by not only the Queen of England, her Prime Minister and the President of the United States, then they should be acting so. i just think that Buffy and the others are just not having any tolerance for bullshit OR politics at this stage in the game: they act like leaders, don't give a shit whether they earn the "respect" of the local or above governmental/paramilitary authorities, they just want you to get out of the way and let them do their job. i think they'd just see this as another on-going, long-term project on the Council's list. of course they'd give the bare minimum since a bullet can kill a person, slayer-enhanced or not-'course knowing this, a certain red-headed wiccan may have enchanted projectile-proof armor for all of them-but more than that is more then they should have to give.

so basically, all im saying is that maybe you should go back to the draft and polish it up a little.
fierynightangel chapter 25 . 1/16/2013
spiffy cool!
locardxchange chapter 25 . 10/18/2012
Very good with a cute twist.
Lazarus.357 chapter 25 . 10/12/2012
A few grammar and punctuation errors, but still and all, nicely done, bravo.
jgood27 chapter 25 . 1/18/2012
Love this story and can't wait to read more, please update
CubsKing chapter 21 . 11/3/2011
Very interesting story. I can't wait to see where you take it.

FYI, the Goa'uld's name is spelled Nirrti.
Taeniaea chapter 18 . 10/12/2011
Very Cool Story!
Ltlconf chapter 6 . 9/28/2011
Howdy!

Okay plausible, even having Buffy arrogantly assuming, again (admittedly with a good track record), that she, and only she, can possibly handle a threat to Earth. Of course she's only ever dealt with demons who have the subtlety of a brick and no serious firepower, but hey she's BUFFY!

I imagine reading the reports will disabuse her of that notion quick.

Funny thing is the very reasons Giles put forward to Xander for going out and doing something with the Gate (freeing slaves and so on) is how the SGC got Earth into this mess: gettin' nasty with nasty aliens enslaving humans! HAH!

Frankly a bunch of Slayers with no real long-range firepower nor any real unit tactical training (that yes, even guerillas have) would be meat in the open and they'll get that: not dumb (if stubborn) is Buffy, nor Faith. They'll need O'Neill and his people.

It's Joss' dislike of guns that led to the whole"guns don't work on demons thing. But shooting a crossbow bolt that does a LOT LESS damage than bullet does work on a demon (not vamp, a DEMON!)? Over a bullet that makes a fist-sized hole and goes through a steel engine block?

Well at least on Stargate they work most times. And Buffy is gonna have ta deal. And Slayers is gonna have ta load up.

Slayers with guns? Cool, makes a John Woo movie look tame!

The "kids" thing is overplayed a bit. Buffy is pushing mid-twenties here (near 24 at the least depending on the year you're placing this) and thus older than most of the junior enlisted going through that gate every day and manning the base. Hell she's older than I was as a corporal and I commanded a fire team! Now Colonel O'Neill I can see, anyone under 30 is a youngin' to him but the rest are more mature about it. And Jaffar go into battle in their mid teens so they're not goin' ta give a rat I assume!

And Giles as is old as the Colonel, though I still wonder how he lets Buffy run all over him. Just his style I guess...wouldn't be Giles without it!

I do hope you're not hooking Oz up with Willow. I mean I love Oz (modeled a few RPG characters after him), but when Willow's under a love spell and trying to figure out how to make the guy who cast it a woman, I think that pretty much sums up her orientation for good. And yeah, I've known gays who took DECADES to work out what their orientation was. Counseled a few teens going through it too. Willow's path is the norm, not the exception.

Looking forward to reading the rest and seeing how it pans out, but no matter what, I'm sure it'll be a boatload of fun! This ain't an easy crossover to make plausible and no matter my quibbles with the characters, you've done that. Okay, lets see how Kinsey screws himself over...again!

The Cracker.
Bobboky chapter 18 . 9/27/2011
good
EvilTheLast chapter 9 . 9/12/2011
Nice story. I wonder if the BTVS gang will soon get bored with the SG and sell it for a $1.00 to someone they trust so they can get back into the action on earth. Kidnapped by a little gray alien. That is just annoying.
autumnannette19 chapter 9 . 9/10/2011
Whats next, whats next?
Bobboky chapter 9 . 9/9/2011
nice
mcgurrin chapter 5 . 8/17/2011
I like it and hope more comes soon.