Reviews for In Grains of Sand
lilyflower101 chapter 2 . 1/3
love it! more please! :)
PadfootIsMyHomeDawg chapter 2 . 2/19/2014
...i vote you update this. yeah. and finish the fic. cuz i like it. and i want more. ;p
Guest chapter 2 . 7/3/2013
I wish you had continued! this was getting interesting and I would love to know what's going to happen next!
confusedblondie chapter 2 . 3/10/2013
Another excellent story of yours, the quality of it mirroring Mindful Eyes and Starting From Scratch.
The way you bring us into this story, in medias res, in the middle of the events, the Marauders planning another prank during lunchtime , without unnecessary desciptions or explanations, vividly and directly...
And of course, when it comes to expressing emotions there's your signature subtlety. :))
This is another masterpiece and makes me really jelaous of you, I wish I had a half of your talent!
badgerlady chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Is there any chance you'll go on with this? It's so, so good, and your unexpected update of "Mindful Eyes" has given me hope for all your unfinished fics...
BellaPur chapter 2 . 1/7/2013
Poor Sirius
Weller4ever chapter 2 . 9/2/2012
Excellent story so far! Cannot wait to read more :)
pimanlives chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Beautiful story. I love how surprised Sirius is by the kindness Mr. and Mrs. Potter are showing him.
Saragorni chapter 2 . 12/7/2011
I have been reading your works for quite a while now and I want to tell you what a great author you are. While out of all your stories, the Starting from Scratch series is my favorite, this story, above all others touches my heart-and sadly makes it ache.

You have created such three dimensional characters in the peripheral characters like Mr. and Mrs. Potter and in the young Sirius and James that I can't help but think of them as fully-fledged people. Mr. Potter in particular has so much love for his son it is tangible and he extends that to Sirius.

But because these characters are so well developed I worry for what they are going to go through all to soon. James and Sirius are 12 years old in this story and so very young and innocent. To think James has only 9 years left to live is heart-breaking. He's got so much enthusiasm and sense of "what is right" it hurts to think that will be gone.

Sirius has just escaped one kind of prison in this story and in those mere 9 years, he will be in one that is worse. Life can't cut him much of a break it seems.

And while 9 years will end the life of James, his innocence will be lost much sooner. He will be going into his second year in the coming fall. In possibly less than that Voldemort will be in power (by their OWL year Death Eaters already abound as we know from OOTP)and he will be affected by it.

This story has made the tragedy of Harry Potter's life and that of his parents generation very real-if only because they seem so safe in themselves and their relationships and so very innocent. Knowing that it is all about to fall apart around them is heart-wrenching.

While this may not be an exact review of this story, this are the thoughts it brought to mind-and only a well-developed and well-executed story with great characters does that sort of thing. I can see where James gets his strength and love of his son from and I can see the example that allowed Sirius to mature into the wonderful godfather he is not only in the books but in Starting From Scratch.

Thanks for the wonderful read. You truly have a gift. I hope life calms down for you and that your writing muse can find time to play again. I'll wait as patiently as I can-I know it will be worth it.
stemware chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
...That was brilliant. I love the way you wrote the dialogue at the end, and I love the James-and-Sirius sections - they're pretty much the way I would have imagined them to be in canon. I especially love Sirius in this story. Great job!
xCecilex chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
Brilliant chapter, as always, and I'm looking forward to more!
alix33 chapter 2 . 8/8/2011
"The broomstick dropped unhappily, wiggling in the grass." - Poor all of a sudden neglected broomstick, hehehe.

"his mother's evening hairstyle didn't actually resemble Babbity Rabbity when she turned herself into a tree. A lie, of course, but Sirius had wanted to be let out of the attic—the Room of Disgrace—for the lavatory at some point…" - No wonder Walburga Black was so all yell-y and shout-y in her portrait all the time in the books, then. If I HAD hair that looked like that AFTER it got done for an evening do, I would have turned into yell-y portrait person too, were I magical and after my death and in the portrait I would have had made to torment my still-living relatives who every single one of them has better hair than dead me.

"(Regulus looked horrible when he cried: snotty and bug-eyed. And after a long while of that, even cousin Bellatrix would show sympathy.)" - Sirius is here, IMO, grossly overestimating Bellatrix's capacity for sympathy, as she has none and never had either.
marca chapter 2 . 8/8/2011
Great chapter, as allways! The Durmstrang letter is a interesting idea.

I love how you describe Sirius and James waiting, waiting until James' mother sleeps. I think it's difficult to write a waiting situation in a interesting way, and you do that brilliant.

I also love the conversation between Sirius and Mr. Potter; that's so sweet.

Thank you for writing your stories.
achillies-eel chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
Oh James, you hot heaeded FOOL. -hides- And Sirius! You two know better! :P

The poor Potters, they must have been so scared! Silly boys! At least they know better now... or they will soon, at any ate. Great job! So happy to see this updated! Hope to see more soon!
SouthernBlossom chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
Brilliant, as usual. I look forward to reading your updates! I'm especially looking forward to the next installment of this story. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

SB