Reviews for Call of the fal'Cie
Pungent chapter 2 . 1/22
One of your oldest stories, and one of your best, in a satisfying yet unsettling way.

It's a shame this hasn't been continued. There's so much potential here, and it's disheartening to see it lost and forgotten in the bowels of the Internet. Perhaps it could use a resurrection? With a story to boot?
psdirkshen chapter 2 . 3/16/2013
As an avid fan of Lovecraft's work I have to say that you have really captured his style here. I look forward to anymore of these you might post.
G-AnakinRPG chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Wow... I am astounded at how amazing this story is. I have never seen anything like it. I am dying for more. This is a new, haunting, take on the FFXIII story.
SJ chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
You really can put your own spin on things, and I am beyond awed at the way you mold to different writing styles so well, all the while keeping that particular way you write there all the same.
xxDster chapter 2 . 11/13/2012
I admit I'm not a fan of Lovecraft-not because of any dislike, really I've just never taken a look at his stories (I suspect this will change soon). I guess that's why I initially put this fic aside, my lack of familiarity. Twas a poor choice on my part.

"For you own sanity, for your own soul, I beg you, do not look at it." I had to literally stop at this point for a minute to sit and shiver. Your choice of words-the imagery you craft... It's bone-chillingly wonderful. I can almost feel the eyes of the Old Gods on me as I read. I want to say so much more but few words seem to adequately express how these two chapters have made me feel.

You have a serious talent with the pen, Raziel. To be able to write so well in several very different genres, I'm envious! Regardless of how little attention this particular fic has garnered, I hope you continue with it. I'm hopelessly under your spell-I won't stop reading any time soon. A thousand kudos.
SeraphChaos chapter 2 . 9/24/2012
Fantastic and fascinating work. I really like the way you draw in the audience, slowing adding details and building suspense before dropping that nice little bombshell at the end. I'm hoping to see more from you in the future as well, but don't compromise quality by trying to post rapidly, take your time, I'd love to see this story come to completion and where you'll take us in each and every chapter.
Westbrook57 chapter 2 . 9/20/2012
FINALLY! The Lovecraft fic is updated! Anyway, I loved this chappie even more than the first. And it was nice to see that the prof is still alive, or at least thought as such(isn't that depressing?). Keep up the fantastic work.
Mermaid Ninja chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
More please.
random person chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Woah...this was amazing. I'm speechless. :-o

Reading this bought chills down my spine. I especially love the way you incorporated the FFXIII myth into this with your own twist. This deserves more reviews.

I want to type more, but doing so would only be a repeat of how awesome this is. I have no criticism.
Poisonberries chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Glorious. Some sophisticated writing and concepts at last! How this fandom is sorely missing them. At any rate, your grasp on Lovecaftian epistolary is freakishly strong. You captured the appropriate atmosphere brilliantly, and a genuinely shuddered at th description of Nora's death. Chilling, well written, incisive stuff. I tip my hat.
calicoJill chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I loved it. Just loved it. Very Lovecraft. The flow, the descriptions, the lore. All of it, very much Lovecraft. You would do him proud. Specially "some truths that are so terrible that to know them would drive us mad." heh, so perfect. :D

I was a little shocked when I saw this story on the page. not even 2 hours before checking for new stories had I reread The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Not kidding. So I felt my mind was nicely prepped for this.

I'd actually been writting a FFXIII story inspired by Lovecraft as well, but more for the way he describes things than for the lore. But I LOVE the way you transferred the Lore over. just brilliant. Hope to see more from you.
Creepy Quiet Kid chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Worthy of Lovecraft himself! I commend you, sir.
fixedmachine chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Oooo. Creepy, indeed. Very interesting twist on the XIII mythology. I especially like how you've written Bart. And Hope's going to find out about it, isn't he?

Great job as always! Keep up the good work!