Reviews for The Neutral Zone
antra chapter 12 . 8/26/2011
"But more importantly, if you destroy this shuttle, my Dad will be very angry with you. He's a Very Important Man in Starfleet and will make your life a living hell. Trust me on this."

Nice way to make a girl laugh!

Sadly we do not know if the oscillating shield phasing would have worked, but at least they tried it. They can't be held responsible for the Romulans being that slow.

And the people in the Ares - I look forwad to that interaction. And I absolute adore that Riker gave Tom the go ahead to do whatever he needs
LoreleiZabini chapter 12 . 8/26/2011
Love this. Love this. Love this. Fantastic action writing. Did I mention I love this?
Runawaymetaphor chapter 11 . 8/24/2011
" "Deanna? Of course. She's our ship's Counselor. Wonderful woman, a good friend of mine and my wife's. They've been married for a couple of years now." He stopped at the man's visible, pained reaction – a palpable wince, a holding of breath. Ouch. More story, more things he did not know. "Well, about bloody time he came to his senses," was all Thomas would say, as he handed Tom another refilled hypospray. But his eyes told another story altogether, one that would not be recorded on the PADD that continued to flash silently beside him. "

As pleased as I am when our stories manage to sit side-by-side in the feed, my breath genuinely catches in my chest when I peer into one of your chapters and find an element of human experience that captivated me as well. Not a reflection-never an echo- but a unique embodiment; your own powerfully subtle rendering of the texture of flesh and pain and desire.

P.S. My favorite chapter heading. Of any story, any author.
snow6835 chapter 11 . 8/23/2011
So that's where the Hiroshima crew and others went... glad Tom went down there and got the story out of everyone! And boy is Harry gonna say "I told you so" to Tom... but it was all for a good cause! Can't wait for Will and Deanna's reactions to finding out Thomas is down there.
Nana Evans chapter 11 . 8/23/2011
Sorry I coudn't review in the last chapter, got caught up with the begining of the new semester...

Well, well, well, Thomas Riker... That's something I definetly didn't see coming. 6 stories and lots of chapters and you still susprise me.

Guess it always comes back to politics, right? To think people can treat their own kind so badly just to cover their own mistakes and gain more power is... disturbing. Even more so to think that, sometimes, this fiction is not to far from reality.

At least, here you can make the bad guys actually pay for their sins, something I feel will happen if those ships on the sky don't stop the Enterprise. Weel, if they try, Tom will just have to blow a hole on their hull, right?

Waiting for the next one!
antra chapter 11 . 8/23/2011
I never really thought about the fact that Tom Paris has more common points with Thomas than with Will Riker. But then, that Tom and Will are so different helps them as a team.

Back to the Chapter, even if they can't get them out directly they can give them hope.

And the Doctor would be proud that his student really takes his oath seriously. It just shows that being a medic is always useful even if I imagine that Tom is perhaps the only full medic working as a 2IC on a non-medical ship in the fleet.

And C&B, Chomyn and Burton.

If that is true - and I have no reason to doubt that - the corruption is a lot worse than anyone thought and there have to be serious repercussions for them. How about repercussions that include a spanking new tattoo along their jugular?
Runawaymetaphor chapter 10 . 8/22/2011
"Vorik had initially questioned the legality of the move, but after the Captain informed him in no uncertain terms that the Treaty of Algeron expressly only prohibited the development of such devices by the Federation, but not their use should they … happen to come across one in the field, he had given one of his Vulcan shrugs and set to work."

I know you're scratching your head that I'm picking this paragraph to reference- I KNOW it. But my dark laughter at the Vorik/Riker exchange was such that it deserved comment. And Riker, of all people, commenting on the legality of cloaking devices. . . Nice TNG reference. And characteristically devilish.
snow6835 chapter 10 . 8/20/2011
Whoa! Thomas Riker! Was definitely not expecting him to show up! Good to see the Hiroshima survivors settling in and hope Deanna can help them a bit in recovering all that they've lost. Wonder what's gonna happen next!
antra chapter 10 . 8/20/2011
Thomas Riker, well, that is certainly a surprise.

So, a minimal security prison for Maquis.

I'm wondering a bit how much less safer Ulak 6 it is that the romulans considered it necessary to go to the length of keeping the fleeters somewhere else

Looking forward to the interaction of the Rikers
tayababy chapter 10 . 8/20/2011
Ok, I'm confused. His captain Will Riker, or someone else?

Otherwise, glad we're making headway on the prisoners and the planet as a whole
Nana Evans chapter 9 . 8/19/2011
Now that he's back o the ship save and sound, I want to thank you for sparing the poor guy that visit to the Cardies...just sorry that we didn't get to see Talar's face when all his human prisioners vanished right before his eyes...

Curious to know how the Hiroshima's crew is going to react to the sudden change of scenerio, and eager to see Admiral Janeway in action...

Oh, and I simply loved Miral's welcome to her Daddy...surely it was what he needed to hear at the moment.

waiting for the next one!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 9 . 8/19/2011
"He broke off again, this time to cast a challenging look at Jorak, whose jaw was firmly set, and to provide emphasis in what was already a rather lengthier and more impassioned speech than Tom was used to giving. "And quite possibly they're also dealing with the Cardassian Union, given how many of their citizens are down there. Cardassians who were brought to Mokan by a Federation-registered vessel, if you can believe what they told the Hiroshima guys. Call me paranoid, but to me this whole thing smells of corruption or dirty politics at a strategically meaningful level. And the last time we lifted a rug on that sort of thing, with my father's help, some rather interesting dust bunnies turned up." "

It is my experience that even the largest, ugliest dust bunnies tend to disappear (as if by the magic of a one-way transport device) back under rugs. I sympathize with Tom's impassioned-if uncharacteristic- lashing out. And moreover, hope that whatever he unearths stays squarely in the bright, harsh light of day.
snow6835 chapter 9 . 8/18/2011
Yay! So glad he made it back to the ship ok and such a sweet reunion clip of him and Miral. Interesting that Deanna couldn't read him though which definitely makes her job harder! Pretty ironic too that Harry and B'Elanna are now backing Tom in finding out what's going on... are you foreshadowing a guest appearance of Adm. Janeway? Can't wait to find out what happens!
antra chapter 9 . 8/17/2011
I shouldn't say I was right, but hey, I was right.

It will be interesting to see how the Hiroshima survivors will react. That is certainly an sudden change.

And I look forward to interaction between Tom and Janeway once they have info for her, and Riker seeing them working together. We know he took Paris after a talk with Janeway but he didn't see the two of them together before.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, first they have to find more on Ulak 6
tayababy chapter 9 . 8/17/2011
Good to read you again, I've missed this little adventure we're going on. The vegetable sounds intriguing, which seems to be my favorite word regarding this adventure, and I'm looking forward to bringing Kathryn janeway into the mix ;)
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »