Reviews for The Dark Lords Strike Back
Maximara chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
I never liked the whole memoryhistory reset at the end of the first season of Sailor Moon - if the Ginzuishou was THAT powerful then why did the Moon Kingdom have to die? Furthermore the huge number of grandfather paradoxes and internal inconsistencies that exist in the series as a whole makes the ending suspect.

Never mind the power creep in Sailor Moon is pretty ridiculous (Sailor Saturn is a living Death Star and things go up from there.) I took the tack of dealing with the insane power levels at the start and explaining why that can't use them right off the bat-they don't know enough. But this fanfic seems to set Ranma on the path of becoming Goku Jr. by the time Sailor Galaxia and that is not a good thing.
Guile chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
The fighting scenes were good, but it just wasn't as 'Ranma-y' as your last fic. Or, well, maybe that's not right; it's Jusendo Ranma rather than 'I have a clever/stupid plan' Ranma.

So the sequel... Ail and Ann, maybe?
quickshot0 chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
Pretty neat plot wise, you certainly managed to work out the details and have things make even more sense like this. I can't really think of anything right away where I'd say it didn't make sense at all, is impossible or wouldn't happen, nor can I really think of any plot holes at the moment... The thing that stands out the most I guess is that now dead Queen still had enough power to transport Ranma, that's probably the most speculative of the entire thing... Though it does explain why he was at the final battle and no one else made it.
RyougaZell chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
I'm speechless. I can't put unto words what I'm thinking. This chapter was just... perfect... simply... perfect.
Zealot of Reading chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
Why? Please, for all that is holy, why? You wrote your best damn chapter yet, everything was very intense, characterization spot on, the battle realistic! And then! THEN! You simply HAD to resurrect everybody! Damn it, why?
yog chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
When discussing this chapter on SpaceBattles, may people said that it was a canon rehash, albeit a very awesome canon rehash. I cannot agree with this - Usagi SURVIVED (bold letters) and seems to have retained her memories, perhaps even her memories of Ranma saving her. This alone, is a very important divergence.

The other part is that Ranma (perhaps due to being the last one standing) also seems to have retained at least some memories. This can only mean one thing - LEVEL GRINDING! Because let's face it - Ranma just saw the best and most powerful of his friends/rivals slaughtered. He won't let the history repeat itself. If I has any grasp on his character, he'll train till he drops and then some more - start using pressure point technques to unlock his potential (like finding the master who drew the mark of the battle god on Ryoga and persuading him to teach it to Ranma, then painting it on himself and using shadow incense for clone training / painting it on Ryoga and sparring with him), start learning all techniques he can get his hands on (he will, at least, learn bakusai tenketsu), start inventing techniques, perfect the sealed schools and unseal them.

Oh, and teach Akane and others (including Kuno) what he can. Because no matter how much he may dislike them, he doesn't want to see them die again.

At least, this is my understanding of the logical way this would proceed.

And besides, to even feature on Senshi radar, Ranma and Co. have to grow exponentially stronger.
Spica75 chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
Quite a magnificent chapter.

Sure the end might be predictable for those who knows SM canon, but that doesnt lessen the excellent writing that brought it all together.
HakumeiJin chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
The sheer epicness of this chapter has blown me away completely. I can't believe how much the deaths affected me even knowing that all of it would be reset in the end.

The desperate attacks of the fighters from both sides were incredible and Kuno was Incredible, even though he is normally a character I find meaningless/useless you somehow managed to make me nearly cry at his death and he was actually still in character even during that.

And while there were so many other characters that also had awesome last stands I have to say Ranma was the best. That desperate last attack and finally having lost everything being ready to give up his own life force to save Sailor Moon ... it really just brought this whole thing somewhere magnitudes higher than the canon of either series. Even though the Sailor Senshi were able to do all this alone this way seems so much better and more believable. And to think that this is just an interlude... Keep up the good work. It doesn't matter how much we wait if you can create stuff like this in that time.
Scarmagista chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
Epic.

I do hope that Beneda wasn't destroyed by the Ginzuisho, she had far to much development to just be thrown away.

Will Ranma's life force being used within the Ginzuisho have any lasting effects on him other than keeping his memories? What kind of effects will dealing with war and death have on his personality?

Also, how far back in time are they? Is it some point during R1/2 canon that will be rehashed with a more competent and/or distorted Ranma? Could it even be near the beginning of the series, just before everything gets truly crazy? If Ranma ends up being sent back over a year, will his grades in Furinkan be improved over what he remembers?

And will Usagi seek out the dark lords of Nerima or her mysterious saviour?

You had some of the most incredible war scenes that I have ever seen in fanfiction. I remember HIVEMinded having a damn good fight scene, but the 'anyone can die' feel of yours put it head and shoulders above SlayerAnderson's work.

Kuno's Death scene was particularly poignant, and I was glad that you had him come to a realization, rather than making him an outright idiot to the end like some others do.
Skye Silverwing chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
When Ryoga died, I had a feeling that something like that would fix everything. There are only a few questions left. First is if everyone that died in the battle was brought back. Second is if anyone other than Ranma recalls events. Third is if Beneda is still alive and cursed to be human. Fourth, is at what point the Senshi will remember the Dark Lords of Nerima and encounter them again. An excellent battle as always. Great job.
jklugh chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
Fuck

That was fantastic.

I know that authors like to have a bit of feed back, not just blanket praise, but good god damn that was spectacular. From Ryouga's charge,Kuno's fight,Beryl's feelings, the fiancees'stand, Ranma's actions in the cavern and after he woke up, Plus all the bits that I have not mentioned.

This is damn near pitch perfect.

I look forward to the next chapter, Thanks for writing.
Nysk chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
Awesome.
Hirushoten chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
Oh my god that was wild! I just couldn't stop reading! I remember a long time ago when I saw the Sailor Moon anime where they go fight Beryl and always thought about where the other part of the youma army was, this made sense. I sorta figured that everyone would be brought to life in the end (please don't let this be the end) but the way it was done was unexpected. Also adding the queen gave the story a sort of somber third person view feeling to it. So what would the next step be? Are you going to involve the outers too? Anyway I just finished reading the chapter so I'm all giddy but in short I want to say good job and support for future readings.
A Bibliophile chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
This was brilliant. I couldn't stop reading as the stakes of the battle grew higher and higher and more and more fantastic characters were torn apart. This story has been a fantastic read, from beginning to end. Thank you, for writing this.
urfan chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
no way that's where it's ending.

come on.

Amazing kickass ending though. Ranma the Destroyer. Very bad ass. I also like heroic Ryoga too. That's a hell of a hard core way to go.
298 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »