Reviews for Last Thoughts
NoShippingInPolitics chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
This is interesting. When I read it, though, I thought she did mean to do it. She wasn't a killer before, but she has enough reason to have a vendetta against the human race. I think she wouldn't be repentant. Sickened, self-reproachful, maybe, but I don't think she would be repentant.
Her opinion of Jimmy, however I agree with. Jimmy was too much a child for her to be with, but too pure for her to be away from. Crake and Jimmy are polar opposites, but I think that is why she could never leave one for the other. She needed both halves to make herself whole, even as she knew it hurt her and them.
I like it :)
Admiralkirk chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I like the idea of Oryx's last thoughts but I think Oryx wouldn't like Crake as much as you portrayed (But believe what you want I don't judge. PS I too had to read this in English class and I got crazy over it) In my opinion I think she's feel sorry for Jimmy more too because I think she knew Crake never loved her it was only to get Jimmy to come aboard. I think she actually loved Jimmy but could never do anything and knew that Jimmy would be left behind so she didn't want him to have any more greif then he already would have since he loved her and not thinking "We could have been happy we were about to be together" I's hard to explain but I feel she would regret leaving Poor Jimmy behind to literally live with the regret of helping the human race die. Also one last thing I think Oryx was already dead when they reached Jimmy that's why she couldn't move and looked basically dead when they arrived and Crake just slit her throat to make Jimmy kill him. Sorry for the long review this story has a lot of mystery in the plan and a lot of different opinions from different people. Good fic is actually what I wanted to say. I also realize you may not be on the site anymore so I may be wasting my words.
VanillaMostly chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Gasp! I love this. Me too, Oryx and Crake is sort of a school summer reading book (though it wasn't required... but I picked it up and read it anyway). After I finished I was all like WHAT, MUST HAVE MORE. Reading the companion book TYOF wasn't satisfying enough cuz it didn't explain enough about what Oryx or Crake were really thinking. So I turned to fanfiction! And thank God there was a fanfic like this! hahaha.

I like the way you wrote Oryx's POV... it fits pretty well with canon. And though i know it's wrong, I kinda like Oryx and Crake together better than JimmyOryx. Jimmy's too "pure" for Oryx lol like you said.