Reviews for Much Ado About Fenchurch East
Angervo chapter 5 . 12/29/2014
This is definitely one of my favorite A2A fics - I have re-read it a number of times and I always like to read it again. I love the Shakespearean plot, Gene and Alex finally admitting their feelings, and, above all, Keats finally getting what he deserves! It also explains nicely why Chris and Shaz broke up - although I feel really angry for Chris being such a twat. He is a detective, after all! But we all know that Shaz will forgive him in the end so it will be all right. Hope that you will still keep on writing more stories after you have finished Charity at Christmas!
Snapecharmer1 chapter 5 . 3/7/2013
The world seems to have Much Ado fever lately, and I heartily approve of your spin. Their characters are so ripe for this plot, I'm sure that it almost wrote itself. :) Thanks for taking the time to write it and share with us. It was very enjoyable.
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 5 . 2/12/2013
I am SLOW. It took me two read-throughs and a day at work before I realized you'd managed to end this with a dance, just as Shakespeare does Much Ado about Nothing. Duh.

It also occurs to me this is an exercise in putting things right that were manhandled by the screenwriters, though in their defense I'd say THEY let Keats get beat up too.

But I digress. Luigi made a great Dogberry/avenging Italian. Nice to see him shine, along with Viv.

You haven't gone with the easy happy ending of Much Ado about Nothing, but it's more believable that Chris and Shaz would have to overcome this betrayal, and I appreciated that you made Shaz so feisty, especially since she's in the Hero role and could too easily go into the background.

And I loved the Gene-isms in this("Oh, Bolly, I am going to enjoy this."), plus the good copy/bad cop interview with Alex and the guv, plus Alex's use of one of my favorite classic lines, "Is that a threat or a promise?"

This was worth waiting for, and I'm actually sorry to see the story end. But I'll be happy if you keep writing TBOAE, etc.

Well done.
LouBelle04 chapter 5 . 2/12/2013
Great chapter, and lovely fic :)
Sad it's over, but really enjoyed it!
GeneHuntress chapter 5 . 2/12/2013
Enjoyed this from start to finish, tHgo - and what a lovely ending. Really hope life settles down and you get more time to write in the future. :) xx
Jazzola chapter 5 . 2/11/2013
I am honestly this close to tears. A beautiful and yet bittersweet ending, the promise of future happiness alongside Shaz and Chris' difficulties, Annie's wisdom and Luigi! Oh my goodness, how amazing was Luigi. I absolutely love Keats' hissing- definitely one of the spookier parts of him. You are such a talented writer, this was well worth the wait.

I hope you will carry on posting, and I also hope that life gets better for you- sounds like things are still rough. All the very best, and thank you so, so much for a lovely fic.

PS: You've also reminded me that I need to learn my lines for Comedy of Errors- thanks!
Eleantris chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
I'm so sorry it's taken me an unforgiveable amount of time to get round to reading and reviewing this update; I got bogged down in school work and the alert for this got swamped with a lot of other emails at the bottom of my inbox. :/

But I so wish I'd remembered to read it earlier because this was fantastic! I loved the slow chase with ensuring it was Keats, and the little Galex moments woven in throughout. Poor Chris and Shaz though; I hope they can speak with each other soon!

Sorry again, and brilliant writing as always! :D

Eleantris :) x
GeneHuntress chapter 4 . 9/26/2012
Still loving this one, tHgo - and Much Ado is one of my favourite Shakespeare comedies. :)

Sorry for the delayed review but I've been away on me jollies! More very soon, I hope? xx
HeidiT chapter 4 . 9/18/2012
I'm so glad you have been able to continue this story. Another great couple of chapters, which manage to both maintain the original Much Ado parallels and be completely in character for Ashes to Ashes.
The Small Hobbit chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
I'm continuing to enjoy this and really interested to see how things are going to play out. You know I've seen the original play, but it's fascinating to see how you've updated the plot.
JoinTheHunt1981 chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
Yay! I was so happy to see an update for this fic! Still loving it and I really hope Keats is caught out soon! :)
Jazzola chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
Love it! Can't wait to read more and find out how the story unfolds- I haven't read Midsummer Night's Dream since GCSE so it's nice to kind of have an idea of how it all turns out, but to have forgotten any details long ago, lol. And I love that Gene and Alex are together. Fabulous.

Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 4 . 9/9/2012
Here we go! Beatrice and Benedick are such a natural parallel with Alex and Gene, and yet I was astonished at how neatly you incorporated the B&B he said/she said conversation about what made them fall in love.

It was a nice touch too having it just begin to dawn on Alex that she was living out Much Ado, and I assume you meant the guv's moment of surprise to suggest the same thing.

Good scene with Chris sitting beside the river (VERY season 3, and very in character). Again, I was astonished at how fast you incorporated the deception regarding Hero's fate, though at this point I'm not sure how you are going to reveal the truth to Chris, as I doubt you'll want to go the substitute bride route.

Good detective work from everyone, especially Annie, and I like it that Keats still isn't clever enough to cover his tracks.

I caught the inclusion of Margaret, and the return of Ursula. And as always, I like having Viv around.

But sweetest of all was that scene in the guv's office when he just can't hold back. He was already in love; all he needed was a push in the right direction. Yum.
theoofoof chapter 4 . 9/9/2012
So glad to see an update to this! Hope things have eased for you at home, or if not that you've found a way of coping.

Can't wait for more, although I have to think Gene is being a bit mean to Chris letting him think Shaz is dead...but as you have Alex point happens in the original Much Ado so I suppose I can live with it.
Katla chapter 3 . 5/27/2012
Thank you, I enjoyed this story very much.

I have been seeing Keats as a reptile for some while. How he must hate Genes snakeskin boots :-)

Best wishes