Reviews for After
Perfection! You've stayed true to the spirit of the original novels while managing to create something unique and lovely. Thank you for writing; your talent is remarkable.
Love the Dumbledore quotes!
CeCe chapter 20 . 9/26/2011
Good Job, Girl!

You should be so proud of this story! I am excited that you have completed "After," but I am also disappointed that it's over. :(

Things have been stressful and crazy here the past few weeks, and your updates have been rays of fun and enjoyment in all the hectic-ness. It's been an awesome escape to take a little break, have some wine and read the latest installment. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. I can't wait to see what you'll write next-I'll be here to read it!
Jo chapter 20 . 9/26/2011
Hi there,

My name is Jo I am the computer illiterate Mom of CeCe. We just got done reading your story in our internet book club I am not as crazy about the clare dunkle books and the goblins & elves as Cece is, but she is a great sport about all the books I choose so I am happy to read it. I have never seen this website before. I think it is really neat how you can communicate directly with the writer! You can't do that when you read books. I think the best thing about your story is that it is very true to the spirit of the original books by clare dunkle. I also thought your plot twists were very clever. I hope that you will keep writing. I will watch for your next story and i will "read and review!"

Love,

Mama Jo
JayLah chapter 19 . 9/25/2011
I'm really happy Alex told Marak off a little bit. He is such a jerk. Sorry! LOL

I'm really glad Finn and Alex are ending up together. I was hoping they would, but I don't think I said anything because I just assumed she would end up with Kayto. Glad to be wrong :)

Nice to hear that Nir and Alice are expecting, even though it was just mentioned briefly. I really liked them and was kind of disappointed that they played such a small part of the story.
SiriusBlackisSiriuslyfunny333 chapter 20 . 9/24/2011
aww! so sad! i love the ending, although i got lost in the amount of grandkids! i'll miss this fic so much! so happy i could see it through!
AwkwardedOut chapter 20 . 9/23/2011
While the willing bride breaks tradition, I think it's rather apt that your story ends this way, since you seem to like the unconventional. The way Aggie became a King's Wife, for example. Or a male elf cross instead of a female one.

I do have a question... In your chapter, it says that when the old Kings retired, they passed their magic on to their sons. I thought that a King's magic was inherent from birth, and depended on the strength of their parents. While the magic of the race is embodied in the Kings, I didn't think they were 'passed on' in the sense suggested here, and it was only a matter of tradition for one King to die before his heir took over the role. Also, when Marak Sixfinger died, he used up the last of his magic to place a protection charm on Kate. There was also the bit about some Kings hoarding the last of their magic up until they died... Um... Yeah. I'll shut up now.

I'm rather sad to see this story come to an end. It has kept me entertained during (otherwise dull) hours of homework. But after reading your other ideas, I have hope for the future. Anyways, I've really enjoyed reading this story, and wish you luck on future ones.
speederina chapter 20 . 9/23/2011
Personally, I'm annoyed that you broke goblin tradition and had a willing and happy wife for Foxears. And think how disappointed he'd be, not being able to capture a wife. You remember how much Catspaw wanted to capture his bride. It takes away all the excitement. But I can tell how much you like disney endings, so I guess that's probably why you did it that way. Which is okay, I just would have preferred that he follow tradition.

All those names of all the relatives were really confusing. Although, for some inexplicable reason, I took quite a liking to Rima. And I really like the name Chris. Strange...

Anyway... Great job! You finished your story and kept all the secrets to yourself. Good luck with your classes and your other stories. :)
SiriusBlackisSiriuslyfunny333 chapter 19 . 9/22/2011
ohh! that was good! but i was looking forward to kayto and alex... oh well, this works just as well! i loved it, and can't wait until the next chapter!
calijame chapter 19 . 9/21/2011
This has been a fun story to read. I'm looking forward to the epilogue and extras. I think you did a great job matching the character of the books; it felt like I was reading another book in the series.
speederina chapter 19 . 9/20/2011
Great chapter! I'd say you wrapped it up pretty well and I look forward to the epilogue.

I am a little disappointed in the Foxears though. Just a little too Disney, in my opinion. He should be scarier. I mean, the heir isn't totally based on what his parents like about each other. His goblin DNA is very wild, so shouldn't he have more random characteristics?

Anyway, that was a pretty good ending. I liked the way Marak won every argument with Nir. ;)
CeCe chapter 18 . 9/18/2011
Just thought of one more comment-

Reviewer JayLah said the great twist about Finn prompted her (I'm assuming that JayLah is a girl, but I apologize if I'm wrong)to go back and read Finn's parts in light of the new info. After reading her review, I decided to do that, too. I"After" reminds me of "The Sixth Sense" in a way. There is an awesome plot twist-then you watch the movie again looking for the clues. I thought your clues fit perfectly. The whole thing is seamless that way and as JayLah said, it all makes sense.

You're Awesome!
CeCe chapter 18 . 9/18/2011
What a great chapter! We all loved it. "We" is the internet book club I'm in with my Mom, brother and two cousins. We're all originally from the same state, but we got pretty far flung and live in different places now. Our internet book club is one of the fun things we do to keep in touch. None of us had heard of Clare B. Dunkle until this year when we read her Hollow Kingdom series. Then I found the Clare B. Dunkle section on this website. We decided to do something we've never done before-read a fanfiction story for our book club selection. So we are all reading "After" together now and we're having a great time! ("What does she have, that I don't?...Drugs.") Everyone also loves the author's notes after your latest chapter. It is really cool to read your comments about each of your characters-it gives a lot of insight into the story. Looking forward to more!

Also-was thinking about you and your engineering tests and hoping that all went well. :)
speederina chapter 18 . 9/17/2011
I'm kind of speechless. I'm amazed you kept all that to yourself. Quite a feat, in my opinion. As for Finn being an elf, that would actually let the goblins keep Finn and Alex there to make an elf-cross daughter who would later marry the goblins.

You know what? You should do another sequel about Finn and Alex's daughter set entirely in the goblin Kingdom. Maybe just a one-shot, but still. That would be cool.

Anyway, that was pretty amazing. Great job! I look forward to the next chapter.
JayLah chapter 18 . 9/16/2011
Wow that was a great twist. That made me go back and skim over Finn's parts of the story again in light of the new info. I like how unique this is since in the series and in most fan fic, when there's an elf/human cross (outside of the elf King) it's always a female. Plus, it all makes sense and I didn't see it coming. Kudos for this!