Reviews for to be absolute
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This is beautiful. I love the non-linear layout and I lovelovelove how you have written it all. Heartbreaking.
Authoress Angst 01 chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
This was really touching and by the end I had tears in my eyes. I actually think that a non-linear style makes a story more interesting and gripping.

Anyway, this was just amazing!

Thais Uchiha chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
This was beautiful, everyone should read this independently of what they ship. It's more abou the tale of two sisters and the pain of losing one of them then about molly and lysander(though they are also important) I have a sister and reading this I can see myself going through the same stages as Molly if I ever lost her, this felt so real and I'd like to congratulate you for it

Thais Uchiha
lonely hands chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Oh, Madling. Please. How am I even supposed to put into words how gorgeous this is? I just gjdsbnfnsnd.

Honestly, my love for Mollysander has been dwindling a little. I know, I know. Shame on me. But oh, how could I not love them again after this? I would have to be a robot not to fall for your Lysander.

Your writing here is so beautiful. It left me breathless. It was so sad and tragic and so... true to life. I can't think how else to word it. It just... made me ache.

I'm sorry that I can't put into words how much I love this and, also, for how belated this review is (from Review Tag). Just know that you are a very talented writer, love. You gave the characters such strong voices and your style is like a breath of fresh air. I love it. Everything.
my best enemy chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Mad, you are KILLING me. You are forcing me to like the Scamanders! Anyway, beautiful, as usual. I do like it when you make it all angst-y and kill off the charcters. And Molly's heartbreak over her sister is so touching and real. I also liked the constant mentions of them being opposites and balancing each other out, and the parallelism between Molly and Lysander's and Lucy and Lorcan's relationships. Fantastic job! :)
currents chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Maddy, this has to be my most favourite by you yet.

Why are you so awesome?

The world may never know.
acciobutterbeer chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I think my heart actually stopped beating for a moment, reading that.

That was BEAUTIFUL. And sad. AND BEAUTIFUL. My sister doesn't get why I love nextgen so much. Or the LysanderMolly pairing. Psh, I don't get it either, but it's just... gahh. I love him. And you, in the way you can't help loving strangers who write so prettily. (Totally non-creeperesque love, by the way. Erm.)

And I love how effortlessly the story flows. I don't think I have a single criticism about this, and I think the non-linear format worked perfectly here. The imagery is so perfectly gorgeous and hopelessness of it all was fabfabfab and the characters are so very incredibly flawed but in such intense, fascinating ways that it's hard not to love them.

This is astonishing and you're an amazing writer. Definately faving, etc.

whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
That...oh God, there aren't even words for how beautiful that is, Mad. It made me cry and smile, all at once.

It wasn't confusing, not at all. In fact, I think it worked better, all jumbled up like that. I can't quite put my finger on why, though...

I just love how you wrote the four of them, and I find I'm starting to like MollyLysander (though I still prefer Lilysander :P)
yo chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
lovely job.
george's firework chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Oh, Madster. You shouldn't apologise for the confusion because there is none - you did this beautifully

I adored everything about it, from Molly's Slytherin, cynical nature, to Lucy converting Lorcan to a Narnia lover.

The line that really touched me was "The dead girl's footprints are still sealed into the mud by the lake." which had me on the edge of tears, just because I knew who it would be.

Well done, I have no criticism
symphonies of you chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Oh Mad.

Thank you for dedicating this to me. Your first non-linear was just absolutel .

You had me nearly crying when I read Lor's speech about Luce at her funeral. Your word choice made everything work so spectacularly. Obviously, I LOVED IT.

I love your Molly and Luce. How they're complete opposites but fit together so perfectly in that breathtaking sisterly bond. Your Ly and Lor are so adorable. I love how Lor inherited his mum's belief in the unseen. Ly is just so. He's just SO SWEET.

Haha, yay. The first MollyLy dedicated to me EVER. I think I might want to try writing a non-linear now. AND NO WHY DID LUCE HAVE TO DIE. D:

This was incredibly AMYZHIEING.

-Nic. :]
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
So, I honestly to goodness think that this is probably the best thing you've ever written, and I can't even believe that this is dedicated partially to /me/!

I mean, /gosh/, the MollyLysander was so flipping lovely here. It just was. (Though, no, I do not need to learn how much better it is than LilyLysander! :P) But I adored the way you wrote them all - one of the main reasons I don't ship Mollysander, besides my Molly being much too old for Ly - is that I ship Luce/Lorcan, and I thought the whole sister/brother, sister/brother thing would be too unlikely. But oh my goodness, did it work here - I just loved it, I loved it, I loved it.

The nonlinear thing was just the coolest thing ever - I actually am dying to try it myself now! - and I don't even know how you thought this whole thing up, but it was a really brilliant storyline. And IT REALLY WAS NOT CONFUSING AT ALL. For the story itself, I was never lost or wondered what was going on - the only tiny parts that I was confused about were the beginning and ending lines, about cliches... I didn't exactly get what you were trying to say. But other than that, it made total and complete sense, which must have been incredibly hard to pull off.

Your Molly and Lucy and Lorcan and Lysander were just one hundred shades of perfect. I loved all the couples together, and how everything was perfect, and then how everything fell apart… Lucy’s death was so sad, just incredibly tragic, though you described all the feelings of grief and even the death scene itself veryvery well. The way you flipped back and forth from the happy times – when Lucy was alive – to the sad ones made it all so much sadder and… gah, I don’t know. It was all so tragically beautiful, and I’m a total sucker for things like this.

I love how much of a contrast there was between the sisters, but how close they were too. I used to see Molly and Lucy as fighting all the time, but now I always see them – not exactly with the personalities you wrote here, but with the similar idea that they really love each other, even though they’re so different.

“She wonders what life would be like if she'd been able to save her sister.”

That line made me tear up a bit. Gosh, it was just so sad!

But I loved how you mixed up the lengths of the little stories – that was really nice. And I loved the opening scene too – I’ve neglected to mention that so far. At first, I thought it was Ly that had died, but I loved all poor Molly’s musings and how she was blaming herself because it was all beautifully written. And I loved the section too, about the dead girl’s – Lucy’s – footsteps still being there in the lake bed.

The scene when Molly enters her sister’s bedroom and destroys all the books was just amazing and awful and terrible and oh, I wanted to cry for them both, when she was looking in the mirror… ;( And then the ending – the ending was just plain fabulous. I felt so bad for Lorcan, but I loved how Lysander is Molly’s rock, how he offers her his hand, how she realizes that no matter what, Lucy can’t be there with her anymore.

Gosh, it’s so sad.

And her feelings of guilt were very realistic too.

I feel like I just keep repeating the same words – beautiful and sad, beautiful and sad, but that’s just what it was. It was an utterly marvelous story, with a fantastic plot, that really swept me up and I could really see the work you put into this… I really felt for the characters and could see it all unfolding and just sympathized so much with Molly…

“Without Lucy, she is no longer half of a picture. She is not the other side of the scale. She is not the cynical to someone else's dreamer.”

I loved that line too, just so you know.

So really, just marvelous work, on this, and like I said, I think it’s probably your best piece ever, and THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR DEDICATING IT TO ME.

Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
I understand that you were trying to have us not know who the dead person is in the first scene, but repeating "the person, the person" got a little jarring. Maybe a better phrasing would be something like "if she'd never suggested it, this wouldn't have happened." "She" instead of "the girl" early on would also have been fine and (I think) flowed more naturally.

Destroying the books was a great scene.
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 7/18/2011

I totally love it. :)

(as usual. ;D)

And dude, Lilysander is awesome. :)
thelilacfield chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
I was a little confused to start with but then I registered and it was beautiful

And I cried because Lucy is dead and ugh, why must you kill the sweetest ones off?

But this was beautiful and I loved the opener and the ending line because they were gorgeous :)

I love this, Mad, you are such a good writer :)