Reviews for The Brave and the Vulnerable
Beautifully written! This is one of the best intimate scenes I've ever read, anywhere.
AlexDuggan chapter 11 . 2/2
Incredible!
In my head this is how the story really played out.
I will continue to read this story again and again.
MyLittleElphie chapter 11 . 9/12/2014
Such a wonderful story! I have read it at least three times now but my brain is so forgetful that I dread the end every time only remembering that there is no need when I actually read it lol
Out of all trip-to-the-EC stories this is by far the most amazing one!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/14/2014
This was really, really well done. Perhaps uneven in parts, but it really fleshed out that Glinda-Elphaba dynamic and even deepened it. I also appreciate how you wrote Nessarose into the story, as how she and Glinda turned to each other "after" Elphaba has always interested me.
Marshmallow19 chapter 11 . 4/4/2013
Amazing story
Greyella chapter 11 . 3/11/2013
Beautiful. No other word for this than that. Utterly charming and heartbreaking...and then affirming. Lovely.
LolaVerdigris chapter 11 . 11/3/2012
Fantastic ending! Loved your Elphaba and Galinda! Especially Galinda giving Elphaba a taste of what it felt like to be left behind. Well done!
nirky chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
I didn't enjoy this story as much as I did "The Thrill, Basis Determined", but it was still quite the pleasant ride. :) I did feel that the ending was a bit rushed, though. Either way, I must tell you I'm one of those people that completely despised the random overuse of "I love you" in fics, but it made so much sense in yours... It felt true and it made me feel things, made me wish to be loved like that. Good job. :)
Khaleda chapter 11 . 9/13/2012
I read this story in its entirety and loved it to pieces.

Any complaints I have are purely craft/mechanics in nature, and nothing to the point that it deterred me from ravishing this, chapter by chapter. Seeing as how this is a completed work and I'm sure you've other things to do besides editing fanfiction, I'll keep it short. Trim down the adverbs a bit. In some places, a lot. Too many words in a sentence can draw away from the power of what you're trying to say. And in Elphaba's case, it's the things not spoken that ring the loudest. I also noticed you have a habit of placing commas in strange places, and leaving them out where they're needed. These habits are easily fixed and nothing to worry over. You possess the most important talent and writer needs: the ability to tell a story.

The plot was believable and not overly complicated. The dialogue fit well with both the book and musical, easy to follow and a delight to read. Glinda's character matured through the piece in an unexpected and refreshing way. Your descriptions of Elphaba were wonderful, and filled in the lack of her POV. Here's an example from this chapter:

"The door opened and Elphie entered, head down with her back to Glinda as she closed the door behind her. Then she slumped against it, resting her forehead there and raising an arm to smack her hand against the wood."

When I first read Maguire's book, a little part of me died at the end of the trip to the Emerald City. At Elphaba's fear, frustration, need to divorce herself from any and all love. Sufficed to say, I was quite pleased when I stumbled across your story. You're a good writer, and I hope you continue to do just that.

-Khaleda
A.W.Blake chapter 11 . 7/11/2012
This story was awesome! When I first read the title, I thought Glinda was the Vulnerable and Elphaba the Brave, but that it was complitely the opposite, I would have never guessed.
I think it was also really interesting to see the progress the two had made on their journey.
Really good job! I liked it a lot :)
My pretty 22 chapter 11 . 6/7/2012
Ugh your writing is perfect!
Mypretty22 chapter 4 . 6/6/2012
I feel like I am still reading Maguire's novel, only it's even better because of the subject. Great writer. Finally found fanfiction that's not cheap literature. Keep up the good work.
Ledilettant chapter 11 . 10/9/2011
D'un passage de 3 lignes de l'oeuvre originale tu as fait 11 magnifiques chapitres, encore bravo.
Darcyless chapter 11 . 10/8/2011
Very well written! Believable- but still true to the book
xylot3 chapter 11 . 9/25/2011
My eyes are leaking, I love it. Eeee, they're both so... gah. Words cannot articulate the awesomeness of this story! And the ending! So perfect.