Reviews for Lovebirds
Random Ruth chapter 12 . 6/14/2014
This is a beautiful scene. Really. :)
mb64 chapter 12 . 8/12/2012
Very nice drabble story. It is amazing how much emotion and love you showed in so few words. :)
ccase13 chapter 12 . 4/5/2012
Poor Mary, her future was always surrounded by the fight against evil.
Woman of Letters chapter 12 . 11/2/2011
The last line of this story really made the story sing - the comparison of the hope that John gives her, the normalcy that she feels with him, to the bird in the pendant.
Woman of Letters chapter 10 . 11/2/2011
This chapter is kind of bittersweet, because I wonder if Mary ever did tell him about her past.
Woman of Letters chapter 9 . 11/2/2011
I like the transition between John's sweet message and his view of her to Mary's realization that he doesn't really know her well at all, that the secrets she's keeping are a barrier between them.

The quote from Mary is perfect in this context.
Woman of Letters chapter 8 . 11/2/2011
I have the urge to look up your quotes!

Nice contrast between the "smooth and sweet" message from John and his jagged scrawl - and the brusque stand-offish Marine with the man she now knows and loves.
Woman of Letters chapter 7 . 11/2/2011
It's the details here that carry the story forward, that make you feel how special the simple note is to Mary. The color of the paper, the way she holds it close, the description of John's "trademark scrawl; each letter sharp and jagged and rushed."
Woman of Letters chapter 6 . 11/2/2011
"whatever that stuff is" - cute line.

Fun interaction between Mary and John here; I loved the laughing, the way he tries to distract her from his struggles.
Woman of Letters chapter 5 . 11/2/2011
A nice thread in this story is the connection between the silver pendant and the ring he's eventually going to get her. Also her asking him to help her even though she obviously didn't need it - a nice touch here.
Woman of Letters chapter 4 . 11/2/2011
Nice start to this chapter - the unspoken words that were heard by him.

Also nice segue into John's thoughts and the way he feels about Mary.
Woman of Letters chapter 3 . 11/2/2011
I loved the way you flustered John here, and the sound effect of the plate clattering sort of echoing his uncertainty.
Woman of Letters chapter 2 . 11/2/2011
I like the way you go into Mary's thoughts while keeping the action with the chain going.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
An interesting experiment. I loved the idea of the silver bird pendant and the chain as symbolic of their love - that they were tied together, that she's already dreaming of the children they would have.
CeCe Away chapter 12 . 8/16/2011
These are so sweet, yet bitter because we know what's going to happen.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »