Reviews for The Dark Lords Strike Back
The Last Z Fighter chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Very interesting start. It seems they're gathering all the forces together for a military campaign. I have to say though, this has a smaller chance of working without modern military. Air support, ground troops and artillery among other things will go a long way of helping. Of course, someone would have to prove said threat but I'm surprised no one has tried to get the world leaders in.

At least the U.S.A. and the U.K. and such. I know Japan doesn't have the forces it has in the past but it has something. If they do get on it(likely unless all the enemy forces are small they Will eventually notice) then please make sure some research is done if you don't already know. All too often in fiction modern forces are treated like a joke, even against an enemy they have a fair chance against.

Anyway, in regards to this chapter, its interesting and more of a set up to things to come. I am dissapointed Ryouga seems to be going to end up with Akari instead of Beneda but those are the breaks. Keep up the good work, I'll come back to read up on this later.

-The Last Z Fighter
Shinkicker chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Amg! Yay a new dark lords! Heh this is different to what I read on FukuFics but very cool nonetheless.

Looking forward to seeing how things play out. Now that they have detonate signs of metal moving. It'll be interesting to see the different groups working together. I was still kinda hoping for Beneda to be interested in Ryoga romantically. Though I guess an infatuation with Tofu makes sense since be is with her everyday giving her a positive purpose.

I like the little Mage elder. So much amusing angsty potential.
Sir Godot chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Yes! I've been waiting for this Looks like half of China will be mobilized once the battle starts... It promises to be interesting

Keep up the good work,

Final-Fan chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I must say I disagree with GSirius. Since considerable time has passed, it is pretty believable that close interaction (living with & apprenticed to) the doctor would influence her pretty strongly, not "out of nowhere". Overall, IMO your objections would be valid if the story proceeded directly from its predecessor, but it does not: there is time in between. I expect this to be handled by flashbacks or characters reminiscing, and they simply haven't taken place yet as it's only the first chapter.

I am also fairly bewildered that you seem to object to Tofu's being suddenly more central a role, when it was pretty clear at the end of TDLoN where Beneda was going to be.

I will, however, admit that it seems odd to have skipped so far ahead, when I think it's fair to say we all thought we'd see Ranma and Ryoga (or maybe just girl-Ranma) doing covert watching and possibly supporting of the Senshi, which may or may not blow up in everyone's faces. It strikes me as a possibility that this first chapter could be followed by a "3 months ago..." that takes us up to the first chapter again ... I can't decide if that would be a dirty trick or not. Anyway, I guess we'll find out.
Nanya chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Well, THIS is going to be interesting, that's for sure.

I have no clue what to say but...

Massive Army, a go go!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/19/2011

This isn't a bad chapter, don't get me wrong. I don't have any negative critique about it in a bubble. My complaints are on the matter of plotting. I don't like that you've skipped ahead to the end of the Ranma 1/2 canon and the rest of the Dark Kingdom arc for Sailor Moon. At the end of the Dark Lords of Nerima, I wanted to see more and how things changed. This feels like a basic cheapening of what happened in that story, just assuming canon in both went along more or less on the rails. It violates my basic sense of cause and effect as a reader.

Things happened, things should change. I don't like the tendency to try and re-rail it to canon and assume everything continues on as it should. I guess what I'm saying is that it feels off here. I dunno.
KingVoodoo chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
huh...I thought Beneda would go after Ryouga...huh...
IOException chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Sweet! I was shocked and pleased to see this second book come out so early after the first. Loved Beneda's power upgrade! In the first she was more a maiden in distress but not anymore. Great character development. Can we hope to see the other inner senshi?

And question: don't youma bleed (green if I recall from the anime)? Dust is for only when they die.
Feldoran chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I just read through the first half of your story, kept me up all night reading it, and I just have to say wow that was one of the best reads I've ever found on this sight. The action was great, the situations that came up made me laugh incredibly hard and I was genuinely caught off guard and surprised by some things. I must say thank you for that wonderful story and I hope that this one can develop into something just as great!

Keep up the great work and please update again in the near future!
lord Martiya chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
So... It resumes. Just a question: in the Sailor V manga, Minako had been in China for a brief period. Is there any chance for her to know the Joketsuzoku?
Unsigned chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I missed this fic. Keep it up and all 'at!
Hyp3rB14d3 chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Woo! The Dark Lords Strike Back finally begins! I can't wait to see how this turns out!
recyclablefoxx chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
wow, I love how you make the threat of the Negaverse and Metellia much more real and terrifying than the way the actual Sailor Moon series presented it. I look forwards to reading what you write next :)
Sargon Dorsai chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Yay! The next arc of the story is out. I am a big fan of the original and am looking forward to seeing how this one develops. Even though I'm not a fan of Ranma/Akane. At least there hasn't been much focus on the relationships in this story.

The scenes with the gathering of the allies was nice to read. Can't wait for the next update.
WanderingStarmaster chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Welcome back. I've been looking forward to this for a while.

Not wasting any time setting up the premise, are you? Looks like you got a good start going.

Since this is after the Ranma storyline, I take it this story will have even more outrageously overblown antics and battles than the last one, right?

Anyway, I look forward to the next part. Don't keep us waiting.
305 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »