Reviews for The Neutral Zone
Runawaymetaphor chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
"As the bile from the disruptor's hard impact on his gut rose in his throat and he started to double up with pain, Tom's last conscious thought was that whoever was in the transporter room of the Enterprise would probably not be ready for an armed Romulan – no more than that armed Romulan had been for the sudden attack from behind."

Unpleasant are the pains that take us completely by surprise. But scarier than those are the ones we are intimately acquainted with, their patient forms our thoughts' constant companions as we try, little by little, to put distant between ourselves and the past.

I, for one, am relieved Tom only got an abrupt disruptor to the gut. And I have no doubt that the crew of the Enterprise will deal with what's to come. Even if it isn't a contingency they planned for.
starburst chapter 8 . 8/12/2011
This is a terrific story. Just great writing. Please keep going, and don't stop with this one.
Nana Evans chapter 8 . 8/12/2011
"What kind of man would willingly risk his life, his physical and mental integrity like that for the sake of others?" if he dared to ask this to B'Elanna, I think her words would be "You, you idiot!"

I knew someone would pick up on that "for Kahless sake"... and of the thousand things that could give him up, Captain Proton was my last guess.

Curious to know how are they going to handle the Romulan guard on the ship, and just how is the Federation involved in this mess.

waiting for the next one!
antra chapter 8 . 8/12/2011
Now is the moment to appreciate that Jorak is a paranoid Vulcan and totally prepared for unwelcome guests hitching the beam.

And, of course, that sickbay is on standby to patch everything back together

But then, Tom will need to be patched up so he is 100 percent when B'Elanna decides to tear him a new one after he is back and everything is well again
Nana Evans chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
Untill now nothing really bad happened, but I don't think it's going to stay like this for long. I'm betting in Tom getting himself into trouble to discover what happened in Ulak 3.

And he'd better what his mouth, somehow I don't think it's comum to hear humans calling Kahless' name. It might raise suspicions.

Oh, "Rain, Hot and Really Hot" sounds just like the seasons here... add some dry bushes and you have the Brazilian Northeast. Poor, poor guys.

waiting for the next one!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
"As he stood there in the illuminated night, allowing his mind to reach into and absorb this place that he had been sent to investigate, it struck Tom as mildly curious that with all the advances of prison technology the old standbys such as floodlights, razor wire and perimeter patrols seemed to cross cultures, and prevail even as far as the Neutral Zone. Or maybe it was all just about symbolic trappings, like the oak paneling in court rooms, the blue or green of surgical gowns, the black uniforms of security personnel, the ripping off of a pip to signify supreme displeasure?"

It amazes me that whenever a chapter of this story appears on my screen, I think- yet again- that you've presented a set of images so masterful as to be your best to date. And I know (with a kind of haunting feeling), that hours later, when my laptop is powered off and sitting closed in another room, I will be troubled by the oppressive heat that clings to me in my air conditioned loft. My ears filling with the faint sound of distant insects; a continuous buzzing in a darkness so black as to pervade all things.
snow6835 chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
And the intrigue builds! Great chapter that sets things up a bit more. Glad Tom's been able to gather even more intel, now if only more answers could be provided... and wonder what's been happening on the Enterprise since Tom left? I can just imagine B'Elanna definitely not being happy at all and the rest of the crew on edge. Update soon please!
antra chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
I wondered what would happen if the Ares came back while Tom is still there. The arrival of a Federation prisoner after all this years would be a topic to discuss when they are visited by somebody belonging to the Federation.

It would propably be a good idea if Tom wasn't there anymore when that happened
tayababy chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
I don't remember how often I've been reviewing, but this is still awesome and intriguing as usual. Maybe an interlude on the ship is in order...?
snow6835 chapter 6 . 8/5/2011
Alright, well so far at least it's not as bad as I'm sure it'll get... those poor guys that Tom found... hope he can get them all out!
Nana Evans chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
I don't know what would be worse: if the Federation knows about this place and left those officers to rot or if it's some kind of Romulan ploy against the Federation. I think it's the first... but then, not all the brass would know about this, I mean, I can't see Picard agreeing with this. Either way, I'm curious about what happened to the rest of the crew. Still alive rotting in some other prison? Who knows... guess only you.

I'll just ask you one tiny little thing: don't send Tom to the Cardies. the guy have already gone through enough in his life. Give him a break.

ahh, thanks for the birthday present (though I know it was big coincidence you posted today). I guess the expression is "the icing of the cake".

wating for the next one!
antra chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
Cute, the Romulans allow the most heat affected species they have a little more protection so that they don't have to look after them.

As far as prisons go I'm positively surprised: it could be so much worse. OK, knowing Tom he will do something to get in Ulak 3 to this ominous scientist but, as said, it could be worse
Runawaymetaphor chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
"... I do not keep track of prisoners' charges or convictions, provided there are any, whom they might have offended, or of any other reasons they might be here. Suffice it to say, whatever you did has made you … unpopular in certain circles, but insufficiently so to make you into a candidate for outright execution. Or perhaps there has been a calculation that you would be more trouble dead than alive, and may need to be procured some day. Personally I do not understand these qualms, but then I am not a politician. "

The most chilling paragraph you've ever written. And no doubt, because it all rings deeply and horrifyingly true of the balance of justice and politics.
J chapter 5 . 8/1/2011
I second Runaway- or do you prefer Ms. Metaphor?- in her comments.

And with a deep breath I tally how many times I've failed to be B'Elanna.
sha-silvie chapter 5 . 7/30/2011
Thank you for writing and sharing all your Stories here. I love all of them...I just wanted to tell you (so i had to "sign up" first) ;-)
82 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »