Reviews for Our Kind of Life
i enjoy your writing. sometimes i don't know where you're going with it. at the end it seems to becomes a reality. i can see with my mind's eye all that is going on at a particular time. it's very visual.
she doesn't want to be a housewife
nice beginning. haven't read this one before.
murphycat chapter 7 . 7/12/2013
Outstanding chapter. I do wish she had smacked him upside the head. Perry did hedge a bit about the "kiss" when it was more...he really can be childish. Della can read him like a book.
Barbara Lambert chapter 14 . 6/15/2013
I truly enjoyed your story. Starting out as how they started working together up until their final years. I could not lay it down until it was finished! Thank you for doing justice to my favorite characters.
murphycat chapter 14 . 2/15/2013
Incrredible story. Imean wow! What detail and storyline! Unbelievably good!
StartWriting chapter 14 . 1/21/2013
oooh I read it again, I love it again. Thank you for this one ... again
Guest chapter 14 . 1/13/2013
This was an excellent story. It was so realistic. The transitions were very smooth. The characters were full bodied. I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter and could not wait to see what happened. Lot of action, development of relationships, and consistency. You did a fabulous job
StartWriting chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I love this story, reading it over and over again. Close to tears at some points... Loved it, thanks for sharing
Animaltalker chapter 14 . 11/13/2011
Loved this story
razraz chapter 14 . 10/14/2011
"What else would it be?" ha can see the gruff look on his face at that response.

Thank you for your story - great coverage of the time frame, nice dipping in and out of stories, fabulous angst throughout - but all that forgiveness and understanding at the end.

Sensational final paragraph. Hope Ken had left the building!

razraz chapter 13 . 10/14/2011
I just don't like the Parrishes but Della is so classy. Go Della!
razraz chapter 12 . 10/14/2011
"the house that was in Della's name"

"Perry is never shy to ask for what he wants."

Great description of Paul's curiosity and the exchange he has with Della, its very sensitive and sweet.

The imagery of her trying to rinse him out of her life but not really succeeding, not really wanting to succeed.

"matured softness of her skin" - what a great description

"blissful wave of fatigue"

This exchange "How could I blame an entire state for my distress with Laura Robertson?"

'... her bluntness caught him off gaurd but pleased him nonetheless." made me laugh and I can see Della giving a slight eyebrow lift as she delivered that.

razraz chapter 11 . 10/14/2011
The phone ringing and he just can't answer it, the anxiety he suffers as he slowly admits to himself that in trying to satisfy himself he is pushing her away - a hard lesson for him to learn.

His growl into the phone even though he knows its most likely her.

"I don;t want you to get upset." - so Della, I think this is my favourite, favourite line in the whole story.

I like how he gets excited about getting his teeth stuck in to save someone but then feels guilty about it. Also for all he's been through and thought about and he still gives her the once over when he walks in to see her.

razraz chapter 10 . 10/14/2011
"parched the last drop of chivalry in him." this is a great line given how greedy and selfish he is being, yet I feel sorry for him even while understanding why Della needs a bit of space. You mix up emotions so well, one line you can have five different emotions woven in and out of each other.

Calm disapproval.

The uncomfortable exchanges -"I'm not your mistress." "Do you love me" when Perry actually sees her insecurities but can't quite stop himself.

The conversation they have over Paul Jnr - so Della and so Perry.