Reviews for Our Kind of Life
guest chapter 14 . 6/22
I am elated that they finally got married. If Della had not been so stubborn in the beginning, they could have had a happy marriage with children. But the tenor of the times in the early days made it difficult for women who wanted to have something of their own and wanted to be independent earning their own money. Perry also had a stubborn streak in him. He knew that Della was independent so why not get married secretly. He was a victim of the tenor of the times also. Unfortunately women still have a long way to go in their struggle for women's rights.
But happily Perry and Della are married and are through with the Lauras of the world. 6/22/17
Guest chapter 14 . 3/16/2016
loved the ending.
Guest chapter 14 . 3/15/2016
you did a good job of putting it all together.
Guest chapter 13 . 3/15/2016
well that worked well. i was surprised that she accepted but i'm glad.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/15/2016
nice tie-up. we knew they would be together but how would it work. loved the pre and post of the movies. makes them more understandable.
Guest chapter 11 . 3/15/2016
it took something so grevous to get them back together again.
Guest chapter 9 . 3/15/2016
this was such a sad episode, especially knowing the outcome. it helps to know how all of this happened. thanks.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/15/2016
della always surprises me. i sometimes think she's a fool. it takes her so long to recup from the pain and she jumps right back in again.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/14/2016
i can't understand and yet i can understand her love. sn
she should have made him wait just a little while.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/14/2016
more than i wanted to know. disappointed in perry.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/23/2016
this is an interesting start.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
different from the other "beginnings". liked it.
Guest chapter 14 . 3/1/2015
i enjoy your writing. sometimes i don't know where you're going with it. at the end it seems to becomes a reality. i can see with my mind's eye all that is going on at a particular time. it's very visual.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/26/2015
she doesn't want to be a housewife
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
nice beginning. haven't read this one before.