Reviews for The Little Flower
I really like the idea of the Mulan characters as being all human (mostly because human Mushu is hilarious!), and your plot is very good. I like that your version of Mulan includes the "happy ending fairytale wedding" part that the movie didn't include :) Thank you for sharing this story, and God bless!
dragongirl2101 chapter 7 . 1/12/2014
Hm, ok I really loved your plot idea but you could really work on detailing your story, and giving the story more time to develop. Over all it was a great plot idea and concept/turn on the Disney take. I personally love that Mushu was Mulan's human best friend. But for the more realistic parts, china had and still has a very firm, rough, and merciless culture more so back then. I understand it is Disney so there is happy endings and im glad you stuck with that :) if you are wanting to grow as a writer I suggest going back and editing this, you don't have to post your edit, but go back and edit, add detail, give it time to progress slower if need be. also another note it would help to make you characters less blunt in emotions. Humans are complex creatures and we don't quite understand things as quickly as we should. I really did enjoy this story though, good job :)
Ava-Potter gal chapter 5 . 11/3/2013
Was the letter to Fa Zhou made of lyrics from a Simple Plan? I'm just curious if that was intentional or not because it seemed like it and I love the band.
Silver-Assassin7 chapter 2 . 7/11/2013
Wow, the ending is a bit harsh but it's still good
shivakobin chapter 7 . 1/26/2013
I can definitely see how creative you are, and how much potential this story had. The only problem was you rushed into it and rushed through it. I understand how sometimes you just NEED to get your ideas onto paper, but you don't have to publish that rough draft. Or, like I do sometimes, write the conclusion first, as you see fit, to sate your writer's rush. The story did improve a lot as you went on and I just hope next time you take your time with it. And one thing that really bugged me is that Mulan didn't have twigs in her hair when she met the matchmaker LOL. Hope I helped!
foureyedbabe chapter 5 . 1/22/2013
I think it's sweet he calls her his "Little Flower" :)
foureyedbabe chapter 4 . 1/22/2013
Um, you grammar kinda stinks. lol. I don't want be rude or make you feel bad, but I think you need to work on how you spell things and stuff. lol.
daianapotter chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
They are all out of character but will i will continue read it. See what happen
daianapotter chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Mulan lost his twin ( sad sad (
Guest chapter 7 . 7/30/2012
Ummm, why would Mulann and Mushu be awarded for being traitors? In the movie Shang spared her life because she saved his, and then saved the emperor in women's clothing, which is why she was declared a hero instead of a traitor. But realistically, in your version, there is no reason for the lives of Mulan or Mushu would be spared. They should have been executedc
MothBones chapter 2 . 7/25/2012
This is funny. Oh wait, you meant it to be serious?
They're all out of character.
Her father and mother aren't nearly that harsh.
Mulan hasn't had any training at this point so she couldn't "kick his butt".
Shang honestly isn't the "love at first sight" sort of fellow.
She didn't meet the matchmaker with twigs in her hair.
Ghosts of the Past chapter 7 . 7/24/2012
So lovely.
FullMentalPanic chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
The beginning of this really evokes the 'even a bad man, God forbid, is better than no man at all, God forbid' sentiment from "Fiddler on the Roof". I like it when you do a slightly different interpretation of the movie. I think things would have flowed better without you detailing exactly what Mulan was singing about and just summarized the general emotion of it.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Wow, context. Adding a dead son who Mulan may continually be measured against, having it happen while Zhou is away at war, getting him more involved with the General's family; a very nice set up. The emotion is genuine and comes across well, and nothing suffers from being brief.
Moons-Chan chapter 7 . 5/27/2012
What a complete happy ending!