Reviews for The Dark Lords Strike Back
PoorEiM chapter 4 . 9/4
I enjoyed the first story immensely. This sequel, not as much. But, positives first. I enjoyed Beneda and Soap's recruitment journey. It's odd in hindsight for fan fiction to open with a long chapter focusing almost entirely on OCs. But I didn't mind it.

The action sequences were once again well detailed. Even if they were more gruesome this time. (ham-fisted segue, I know)

I get the reasons for the dark tonal shift from the last story, but it was still jarring for me.

I also wasn't fond of how most of the final chapter only served to set up the next story. It felt like it was dragging this story long past the point where it seemed like it should've ended. I get that this story was but an interlude. But I think it would've worked better to have a short epilogue chapter instead, and saved the rest of the events for a prologue to the next story.
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 8/12
dang, and here I thought that everyone being alive again would tone down the drama
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 8/12
dang this got depressing, but I kind of hope it doesnt get retconned
noddwyd chapter 4 . 5/7
Nice. Serenity is cool as always. Best character, really. Well except the ones that depict her as a misandrist despot. Yuck. Not the biggest fan of Akane, but well done.
beamknight87 chapter 4 . 9/15/2017
Geez, talk about disregarding the usual wacky atmosphere for a super grim, dark and serious mood. The whole massive battle was freaking intense, being the main highlight Ranma delivering the equivalent to a goddamn tactical nuke and wiping out almost all the enemy forces in a single go.

The fact that everyone's sacrifices are unmade by literal magic is kinda hard to swallow, but I guess that's the whole point due to the SM crossover, as the girls do not even know what happened to allow them to carry out their duty.

Still, the end was just plain brutal. You made you point across, being Ryoga is suffering, both physically and emotionally (seriously, all the punishment he received in part one was ridiculous, but that seemed tame compared to Akari and Kuno of all people utterly crushing him). I can't help but to feel real bad for him. I just hope you make up for him somehow in part two.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/7/2017
Woaw only consciously noticed but you actually set it up in such a way that they won't have access to any overpowered little gnomes.
Except for Happousai...
I wonder if he's going to show up in part 2 and actually do something useful.

Thank you for writing this.
kabs9000 chapter 3 . 2/12/2017
Absolutely amazing
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 12/3/2016
there are probably a lot of crossover references here that i'm missing
Guest chapter 4 . 9/19/2016
Chapter 3 never fails to move me to tears
Chapter 4 shows that most things will turn out all right
Not everything, but more than enough to make it worthwhile
Brenden chapter 4 . 2/9/2016
Goodwork
Grovtech chapter 4 . 12/27/2015
It was all a dream sorta kinda, but it was also real, a rewind. This is epic and so in the style of the programs.

Really good and so very intense. Those battle scenes were as good as they got!
Good Stuff!
i like cheese chapter 4 . 9/29/2015
a god damnit, that's just bullshit.
and finally when akane was dead too you went and retconed it all.
DrBigFish chapter 4 . 8/26/2015
Well that fucking sucks. Don't get me wrong, love the story so far, but holy shit that's a downer
Faraway-R chapter 4 . 6/7/2015
Man, sucks to be Ryoga.
Faraway-R chapter 3 . 6/7/2015
That battle with Beryl was truly epic!