Reviews for Small Town Secrets
Janara chapter 1 . 7/18
Great story, I especially loved Cloud's reaction to the kiss, lol
A sort of con-crit chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Hmm, I usually don't read a fanfic when I'm not convinced but somehow the summary aroused my curiosity enough to try this one.

I don't have any criticism regarding your writing, it's just the conclusion that let me completely unsatisfied, without exagerating.

I was just puzzled by how Tifa would inmediately change her mind and forget how many years she had been yearning for Cloud's affection. Yes, I know that discovering your love interest is your half-sibling can be a turn-off to start with, but there are a lot of mixed feelings, not just: Hey, we're siblings, it's cool that I instantly stopped loving you, gimme a hug, bro!

I wouldn't say any of this if this were a humorous story, but as it's levelled as drama, I can only sigh and think how flat and unrealistic the ending resulted.

A person in this kind of situation will most likely feel guilty, ashamed, hopeless, dirty, anguished, for a looooong time not just a week, and maybe become even more obsessed with his/her love interest and more desperate to have him/her. There's a high incidence of drug abuse, promiscuity and suicide attemps when you've been loving a person for so long and you know you can't -or shouldn't- have him/her. I think your approach to this subject is too superficial. A forbidden love's story should not be taken so lightly.
Stalker Status chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
this is a funny story, but Tifa's right! The timeline doesn't make sense! Cloud was born in mid August, and Tifa was born in early May. Damnn Cloud's mom doesn't know when to take a break :(
Fiction Not Fact chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I was a bit iffy about reading this- Tifa and Cloud aren't my cup of tea- but I'm really glad I did- and that ending line is freaking glorious, definitely a favorite.
BlUeFIAmE chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
O.o interesting. Can't stand the thought of them never being together but interesting...
reighost chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
OMG I loved this idea! It was wonderful, pulls all sorts of ideas people have been throwing around in this fandom into one complete whole!
EIMIM chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Loved it! I had never even thought of the possibility before, but it sure does explain a lot...
hullabalooh chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I love this. The Cloud and Tifa interactions were spot on and they were both just so cute :)
Aimi-chan chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I love how they're really related! It would explain so much! And then, I love the questions on Cloud's gayness. He probably is, but that wouldn't be the point. lol! Very funny oneshot! I might one day use this idea, of them being half siblings, or not. Hope you don't mind!
IA1979 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Definitely enjoyed this at 4:30 am, when sleep suddenly left me. It was fun even if the subject matter was a little grim because of Cloud's mom's bad luck.

I feel a little sorry for Tifa, but at least she's a strong character, so she'll deal with this new development without too much trouble.

Thanks for posting this here too. *faves*
mom calling chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
This is a new wrinkle! Can't say I'm thrilled with the idea they are siblings-I've nursed the confident hope that they are meant for each other in a romantic way. Though there are stories aplenty that have them falling in love and/or bedding others, Cloud gay or not gay, Cloud as human or not human...and a lot of them are very good stories. Still, I picture Cloud with Tifa, his growing self-confidence allowing him to let nature and hormones take it's course. You're doing what writers do...exploring new territory...and wrinkles are challenges for you. Chasms. For me, barriers threatening safety. I can cross them, if the bridge is solid enough...yours was and I did. thx. mc
KShiki chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Normally I'm a pretty uptight CloTi fan, but your story just made me laugh. I loved it!

Believe me, I was keeping my fingers and toes crossed at the part when they were getting the results. I was literally like: "No, no no no. They are not bro/sis. No no no no.." But then I took a different look at the end and I was like..."Aww..that's cute." :D

Anyway, LOVE IT.

[clicks] faved your story, and faved YOU
Yume chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
oh, if only has a "like" button... XD
Expressive Dissonance chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
LOL! I loved this so much! xD

Ah that awkwardness. So wonderful. She got the most wonderful, dorky brother ever. :D

And now she has to get used to him scaring off her boyfriends. \o/

And maybe he /is/ gay and just doesn't know how to say that either. xD
JCx2 chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I like the plot of this story and how everything turned's pretty cool if you ask me :)