Reviews for Hunter's Syndrome
Mlanie762 chapter 24 . 5/8
I simply fell in love with this story. It was brilliant! I got to say, I sort of saw the loop thing comming, though I didn't think it would end up with them fleeing that way. I thought they could simply change their names in some sort of "protection of witnesses" way, Axel of course cleaning Roxas' life and then just live their lives normaly! Then, back in Axel's original time, they could have set up the contract together! So them actually ending up leaving further in the past is sort of unexpected in a good way! I would have loved to get a glimps of their new life, but I guess it will simply be a part of my imagination! Oh the wonders... hmmm... Anyway! That was an amazing story that have been saved in my favorites! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us and keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 24 . 12/12/2016
That.

Was amazing.

I'm too shy to leave an essay of my feelings for this fic, but you tell the story so fucking good.

That characterization.
It feels so real it hurts a lil.

Keep writing please ;A; it doesnt have to be fanfiction
You'reeee amamamzizinng
Tiasany chapter 24 . 10/27/2016
WOW... what a ride!

I remember trying to read this story when you first posted it, but for some reason I couldn't and when you started updating it again, I confused it with another fanfic (or two, I've read so many :D)... Long story short - I still wasn't going to read it. Then one day I remembered The Unfamiliar (which is btw my favorite fanfic of all time) and I saw this one was finished and... yeah.

The ending is just mindblowing! I love stories about time travel paradoxes, they always leave some questions unanswered, but they're usually so interesting! And this one just takes the cake!

I think I'm already with the person I was meant to live out my life with, so this story and especially Axel's decision in the end really hit me hard. I'm pretty sure I would've done the same if I were in his shoes. Knowing how this one person changed your life and made it so much better... it would be incredibly hard to let that go and condemn future you to a life without them.

You're an incredible author! And even if this fandom has sort of... died, I believe there will be a ressurection when the new games come out, so I hope you'll have more AkuRoku stories to tell in the future! 3

Also, something I've thought about for quite some time (I'm sorry this is getting so long) - an amazing author from the FrostIron fandom published 2 of her fanfics on paperback, of course only at the price it took for them to be made, as we're not allowed to make any profit from fanmade stuf... so would you consider maybe doing the same? :D I, for one, would love to have The Unfamiliar as an actual book. Anyway, it's just a thought. :)

Thank you for reading this and for writing such an incredible story!~
SadisticKittens chapter 24 . 3/6/2016
Wow, this is such a wonderful story. I just could not put it down. You are an amazing author with a very creative mind, I was quite impressed!
kusuri chapter 24 . 9/19/2015
WOW. What a dark and twisted ending o.o LOVED IT! Axel is so flawed and realistic! I was really pulling for him to end the cycle, but he was only human in the end. WOW. Excellent fic. Been following you since middle school and came back to read your fic after graduating college and its STILL sooo goooood!
Dragon Silhouette chapter 24 . 8/2/2015
Oh shoes, I've been meaning to finish reading this (because I fell out of the fandom for a while and have only recently gotten back to it), and now that I have...
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Wha... Wha... Huh...?
My god, THAT ENDING. MY MIND IS BLOWN.

Axel, holding a gun to Roxas' head... I was practically yelling at the text, "AXEL YOU DOLT DON'T KILL THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE." ... And then he doesn't, and that's a relief, and then BOOM! Last chapter, a whirlwind of events that make me go, "... fudge did i just read what i just read."

The thought of Axel actually being the one to send the contract never crossed my mind (because it's not mentioned as much as other things). But... It makes sense! This is why the element of time travel has been incorporated into the story! So that Axel can make that hugely important decision in the end that is just one of the most heartwrenching things I've ever read.

The choice Axel had to make at the end... I'm still wrapping my head around how painful that must've been. If I understand this correctly, this is what will happen if Axel breaks the cycle: Young Axel will grow up, become an assassin, but because Old Axel chose not to leave behind a contract to kill Roxas, Young Axel will never go back in time to try and kill Roxas... therefore letting Roxas live his life in his own timeline without ever meeting Old Axel and therefore never needing to go back 150ish years into the past; and also letting Young Axel continue on with his life never meeting his twu wuv...
The very thought of this scenario breaks my heart... But the thought of Roxas just throwing everything away to live with Axel in a completely different time is just sad. Maybe not completely sad - Axel's there with him - so... bittersweet? Axel, I'm not sure... His actions... I don't know what to think of them! It's incredibly selfish, "destroying Roxas' life to take it for himself," yet... yet... It was for love! Did this story turn me into a hopeless romantic? My feelings are like ASDFGHJKL.

Jeez, why did I read this just as I'm about to go to bed? Now I'm wide awake and am waaayyy too emotionally confused to relax.

Anyway... as you can probably imagine, these last few chapters have been an emotional rollercoaster for me. I LOVE. Not a lot of stories, fanficiton or no, can do that to a person. This is a masterpiece.
apiegohome chapter 24 . 8/1/2015
Fucking hell, what a ride. I never read this story a few years ago when I found it, probably because it was incomplete or I was only interested in pr0ns at the time - possibly both but this was so fantastic, like woah. Blew my mind. This had me guessing right to the end, made me procrastinate like mental and lose sleep haha. I can't believe it's all over! So Axel figures it all out in the end but he can't break the loop because he can't possibly bear not to lead a life where he doesn't meet and fall in love with Roxas? I hope I got that right! So they whirl away to the 1880's and live out the rest of their days? Dude, wildest story. Your brain is amazing. Thanks for writing this, and thanks for finishing it too! Cheers :)
Pas d'Autres chapter 24 . 7/5/2015
Oh gosh, this was such a journey for me. You are one heck of a writer and to be able to pull something like this off? All the intense emotions, the plot, the spot-on characterization, the interactions between everyone... just blew my mind. Thank you for this wonderful story!
drakillya chapter 24 . 6/29/2015
this hurt me on a molecular level. thank you, because i loved every damn second of it
bonjourmeadow chapter 24 . 6/26/2015
HOLY SHIT

I saw that you starting updating this fic again after how many years? and promptly lost my shit. And like 3 days ago I see that it's also fucking completed? AND NOW I've finished this wonderful work?! It's almost unbelievable.

Reading this has been a wonderful experience and by wonderful I mean heart-breaking, intense, and impossible-to-put-down. I'm so happy you decided to return to fanfiction writing even if this is the only story you end up completing for another few years. (People got things to do, I understand). This story truly is amazing and the ending really seals the deal on that.

That being said I'm still confused about the ending. I understand that Axel and Roxas are caught in this cyclical, paradoxical timeline where Axel keeps falling in love with Roxas only to write the contract and fall in love again. But. So the story ends with

"Letting Roxas go free would have to be left to others stronger than he was. If ever there was an Axel who could face it."

and I just I'm just confused as to what you mean about Roxas going free and who you're referring to by "others". Do you mean future Axels? Or the organization? And this Axel is most definitely deciding to whisk Roxas away, right? He kisses Roxas and says sorry but sorry for what? For continiung the cycle and keeping Roxas trapped yet again in the paradox?

As I write this I think it becomes clearer to me but I still want to be sure because I don't want to have any uncertainties as to the ending of this story. It's just too good!
amberlina128 chapter 24 . 6/21/2015
Can I just start by telling you how well thought out and completely incredible this story was? There was not a moment of reading that I wasn't completely engrossed and entirely invested in the moment. Not only that, but your writing style is impeccable, and I would read a full blown novel if I had the opportunity. I've had the privilege of reading two of your stories now: this one, and The Unfamiliar, and both of them have just been so incredible to read. Absolutely keep it up. I look forward to your next AkuRoku masterpiece. :)
pluckthefruit chapter 24 . 6/10/2015
Oh my word that was a beautiful story! I'm pretty sure I unintentionally screamed at it more than once and I absolutely adore that you can draw that sort of emotion out of me. I really love the way you write Axel. He's such a dorky jerk and I can't get enough of him! I've loved every chapter of it, and I was so incredibly happy when you came back to finish it! Thank you for writing and sharing this!
Guest chapter 24 . 5/30/2015
this was a great story. I really loved your characterizations of Axel and Roxas. They were caring and tender and funny. I loved the irony when Axel realized that Roxas had a lot of the control in the relationship but he still the contract had ultimate control, although by then I knew (or thought I did) that Axel wouldn't be able to carry it out.

I'm really glad you started writing again and I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories.
Lightning Sage chapter 24 . 5/17/2015
I had to go back and read this last chapter again because it wasn't all fully sinking in. It's still not totally (in a frustratingly beautiful way).

*SPOILERS*
As soon as Roxas made the comment that the cornerstone lit up when he thought about Axel, that was the moment I realized that there was a good chance Axel was the contractor who ordered the hit. There were a couple of points earlier throughout that I thought it was a possibility but couldn't piece together a motive. But I love how the story left that unanswered until the very end.

I think what confuses me a bit is how Axel and Roxas met in the first place. I know Axel's monologue mentions the possibility of Axel seeing a picture of Roxas in a textbook and being attracted to him, but if Roxas was not important enough to be mentioned by name with regards to the research of the theory, then why would his picture be in the textbook? I understand the current loop/cycle Axel is in, but how did he enter the loop to begin with?
*/SPOILERS*

Another awesome story by you. I am gonna try to read it again sometime and hopefully I can give you better feedback on it after I've read it in a more condensed period.

Last comment: I really appreciate the uniqueness of your plots/settings of your stories. You have such a creative mind and it is so refreshing to read your stories. Your grammar, spelling, etc. is flawless. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Kunoichi21 chapter 24 . 5/17/2015
You. I don't... I can't EVEN.

I am so torn on this ending. And I just... wow. Holy shit. I seriously thought when Axel pulled the gun out that he was going to do it. Kill Roxas. And I almost fucking CRIED.

But then he didn't and I almost cried again because I thought Roxas wouldn't stay with him. Goddamn. You really know how to pull the fucking heartstrings.

But this ending. I feel like it's... incomplete? I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for or not. Also, I'm really fucking tired, so that's not helping me. But yea. This ending didn't bring me any closure. Maybe it's because even though I know they got their "happy ending" in the past... maybe because I can't actively read that happy ending is why I'm so torn? I just... idk. I feel like this story's end was less than what I've come to expect from your writing.

That being said, I am in no way bashing you, your story, or the level of thought and amount of skill it took to put the proverbial pen to paper. I love this story so much my heart breaks. It's just... the ending was not what I thought it would be, based on previous experiences reading your work.

Let me end this review saying that you REALLY know how to tell one hell of a story. God. Damn.