Reviews for Sinister Minds
Crazybird101 chapter 7 . 2/28/2012
Damn. And I thought I was crazy:)

(WAAAAAAAA! Poor Shen! WAAAAAAAA! You will always be my favorite villain!)

Crazybird101: *Brushing teeth*

* Sees Lord Shen's reflection in mirror and drops toothbrush*

Crazybird101: What the f*$&?

Lord Shen: Whoops! Wrong mirror. *Disappears*

Crazybird101: *Blinks and shrugs. Picks up toothbrush and continues brushing teeth*

Evil Crazybird101: *Appears in mirror* Hello Cra-

Crazybird101: F$#* off *spits in sink and leaves bathroom*

Evil Crazybird101: *sighs and droops head*
Purpleground chapter 7 . 8/9/2011
HA! Finally i got some mood and time to sit down and write this review. SOrry it took a while.

I would say, all this story kind of link up to the current event, and even after the event (as it seems). I like it. Something seemed to click up in the middle. Other than saying that this plot is brilliantly crafted and linked, I would also like how the title fits so well with the event. AND SHEN lives! It's not tooo late. Shen would made an even interesting character with that 'other self' constantly hammering his decision. And it seems that even being wise and all knowing, there is always something that would turn Soothsayer againts her vow. And how the doctor used to be speaking with the 'other guy' is actually shocking when it is revealed to be you-know-what. Good job. Nice twist there, I was rather shocked to see it coming.

Overall, well written. Just like your "Can you spare a brain". Got that nice twist. ) Keep it up
Domenic chapter 7 . 7/26/2011
I love the twisting nature of this. At first I'd get confused between the apparent flashbacks and flashforwards and present times, with time seemingly shifting around a lot before settling down as the end drew near-but I think that was the point, and ultimately that sort of twisting disorientation was very interesting to read in a Shen fic, especially one exploring Shen's insanity.

I love the twist with the peahen. I was already feeling apprehensive and uncertain about her, but I did not think that was her issue when she first showed up (trying to leave this as spoiler-free as possible, though I guess people checking out the reviews before checking out a fic should be prepared for some spoilers, like I do). And it just makes a very cruel sense with Shen given his circumstances and how the rest of his China would react.

The goat doctor was a neat OC, and I liked his romance with the Soothsayer, exploring a new, different aspect with her. And of course the goat doctor's relationship with Shen, I got chills when his deal was revealed too.

Seriously, poor Shen.

Nice work, hope to see more from you. :)
Blackshadowbutterflys chapter 7 . 7/26/2011
Great story. I love the dark take on Shen. Nothing like seeing the metal state of his mind. Great work!
Serb chapter 7 . 7/24/2011
This fic turned out to be better than I expected. It is sad that Shen had to imagine a female companion who would be the only one to accept him (while other females probably rejected him). And the Soothsayer holding a grudge was a nice addition.

It was a an interesting take to add the 'A Beautiful Mind'/'Spiderman' twist where Shen was diagnosed with psychosis and talked to himself in the mirror. From what you were describing, he seemed to suffer from schizophrenia as well and eventually developed paranoia throughout life. And a narcisstic personality disorder. Poor Shen, he really became insane.
Aninat131 chapter 7 . 7/24/2011
Amazing. Wonderfully written, with a whole lot of depth and emotion. Honestly, I'm glad shen is alive, after seeing this backstory of him. I hope that one day, he'll be able to heal. Thank you for writing this. I hope to see more brilliant writings from you.
Purpleground chapter 6 . 7/22/2011
Wow. Didn't know you wrote one story of Shen. Read it. Very suspenseful and rather sad. But hey, it makes up for the sinister minds title. You my friend had just started the Evil's legend. haha. Nice work, i love how the twist came out at the end. I saw the little love story between Soothsayer it was like... oooh-ho-ho-ho... , not bad. The lady still got it. Made her got a history nonetheless. And then Even SHEN has one! DAMN, man am I glad that he has one. Not really, :( love the twist. It may not have a good ending. But it make up for the best connection to the Shen we know. Keep it up!
Whiteling chapter 6 . 7/22/2011
Oh gosh this is getting freaky. So he's been seeing things?

Aw man, that's so sad! And here I hoped he'd found someone special! :(
Aninat131 chapter 6 . 7/22/2011
Odd. I'm confused, yet I feel like I knew everything that happened. Somehow, I felt like I was in Shen's position, going through everything he did. It interesting feeling. I can say one thing for sure, at least.

I never saw this coming.
Aninat131 chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
Uh oh. That,can't be good.
Arecus. Conberma chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
I'm starting to feel that Shen's old condition begins to come back... Hope I'm wrong. Anyway, nice chap!
Serb chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
Don't tell me the female peacock is a figment of Shen's imagination? The poor guy... :(
Whiteling chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
Wait, they still don't know he's been seeing a girl?

I thought they'd notice!
Aninat131 chapter 4 . 7/20/2011
It's really heartwarming, seeing all this happening. But somehow, it pains me,because we both know how this is going to end...its very sad.
Whiteling chapter 4 . 7/20/2011
Awwwww! His first girlfriend! :)

Want to see more of this plz!