Reviews for The Neutral Zone
tayababy chapter 14 . 9/3/2011
A very fitting ending to a journey of some insanity, and a very personal one at that!

Can't wait to see the next adventure, hopefully on voyager thim time ;)
snow6835 chapter 14 . 9/3/2011
Wow, that was simply amazing. Truly written with such depth and caring that exemplified Tom's beautiful character (and brilliance) that was built on all of his life experiences. Those bits on the tax evasion and conversations with the admirals... hilarious yet filled with justice.

The end there with Miral was such a wonderful little scene wrought with such innocence and acceptance... perfect for Tom! I noticed though that the story hasn't been marked complete... does that mean we're lucky enough to have just a little bit more of this story? Can't wait!
antra chapter 14 . 9/3/2011
Hm, I really thought Tom did it. And I would hve understood it so well...

Nice idea with the tax evasion, they should have learned from Al Capone that you can't evade death and taxes.

Funny thing: the interaction between Janeway, Nechayev, Riker and Tom. You wouldn't believe that Tom is just a Commander the way he talks. But then, Tom Paris is to Janeway like Will Riker is to Picard so it's not so strange that they work on a different level together.

Nice way to bring an element of one of your other stories (Nadoo IV) in. And, of course the bright playhouse for the children
jn2116 chapter 14 . 9/3/2011
Great Story! Will you be continuing where you left off in "In the Moonlight" or jump somewhere else. I would love to keep reading your stories.
bugman62002 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Hello:

This story is absolutely awesome.

Thanks so much for sharing.

And pleasssssse keep them coming.

Cheers

Alan
Runawaymetaphor chapter 13 . 8/29/2011
"There are … certain things that are simply beyond comparison."

However varied the manners of violation in both context and manifestation, the cost of lending voice to one's victimization- whether declaring it to all the world or one lone, understanding soul- is singular in its toll of inner strength, faith in self, and necessary parting with one more degree of privacy.

Such declarations are praiseworthy (though not a duty, as some would have us believe). And reflecting on them, even the most jaded theorist of human affairs can find hope for the future's prospects, no matter the current chaos or surrounding smoke.
Nana Evans chapter 13 . 8/29/2011
Of all stories I've read, this was the only one that made me stare at the screem and the keyboard without knowing what to say. I already expected them to find the councilors on the shuttle, but I never expected to see Tom lose it like this. Really didn't. And that's why I kept staring at the screem, willing the computer to produce more words so I could have the only thing that was on my mind at that moment: Did he kill them? Obviously, it could not answer. So I'll just have to stay here, eagerly waiting for the next one...
jn2116 chapter 13 . 8/29/2011
WOW! What can I say, really good chapter. Can't wait for Chapter 14.
antra chapter 13 . 8/29/2011
Uff. Hard chapter.

Tom never wanted Harry or anyone else to know and then these relevations about his past...

To Chomyn and Burton, well, it's understandable. Who knows what would (or wouldn't) have happened had they brought the ex-counsolers to trial. I imagine they still had lots of contacts.

There is this german saying "Scheiße schwimmt immer oben", translated: shit always swims on the surface, meaning that it doesn't matter what happens, some things or people always end up on top. They certainly were like that.

That doesn't change the fact that they have to think about what to do with their Cardassian prisoners, they could be a usefull well of information
Guest chapter 12 . 8/29/2011
Wow, I am so loving this story! It is really exciting and gets into Tom's feelings about prison without getting all depressing. I'm so glad they found that other prison with the women and children. It was a great surprise that they also had colonists and Maquis there, especially Thomas Riker. I also thought it was great that Tom could use medical training to help a lot of them. Love the whole thing! Thanks for writing!
Jump Highly chapter 12 . 8/28/2011
This line cracked me up:

"I mean, there are degrees of insanity when it comes to this sort of thing, and on the Janeway scale of tactical initiatives this one barely registers."
Nana Evans chapter 12 . 8/28/2011
"Protocol, he unilaterally decided, went out the window the moment his superior officer started to smell like the guy he played hockey with on the holodeck." I laughted out loud with this one...

Good to see O'Reilly was up to the chalenge... and looks like we'll finaly get some answers, right? Wonder who's on that shuttle...

Waiting for the next one!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 12 . 8/28/2011
"On the bridge of the Enterprise, Will Riker had seen that small, triumphant gesture of his First Officer's, as well as the predatory grin spreading on Lieutenant Mike Ayala's face in the background, and Harry Kim's slow and thoughtful nod. He sank back into his chair, let out a slow breath and stroked his beard, silently wondering what he had just unleashed."

There is no greater storm on Earth than that which occurs when the winds of righteous anger can no longer be contained. Whether their power will be channeled into generative pursuits, or else unleashed in a torrent of destruction, can rarely be predicted. Either way, I hear their call clearly in the passage above, the words 'cry havoc' echoing shrilly, like the whistle of compressed air through the snapping branches of trees.
The Quiet Observer chapter 12 . 8/26/2011
Annnndddd...because I suck at remembering to find the time to send feedback on fics that I enjoy...this is me thanking you for another enjoyable chapter. I have been enjoying your story greatly.

Thank you!
antra chapter 12 . 8/26/2011
"But more importantly, if you destroy this shuttle, my Dad will be very angry with you. He's a Very Important Man in Starfleet and will make your life a living hell. Trust me on this."

Nice way to make a girl laugh!

Sadly we do not know if the oscillating shield phasing would have worked, but at least they tried it. They can't be held responsible for the Romulans being that slow.

And the people in the Ares - I look forwad to that interaction. And I absolute adore that Riker gave Tom the go ahead to do whatever he needs
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »