Reviews for Stung Through The Heart
Can you continue the story, maybe where Britt goes to Arizona to see john and Mary again. Thanks
Godzilla and Gamera chapter 10 . 11/26/2011
I love it! I know I've said that almost every chapter but it's true! (It's also why I'm not an english major!) I had tears in my eyes because I knew this was the last chapter. Until I checked your profile and found you started another story! You've brighten up a hard week and a holiday weekend. You're the best! Don't stop writing!
IcyWaters chapter 10 . 11/25/2011
Superb ending to a superb story!

I was curious how Bridgett’s fate would be resolved. I’m glad she got a happy ending, too. A small part of me wants to know so much more about John and Mary’s father. What happened between the couple? How did the father lose track of his children? Overall, I like the way everything is wrapped up. It fits the pulpy tone of the story…and you should always leave your readers wanting more. :-)

One quibble – I’d change the line “I remarried after your mom and I separated” to they were divorced. Makes him seem like a bigamist that way. :-)

I love the way John learns who is beneath the mask! And the knowing smile and wink from Frank…you had me squealing. Brilliant! The final line is perfect. Thank you for such a terrific Green Hornet adventure.
IcyWaters chapter 9 . 11/25/2011
One word: Perfect.

Everything about this chapter is flawless. The opening sentence made my blood run cold. Each time that scumbag struck John, I wanted to reach out and strangle him. Give him a taste of his own medicine. Jack made my anger boil over in a way not many villains have. There’s not a single redeeming feature about him. I can’t even begin to describe how satisfying it was when he finally got his comeuppance! :-)

Once again, I’m struck by how naive John can be at times. Surrendering in hope that it will save his sister and his new friends was incredibly noble – and stupid. He’s got that tough exterior and has had a rough childhood, but underneath it all, he’s only a kid. He’s such a great character!

I’m glad Britt remained in control, but I wouldn’t have blamed him if he went too far. Still, I’m glad he didn’t. Jack’s not worth crossing that line for. Despite his growing anxiety, the publisher never loses his sharp wits. It would be easy to do something foolish, but he remains grounded. Of course, he has Kato backing him up. :-) Loved how they took those goons out.

Ah, and we came so close to that moment of truth between Britt and Casey! Damn those inches. :-) I must tell you how nervous that scene made me. Britt in the Hornet garb and the girls asleep in the next room...I feared one of them getting up and strolling into the office.

This chapter was definitely worth the wait. Did I mention how much I loved Jack getting his just deserts? :-)
ElwynClark chapter 10 . 11/24/2011
THIS WAS SO PERFECT. SERIOUSLY. I spent a whole weekend watching the entire GH series and you definitely captured every character perfectly! The ending was great!
Frog1 chapter 10 . 11/23/2011
Perfect Ending! Hope you do a sequel!
JanEyrEvanescence12 chapter 10 . 11/23/2011
Perfect, a happy ending for all. I loved how John figured out who the Hornet was. A wonderful story and I can't wait for more.
Godzilla and Gamera chapter 9 . 11/22/2011
Yeah! So worth the wait! I love the boundary the you show between Casey and Britt. We all wish it wasn't there, but we all knew it existed. As usual you caught another chapter in the spirit of the orginal show. Can't wait for the next chapter!
JanEyrEvanescence12 chapter 9 . 11/17/2011
Wow! What a perfect chapter! You outdid yourself, as usual. I was holding my breath, waiting for Jack to get his butt kicked. And you delivered! So now what's going to happen to John and Mary now that the man who killed their mother is in custody?
Godzilla and Gamera chapter 8 . 10/5/2011
I love it! I've got chills running up and down my spine from the last part of the chapter! Can't wait for the next one!
IcyWaters chapter 8 . 10/2/2011
Ack! No, no, no, no… John can’t be in Jack’s clutches. No!

I’m taking a deep breath and trying to calm down. Britt vowed to John that he would protect them and Britt’s a man of his word. That means John is safe. Yep, John is safe. Okay, I’ve calmed down because I’m certain John is safe. :-)

With that out of my system, let’s return to the beginning of this chapter. I’m glad John finally opened up to Britt and Kato. It’s been a long time coming and now they can take action to ensure John and Mary’s safety. On that note, how tragic and brutal can these two kids’ lives be? Knots were forming in my stomach as I read. It’s terrible how Molly decided to stand up for herself and create a better life for her children and died for it.

And now we have John offering himself up to save his sister – Stupid, stupid boy! Yet, I must admit it is rather noble in a twisted sort of way. I sure hope Britt and Kato find him in time. The scenario wouldn’t make me so nervous if Jack and his goons stayed in the city, but they moved to the woods. The Green Hornet and Kato are going to have to tear the city apart – and the faster the better.

I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the next update!
IcyWaters chapter 7 . 10/2/2011
John’s reaction as morning arrived was heartbreaking. We know he’s had a difficult childhood (and that’s probably putting it mildly), but I like to imagine that his mother did try her best with what she had. But for John’s first instinct after the outburst to pack his suitcase in preparation of being sent away was horrible.

Yes, in a way he wants to get away from “that lousy dope” to protect him, but it was easy to sense how he didn’t truly want to leave. For the first time in his life, he and Mary have a loving home and stability. On a side note, while this is a work of fiction, I can’t help but think of how this happens in real life far too often. It should never happen at all. It almost makes me sick to my stomach.

I was actually surprised to discover Mrs. White was still alive. I was certain she was dead the way the scene her ended in the last chapter. At least we know Britt is a man of his word and will make things better for everyone in that building. :-) Plus, it was a joy seeing his ingenuity at play getting into the building.

Ooh, it was good seeing Frank as the voice of reason in Britt’s office. The publisher’s open display of raw anger was shocking – yet it was nice to see something ruffle his feathers. He’s always the definition of calm, cool and collected. ;-) Ah, and is Frank playing matchmaker for his friends? It sure seemed that way! :-)

Now we come to Crystal… As much as I despise her, I can’t truly blame her reaction. After all, she was abducted at knifepoint and slapped around – and all because of Britt’s concern for the kids. It certainly doesn’t excuse her behavior to Bridgett, but she’s rattled. If I were in her shoes, I’d probably lash out the same way.
JanEyrEvanescence12 chapter 8 . 10/2/2011
Ah, the plot thickens. Now we know John and Mary's story. Nice tight turns and twists, now John's gone and gotten himself into a nice peck of trouble. And we know GH isn't going to allow Jack to hurt John...I want ringside seats for when GH and Kato meet up with Jack...
Frog1 chapter 8 . 10/2/2011
Oh, goody! Green Hornet to the rescue! I wonder if John is going to figure out who he is? However, the better question would be if John's and Mary's dad is still alive in Arizona?
smithcrafter chapter 7 . 9/29/2011
Ooh! Good one. I see Britt's FINALLY coming to his senses about Crystal. Now, how long will it take for him to calm down and register just what Crystal said about her abduction?