Reviews for Grit and Regret
God damn you for making me cry. Not one of my friends know about my secret favorite pairing(well now they do) all thanks to this right here. I was fine with imagining it in my head, writing the occasional fic before hiding it in my desk, and always kinda denying that nothing ever happened between them. I was content about the lack of stories with them together and then one day I decide 'what the heck, I'll just add the filter' and lo and behold I find you. At first I was surprised. Surprised, because while I've seen hints at something going on between sensei and student, I never really thought she would have taken that route. But it's very plausible, though the fact that she did it as revenge on her teammate sounds like something an immature girl would've done. ( I don't know. I'm a girl by the way (just so you can put a gender to the voice in your head I guess)). So yeah no one knew about my secret until I burst into tears while reading this in the car. Fantastic job though, since I wouldn't call my self overly emotional. Only a few stories have got me to bawl my eyes out and now this joins the rest of them.
freewolf17 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
you know i swear you read my mind with a lot of stuff about Koharu here... As time wore on in cannon i took into account all people have lost and Koharu is one of them. our past shapes who we are, but how we react to it is waht really matters.

wal

fw
lovesrainscent chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Oh, Hime, I adore this! I truly do. Curse you, now I have all sorts of inappropriate Tobirama/Koharu thoughts running around in my head. But the friendship between her and Hiruzan was the best part. You can have lots of people with whom you are friendly in this life but if you only have one or two friendships like that in a lifetime then you are lucky indeed. Great piece of writing!
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Aww honey, how can I hate you for something so wonderfully angsty? I've never thought much of Koharu beyond the fact that she was Tsunade's trainer after Hiruzen became Hokage so this fleshes out her character nicely. I also love her and Niidaime. As Loves once wrote in her fic "You're not the first girl to throw herself at her sensei, and he certainly won't be the last sensei to give in".

You even had me feeling sorry for Hiruzen which is a HUGE thing seeing as I don't like him all that much so this is definitely a great piece of writing.
Chocolate Pencil chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Yes, I feel bad for Koharu now. We need more Koharu-centric fics.

Koharu felt so nostalgic in this, thinking of her old life and her old comrades. It was a sad effect. Kudos!