Reviews for The Dark Lords Strike Back
Mel chapter 4 . 11/12/2012
Augh. Here I was hoping for more fun and humor, and then comes chapter three like a punch in the gut. D: I know full well how that fight ends in Sailor Moon, and yet I was all kinds of weepy anyway from the moment Ryoga started down that hallway! ;_; Don't let the tears fool you, though; I really enjoyed this story too!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
Poor Lost Boy, though to be honest it I think might work for the better this way... Tofu being a lost cause and all that is.
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 4 . 7/17/2012
Sorry for such an abominably late review. I just never really got around to doing it. But anyway: Excellent chapter, with great fight scenes, wonderful details, very well written. I really, REALLY like how the Nerima Wrecking Crew, having recovered their memories, have maintained their bonds forged through fighting alongside each other in the defense of earth. I really like how they're now good comrades, and possibly even friends. Keep up the great work!
Fellow Programmer chapter 4 . 6/20/2012
I've been following your story for a while, and just want to say that both your story and technical writing skills are amazing. The way you write fight scenes is particularly awe inspiring. You have just the right amount of build-up and execution to turn a great fight into an epic one. Throughout all of this, you've managed to preserve a large amount of the kookiness and characterization of the original series, to great comic effect. If you don't have any published works, I'd highly recommend trying your hand at it, because this story is better than the vast majority of books published today.
psychicshipping chapter 4 . 6/6/2012
You have a gift. I can't wait until the next 'Dark Lords' comes from you.
Ashleythetiger chapter 4 . 4/28/2012
ahhh a happy end...

well till ryoga... dang poor ryoga... kuno really? dang...

pls write more?

i think another part is coming?

is it?

again poor ryoga...
Author Roy chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
This is an absolute work of art, and I find myself wanting more every time I read it. You definitely have the skill of a professional, and the creativity to match. Thank you for sharing this with us.
SirRealism chapter 4 . 4/24/2012
I thought for sure this would be an epilogue, but I'm glad its not.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/20/2012
Well I guess it's a satisfying ending for an interlude. I'm hoping that Ryoga and Mousse won't be left as they are though since this chapter was pretty hard on them and Ranma isn't really about tragic stories. I like how you handled the memory loss thing as well I'd never really thought about what exactly happened with the resurrection when I first watched Sailor Moon. Looking forward to the next part.
chimmon chapter 4 . 4/16/2012
Some nice things happened in this chapter. I liked Kuno's continued development, but I feel really bad for Ryouga. I hope the next story is nicer to him.

It's a shame that Cologne left. Whatever misunderstanding is going to creep up between the Sailor Scouts and Ranma probably could be adverted by her. It is Ranma's fate to have these things happen though.
chimmon chapter 3 . 4/15/2012
That was a great ending/beginning - which I'm assuming mirrors the events in the cannon Sailor Moon universe.

Kuno's death was very moving. In his deluded mind he was always a hero, so it was nice to have him act like that at the end. The final realization that he had was quite bittersweet.

Beryl's POV was also nice. (And I just realized that Beryl is probably a play on Betrayal.) Her knowledge that what she had done was evil, but being spurned on my jealousy was a believable motivation.

I was glad to see Ranma use his trump card. I had actually expected him to use it in the first story. Ironically when he did use it I was expecting him to use Ryouga's Ultimate Shi Shi Hokodan instead or some variant thereof.

All in all it was a very good fight, with some excellent highlights. I am curious as to how Mousse fared during the battle. I think he was the only character that was unaccounted for.

Looking forward to the next chapter and the reset.
chimmon chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Of all the people for Beneda to have a crush on, Dr. Tofu is probably the best. Using her energy draining skill as an attack is a nice natural progression of her powers. It's nice to see her getting along with the elders.
sandcrawlr chapter 4 . 4/13/2012
Great chapter man. Look forward to the next part. Definitely one of my favorite Ranma stores / sagas. Keep up the writing.
Gibelyou chapter 4 . 4/9/2012
Poor Ryoga. I suppose something had to go horribly wrong, I just hope you let him find some happiness.

I'm thinking About where you might go from here. The doom tree thing was pretty low key, but there was a lot of giant crystals and a spaceship in the black moon. Eagerly looking forward to your next installment. Oh, and the obligatory foreknowledge that is chibi needs to know who they really are and help out without the senshi realizing. If they are going to run the dark lords scam again anyways. Chibi would think it is a wonderful joke to play in her mother.

I think you have found a food story, and are telling it well. Keep up the good work!
Thurhame chapter 4 . 4/9/2012
Interesting take on the crystal; I was under the impression that it just suppressed memories related to the Sailor Senshi and the war with the Dark Kingdom.

I'm not sure whether you deliberately used that to get rid of Akari, or whether that was just following things through to their natural comedy, but either way Ryoga's emotions came through well. I was stuck somewhere between shock, horror, anger, and despair during that scene. Nice job.

(PS: I'm looking forward to what you'll do with Akari out of the way. While I don't dislike Akari, I always found her entry a bit jarring, like a cop-out by Takahashi. I tend to prefer the Ryoga-Ukyo pairing, closeness without romance.)

It's been a nice interlude, but I'm looking forward to the real story! :) *can't wait can't wait can't wait*
302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »